SaarLorLUX

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Oct 30, 2018.

1. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

I am so sorry for you, Foxy. May you have great moments in the future. Happy birthday.

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

He won't need to follow Taufik's footsteps if none of us made it so. Rather than condemning him of a bad ending, why not we create something more positive exit experience for him of what he deserved after all his achievements and what he had given to the badminton fans?

Happy Birthday to you. God bless you and Lin Dan:)

Simeon, Nine Tailed Fox and stanleyfm like this.
  3. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

He won today against Toby Penty and now reached SF. The scream after winning the match point shows what that meant to him. I was sad to see him without the coach during intervals.

Martynas and azerez like this.
  4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Ren Pengbo seems to be slowing down a little in G2, not sharp

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Ren Pengbo came to this tournament straight from the World University Games where he played both the team (winning silver) and the individual (winning gold) events. Not sure if he's feeling the accumulated fatigue.

Lucas is moving faster and taking more of the initiative in G2. One game apiece, decider next

6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Good for him. He needed the win a lot more than LD.

stanleyfm and Baddie lover like this.
  7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

RPB looks tired but still have spurts of energy to finish it off in the decider.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Looking at the remaining draws, I give Subankhar Dey the edge over Ren Pengbo tomorrow and either finalists from the other half on Sunday.

9. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Honestly speaking, even the YGO are a lame show. Me and a friend need a bottle vodka and some beer, wine and champagne on each day to tolerate all the germans. We normally skip SF and F. We can't drink enough to tolerate the average german badminton fans on SF and F day. Ain't lying...true story.

10. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

what is YGO?
    Youth something?

11. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

Yonex German Open

ucantseeme likes this.
  12. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

What are you saying?. What did they do to you to hate them so much.?.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Some truth in it, whenever Lin Dan gets serious and steps it up, he almost always wins a string of points against most opponents, so, yes, if not for the lucky net cord against him at 19-20-, he could've forced deuce, and maybe we'd have a decider, then the result might be different. But, too bad, that's not the best way to save himself,in the first place, he shouldn't let the game slip to such an extent that there's no margin for error, lucky points and misjudgements included.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yeah, you're right, I should be more positive about Lin Dan, just that I can't help feeling sad and disappointed for him.

As it is, just look at the other 3 years older grandaddy , Lee Hyun Il, he's just put another young man, the 23-year-old Thammasin Sitthikom, in his place to earn himself a shot at the title of a WTS300 event. And we don't have to mention the equally famous granddaddy and perpetual rival of his, Lee CW, who the last one year or so has repeatedly upstaged him.

Frankly, I'd love to see Lin Dan when we least expected him, suddenly rise like a phoenix from the ashes, to excite us fans and stir our imagination once again for the umpteenth time. I'm afraid, that hope or dream is fast fading away as his performance is getting worse and worse with no signs of recovery. That's the harsh reality that I or we are forced to face.:)

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Compare the older players past performances to Lin Dan's. You can't produce what LD did during his much younger days without his physical body paying the price. And I don't really care of what LCW been doing to himself, defying age and overworking? Now his body is getting frail and his immune system getting much weaker. If he recovered and come back on court, will everybody criticize him for not performing as good as before his treatment and condemn his ending too?

I never expect anything more from LD. If this is his limit, then so be it. To submit to age is not a weakness.
    No, I'm sorry but I think it's the harsh reality YOU are forced to face. :)

16. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Agree
    People should stop overanalyzing LD
    We dont NEED to expect anything more from him

samkool and KB@TB Em like this.
  17. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    The germans are very biased to the german players. The crowd goes nuts when a Dieter Domke or Max Weißkirchen plays. When international top pairs are on court you can hear the fart of someone even 50m away, even when Momota entered the courts this year. You also hear stupid stuff from them all the day when you sit close to them. The commentor don't even know the flags and Indonesia becomes Poland and Japan becomes China. He also don't know the rules correctly. Instead of giving infos about the players, he says the soccer results of local clubs. Popular players across germany are Lin Dan and Carolina Marin as well. The average germans don't know many international players, just the german flag and a 233 ranked player got cheered like he is Lee Chong Wei, Peter Gade and Lin Dan in one person. Only germans get interviewed. Players leave the courts without congrats for the win, except germans. The commentar ask always stupid questions. Most people of the crowd leave the hall if they can't see any german for the day. I get really sick of this. On SF and F days it's sometimes better when the germans are out, so the crowd must cheer other players. You can't book a seat and need to be early there to get a decent seat on SF and F days. 2-4 hours before entrance inthe queue with cold conditions.

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  18. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Any link to watch live stream??

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Subankhar Dey is 25 years old already ?! I thought he's a youngster, about 20/21 the most.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Li Zhifeng coaching Ren Pengbo