Mizuno Badminton 2017

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by pizzaboi, Jan 14, 2016.

1. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    The one i got is 4UG5 and grip size feels like G4. For the past model, their G5 are actually more closer to G6 (handle size is smaller when comparing racket with same grip size of G5)

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

2. Lawe

Lawe New Member

How do you feel on the JPX CX? Smash/ defense/ response/repulsion. Is it very head heavy compare to technix 1.2? Would you recommend it for double game?

3. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    I nv own a technix 1.2, so i cant do a comparison with that racket. I would say JPX CX is more for backcourt smasher and because of the head heaviness, the amount of effort needed for net play and drop shots is higher. Drive shots are still alright.

For defense, i find quite alright as it is light enough to maneuver. My racket weight with string and grip is ard 86 to 87g.

I would recommend if u are a 100% backcourt player who like to smash more often than net or drop and still want a fast racket for defense.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

badmintony likes this.
  4. Dezlets

Dezlets Regular Member

Guys need help on jpx ltd.

Where is the serial number located ah any idea how to check authenticity of job ltd?

5. salepang

salepang Regular Member

Valour V9 anyone?can share some review please..

6. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Here

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]

7. badmintony

Bad news for JPX LTD Extra Stiff version lovers. Abugek Sports shop says distributor isn't re-stocking it anymore, but the Stiff version would still be available at a later time. Good thing that I already own an ES version:rolleyes:

8. Klein Phua

Klein Phua New Member

I believe this serial number is more if the batch number.
    There should be a sticker under the grip that shows the actual serial of the racquet?

9. Dezlets

Dezlets Regular Member

Thanks bro for the pic! First time saw this kind of code for serial number haha! That's why wanna confirm! Thanks again

10. Dezlets

Dezlets Regular Member

Yes I found a sticker on the handle under the grip!!

11. badmintony

Yes there is but mine is covered by the grip so I was only able to show this part:D

12. Klein Phua

Klein Phua New Member

Cheers buddy :)

At first I thought it was the serial number too

Anyway just wondering if anyone holding on to the JPX Ltd and the extra stuff version compare both?

It seems from spec the extra stiff version seems more head heavy and might seems quite similar to the 8.1 pro?

13. badmintony

The only person here I believe has both is okuhara. I might've miss it, but I was kind of waiting for a feedback from okuhara comparing the two. I only have the ES version but this alone satisfies me a lot, in fact, more than my astroxes do. I feel it's almost as solid as my N9II.

From the specs it is head heavier than the stiff version or the 8.1, the ES with a declared dry weight of 90g but I don't have any issues with it so far. Smashing particularly is a joy and no arm fatigue for me.

14. Fredy Hu

Fredy Hu New Member

Hi guys!

Looking to get your advice in Mizuno racket that is stiff, quick frame, and slightly head heavy/even balance. What racket do you think will fit this specs? Basically I am looking to get a good JS 10 alternative.

I heard JPX 8.5, and Prototype X-1 are good shouts but wondering if there are any other especially since Mizuno launched quite a few in 2018.

15. DeepInTrance

DeepInTrance New Member

Healthcare
    Hi Guys!

After contemplating for almost 2 years, I have finally got a Mizuno for myself. The one I ordered is a JPX LTD version as in India it is very hard to find too many options such as the JPX-CX version. I have been primarily playing with Victor Racquets, TK9000, JS 10 and 12F. The JS were very good racquets but both lacked the power in the frame as compared to TK9000 which is tiring my aging wrists after 2 games. Having extensively researched about this racquet, I hope it sits somewhere in between the Jetspeed and thruster and also less expensive to the pocket. It will be a first for me to use a Made in China racquet. Hope I dont get to see quality and durability issues with the Mizuno. I am going to get it strung today with a Nanogy98 or a BG66F and give an update on whether the racquet filled the void between my JS10/JS12F and TK9000.

16. badmintony

Enjoy your Mizuno JPX LTD:D AFAIC I find so much excitement using this with an aerosonic string at 26lbs.

I'm just wondering why there's a JAPAN on the butt cap when people say most Mizuno rackets to date are made in china. Racket manufacturers usually display the country of manufacture on the butt cap or shaft, so why would it say JAPAN in the JPX LTD if it was made in china?

17. DeepInTrance

DeepInTrance New Member

Healthcare
    May be they wanted to mention it like - "Designed in Japan", just the way some other companies too write to avoid focus that the product is made in China. Made in China doesn't inspire too much confidence in a lot of people, including me. Hence the initial skepticism at my end too as I dont buy Made in China racquets ever. However now that I have one and have got it gutted with Nanogy 98 at 24 pounds, today evening I shall be testing it! Quite excited! :)

#1837 DeepInTrance, Mar 22, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  18. DeepInTrance

DeepInTrance New Member

Healthcare

Hi Guys!

So over the last weekend, I did test my new Mizuno JPX ltd edition and I have to admit that after the matches played with this racquet, on every occasion, I was smiling! :)
    One thing that I have to admit from the outset is this is a true racquet, in the sense that the feedback of this racquet is true.
    Another outstanding thing (and no exaggeration there) that I felt with this racquet is that this is the first racquet in my life to which I didnt have to get adjusted to. The racquet was just so true on the feedback that I hardly took more than 30 minutes to get used to it. I have to admit this has happened for the first time with me. It took me almost few months to get used to my Yonex Z-Force II, took me almost 6 months to get used to Victor TK9000 and later with JS10. Earlier to this the fastest I got adjusted to a racquet was Ashaway Phantom X Speed which took me almost a week. So very very pleased there!

I was also skeptical about this racquet being 3U as I mostly play with 4u racquets and doubles only, but as mentioned by folks in this forum about the weight being in between the yonex 3U and 4U really was true and it worked just fine for me too. So Thank you for the honest feedback!

I am not a heavy smasher anymore so my average baseline smashes were satisfactory with this racquet too. Probably the Thruster 9000 beats it on the baseline but then fast maneuvering of the TK9000 at the net and mid court defense is tough for me after few matches. Back to the JPX LTD, from the baseline, I was struggling a bit with the tight drops but I guess I will take some time there.

Where I think this really stood out was the mid court and the front court area. This racquet was fast even while it is slightly head heavy. Defending with this racquet was a breeze and the defensive drives with this were a joy to execute. Fast drives from the mid court, taps, net kills, net dribbles, high lifts / lobs from the net and baseline forearm clears were all managed with ease with this racquet.

About how I would rate this racquet with my abilities:
    Speed - 8.5/10
    Maneuverability - 9/10
    Defense - 9/10
    Control at the net - 8.5/10
    Mid court - 9.5/10
    Rear court Smashes - 7.5/10 (also attributed to my not so strong shoulder)
    Build Quality - so far no issues observed

Racket was strung with Yonex Nanogy 98 (as are most of my rackets) at 24 pounds of tension.
    Two overgrips (Yonex AC 102 EX) were required for this racquet to fit in my hands.

Overall a fantastic doubles racket and good value for money. A good break from my Yonex and Victor racquets.
    On the question whether this racquet is filling the gap between the Jetspeeds10/12F and the Thruster9000 and is comparable on the departments where both these racquet segments excel - Answer is a "Yes"! :)

Cheers!

#1838 DeepInTrance, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    badmintony likes this.
  19. badmintony

Is it the stiff or extra stiff? I so wanted to get a back up extra stiff but it's out of stock as of now. I can agree with you that this racket is a solid performer. I actually thought it's even better than my N9II.

20. huynhvinhthang

huynhvinhthang Regular Member

I know where to get the extra stiff but I am afraid it is too much for me XD