Which two Chinese WS players will go to Rio?

Discussion in 'Olympics 2016 - RIO' started by pcll99, May 31, 2015.

?

Which two Chinese Women's Singles players will go to Rio?

Poll closed Jul 14, 2016.
  1. LXR

80.3%
  2. WYH

54.1%
  3. WSX

49.2%
  4. Sun Yu

4.9%
  5. HBJ

3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Actually, after Wang Yihan managed to edged out Nozomi Okuhara in the Qfs and today in the semifinals she convincingly disposed of Saina, Wang Yihan has not only increased her chances of going to Rio, her coaches would probably maintain the opinion that WYH's game is better able to deal with the foreign competitors than WSX's.

Just as well, after WYH's progress to the final at the ongoing BAC'16, I believe her Race to Rio Standing is higher than WSX's.

As for Li Xuerui, she is no doubt still CHN's best bet for Olympic gold. Her advancing to the BAC WS Final serves to reinforce her position as front-runner.

In other words, among the CHN WS dubbed the 'Three Golden Flowers', namely, Li Xuerui, Wang Yihan , and Wang Shixian, the picture has now emerged that the first two named are most likely the selectees as Rio Olympians. Not confirmed yet but the probability is high.

kelana likes this.
  2. touya

touya Regular Member

Yes, and I feel so bad for Wang Shixian.

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I would prefer WYH and WSX. They are more beautiful.
    And beautiful players play beautiful badminton.

4. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Beautiful badminton play by beautiful players, umpiring by beautiful officials and watching by beautiful audience.

nokh88 likes this.
  5. vixter

vixter Regular Member

I think you are right. Wang Shixian didn't play so well against Saina, it was like there was no confidence. It's a shame because her level in the All England championships and before was very high. But mentally. she couldn't go all the way to the title. Maybe that was the tipping point for her and as she says herself, it's probably too late now. I guess she peaked too soon. Wang Yihan's form on the other hand seems to be still on the rise still just in time for Rio,

6. highmountain

highmountain Regular Member

WYH is seen playing well in the Asian Championship, looks like her fitness and physical levets are back. If she can keep the momentum she is a better choice. She looks more energetic now, like during those times when she was no. 1. Time will only tell if she can maintain the fitness level.

7. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Li Xuerui and Wang Yihan, the China's most hopefuls to win the medals in WS.

Wang Shixian unfortunately does not pose the chance as good as both of them, or more precisely, weighs more than Wang Yihan (as Li Xuerui is a no-brainer choice among the three) in the highest competition. Lack of attacking makes it hard to flourish at the highest level.

8. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    #148 pcll99, May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
  9. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I will take further snapshots of this poll on the following dates:

1. A few days after Uber Cup 2016, around 23 or 24 May
    2. A few days after Indonesian Open 2016, around 6 or 7 June.
    3. A few days after Australian Open 2016, around 13 or 14 June.
    4. Immediately after or during Chinese Taipei 2016 (as long as LYB has not announced his decision yet), around 3 July.

This poll will probably close in early July, immediately after LYB announces his decision. It is reported that LYB will make the decision in early July.

http://sports.sohu.com/20160502/n447212786.shtml

I am assuming none of the Chinese WS players will fly to California for the US Open 2016 (from 5 to 10 July), which will be the last tournament before the seeding date of 21 July. But I must admit; if LYB does want the two selected girls to achieve no. 1 and no. 2 in world ranking and thus to be drawn into different halves, they may have to fly all the way to California. But it is a bit too early to say at this very moment.

#149 pcll99, May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
  10. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    There is no need for LXR and either one of the two Wangs to achieve No. 1 and No.2 by 21 July.

If the two achieve No. 3 and No. 4 on 21 July, they are still guaranteed to be placed at two different halves!! Well, that save them a lot of time and energy!!!

see 3.3.4.2 (c) of the regulation..

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file.aspx?id=634112&dl=1

LXR is current No.3 while WYH is No. 4. Mission accomplished!!! I don't think it would be very hard to maintain those two positions until 21 July, since there are a total of 5 Chinese WS players in top 16 who will assist LXR and WYH to stay there.

Unless WSX does something really really amazing in the Uber Cup, I believe LXR and WYH will go to Rio.

Sad for WSX.

11. onsfraaske

onsfraaske New Member

I don't think we should rule WSX out, because she showed a great performance at the Uber Cup. She beat Carolina Marin and P.V. Sindhu and Wang Yihan and Li Xuerui lost there last encounters against these players.

She didn't play well at the Asia Championships against Saina Nehwal, but it looked that she had trouble with her knee (injury from china open 2015). Really hope she gets a chance to compete at the Rio Olympics 2016, it would be so harsh if she didn't get to go a second time.

nilesh123 likes this.
  12. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    28may.jpg
    The above picture is a screen capture of our poll today.

WYH may meet Carolina or Saina in semi final in the Indonesian Open.

WSX has a easier draw in Indonesia and should be able to go all the way to Final easily. (But will LXR yield? That's the big question.)

If WYH and WSX meet in the Final, will LYB order WSX to win???

WSX also has a easier draw in Aussie Open, which will be held the week after. (Again, the only question is: will LXR yield?)

13. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    So with my vote WSX leads WYH!
    I am shocked there are peepz who haven't voted LXR :eek: even after her gradual yet significant improvement after that rough patch

14. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    You completely ignored RI and TTY:eek: Though I rank SJH at the bottom as far as the elites are concerned but still she can't be ignored either plus PVS (played nicely in UC) and NO (if I ignore her UC performance)

15. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    For RI, TTY, PVS and NO, the race to Rio is over. (Of course, one can argue that seeding is important for everybody.)

For WYH and WSX, however, the race to Rio is on home straight now.

#155 pcll99, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
  16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

True, at this moment, after the Uber Cup, the CHN coaches are having a difficult time choosing between Wang Yihan and Wang Shixian, whilst Li Xuerui is still the natural choice.

Personally, I suddenly somehow have this feeling that if possible I'd like to have He Bingjiao accompany Li Xuerui to Rio instead. And next , Sun Yu should be in the mix with WYH and WSX for equal consideration, each for their individual merits. Just saying.

Back to reality. I think, the following two tournaments, namely INA PSS and the AUS SS, should help the CHN coaches pick either WYH or WSX based on their respective performances there.

If you asked me now, I'd say WYH has the kind of game better suited to deal with the non-CHN opponents and rivals.

17. Master

Master Regular Member

WSX, SY and HBJ have been registered in Chinese Taipei Open 2016, while LXR and WYH did't.

Is it something related with WSX still to be considered as one of Olympic's player candidate?

#157 Master, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  18. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Master, is it possible for Nozomi or SJH to be ranked No. 4 by July 21?

19. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    "WYH has the kind of game better suited to deal with the non-CHN opponents and rivals."

Especially in Oly race, that's the ONLY thing that counts!!

After all what's the point if one is only good at beating the teammate??? lol

Lethality in beating the foreign rivals is the most important consideration, should be the foremost and the only consideration in Rio selection, imo!

20. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

I haven't gone and checked the results, but hasn't WXS been more consistent this year?
    If they didn't both have their own charms, then the choice would be easy.