Knee injury could derail Chong Wei’s French campaign

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by ixory, Oct 28, 2007.

1. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    When did Cooler and myself make the statement of "have a public medical investigation to verify his claims"? Especially Cooler didn't participate with this at all... just 2 or 3 posts at most...with 1 to 2 sentences each.

2. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    you have to ask them.

cooler didn't participate? hmm... he must have lurked off somewhere...

you said that Lin Dan had himself examined in swiss open while Lee didnt which made Lee more suspicious, hence you are saying that if Lee should have called a doctor and be examined

3. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Can you honestly say that the highlighted portion is only your assumption of what I posted, and not actually "what I posted".:rolleyes:

If I remember correctly, didn't you claim that Chen Hong's walk over during Macao open was not legitimate as well because he didn't prove to you that he really was injured?

with regarding to Cooler's participation, please refer to the my most recent post above. Read carefully... please.

#63 bananakid, Oct 28, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  4. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    I can't prove to them whether I watch it or not... I hope they don't ask me to prove it,too... or I can say something like " I don't need to prove to you that I watched the match...":p

5. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    this is what you said:
    At least he withdrew, and he was examined by a doctor in front of the audience. He didn't finish the game, then have his coach claimed that he didn't lose due to his opponent beat him, but he was injured, so his opponent was spared from a defeat. That is a big difference.

You are saying the big differences is Lin Dan being examined, while Lee not being examined. You are directly saying that the big differences between Lee and Lin's innocence is the presence of a doctor.

How can this be any clearer?

6. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    anyway to avoid being banned from this forum, i won't continue this discussion with you...

7. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    The high-lighted portion is the key difference, not the doctor part.:rolleyes:

8. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    I am willing to stand up for my point of view... but it seems like not everyone has the guts to do so. Not like we are swearing at each other and bullying each other... unless BC forum discourages any kind of disagreement or debate among members.

9. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Me too as I was watching the 3rd set, I was surprised at the way LCW played...I find it strange with no jumping smash and even when he jumped to smash, he did not jump as high as before and I was thinking the same as you that LCW employed the wrong strategy but if it was a knee problem that would explain the way he played...Bao win is a win, cos if it was Bao who was injured, I would say the same too for LCW or whoever. Cooler said Bao played like a girl, but this match Bao was the aggressor compared to LCW.

10. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Concur with your take.

11. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Louisa, UN these days are all talk and more talk and has no bite and no influence...check the war in Iraq and that pretty much said it all....Maybe if you play peacemaker and cook up a storm just as you posted before to tempt Hauge may works...hehehe!!!:p;)

12. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

You can praise your hero in which ever way you want but except to discount the winner. Win is a Win and I think almost if not all Pro players does carry some injury more or less.

And IMO, that's an lame excuse.

13. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    How did you manage to watch the game ? Live score or stream ?

14. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

And that is your opinion versus mine. If LCW did not have the knee problem, I would not have said what I said -- it would have been something like "BAO won on form" or something similar.

15. gidong

gidong Regular Member

hey hey whats goin on pipol ?????

16. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

I think that's beyond just simply your opinion because you called Bao is lucky to win and you're discounting Bao's effort to excuse LCW's lost. Not to mention Bao has played both TH and CJ in 3 sets before the match with LCW, how much luck Bao could have without the skills that on par with the best???

17. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I watched the game live on our TV ASTRO. After the 1st game, I thought LCW would 'romp in'.

But in the second set, it confounded me when I saw him playing long rallies instead of doing what he did in the 1st game.

Clearly, I could see something was wrong coz he wasn't smashing. As a fan, I would believe Misbun -- I don't think he makes up stories just to please.

18. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

So what if I think he was lucky to win this ? It is still my opinion - did I force it down your throat ?

19. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    I din watch the semis..... i thought Boa was on great form when i heard he beat LCW.

But after watching the Finals (& losing money on Bao :D ) Bao doesn't look to be on 'great form'

so IMHO, perhaps LCW injury can be considered true. No credit to be taken away from Bao tho.... a win is a win.

20. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    whether it is true whether lcw was playing with injury at that time doesn't matter anymore. he lost. bcl didnt win either, LD won. that's it. IMO, complaining the head coach or giving excuses after losing are nothing but lame. ;) why dont you do that while you are winning?? then you are the man.