Draw: Malaysian Open 2010

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2010' started by press100, Jan 5, 2010.

1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Not all are like what you describe.
    Some of us wants to watch an exciting high quality match between the top players. For me, whether LCW or LD wins, doesn't matter. As you can see from the recent KO results, LCW is much better than the rest and you are talking of WR#4 downwards and all his matches are in 2 straight sets. I am not saying LCW will surely win the MO, (he may lose in the first round) but at least with a stronger field, there will be more great matches and this will be good for BADMINTON.

2. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

to all u guys saying LD is not a good ambassador of the game...

thats pretty much how he spends all his spare time, promoting the game in China

and LD atm is prolly eying the last title that slipped away from him, the AG gold

tons of other players have withdrew and you guys only bitch after LD... it's sad to not be able to see him play but at least he doesnt get injured or "too tired" before getting upset early in tournaments (which nearly never happens)

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Zheng bo is not coming to mas too.

4. devince83

devince83 Regular Member

Account Executive
    I think LD is good "business" ambassador
    and LCW is good "sportmanship" ambassador..

thumbs up everyone~ :D:D:D

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I hope it's a typo..

..are you sure LD seldom comes to S.E. Asia region to play??..:confused:

#125 ctjcad, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  6. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

yo ! Ajaib, I like your post. Those Boleh fans are like that lah... just let them be. ;) We just sit aside and watch 'movie'. ;):cool:

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Eiihh, young lady..^^

..why aren't you at the stadium w/limsy?? when are you joining him?? i heard he woke up real early this morning and went to the stadium; wow, he's so rajin (diligent) ah, just for the sake of badminton!...btw, how was the birthday celebration w/ WYH??..:confused::)

8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Pls refer : http://old.internationalbadminton.org/player_info.asp?playerid=50906

To Msia, last time was WC 2007. Spore, last time was Spore SS 2007.
    INA SS, LD went last yr and 2008 TC, if individual events is alternate yr. Went for Thailand GP Gold in 2008. So, total as a region, less lor:D

And since Team China change sponsor to Li Ning, also seldom go Japan, last time=Japan SS 2007. Most often is of course China, then HK,AE, Swiss, LD will go one

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Off topic-Yes, i've checked that already..^^

..since the inception of the SS (2007), the only time LD went to S.E. Asia region only once, in a yr, was in 2009.
    The rest (dating back to pre 2007), he went at least 2x. Total as a region, less than what region?? S.E. Asia region only holds 3 SS max. in a yr. Europe region holds 4 SS a yr. Since 2005, LD has attended at least 2 tourneys in S.E. Asia.
    So question now is: How many times do you expect him to attend the S.E. Asia tourneys for him not to be classified as "seldom comes to S.E. Asia region"??..:confused:

#129 ctjcad, Jan 19, 2010
  10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Wait, 2008 ABC wasnt in Korea meh?

Participate at least 2 out of 3 of the SS, alternate yr. Now(2007 onward) LD skip 2 yrs.
    LD goes to Europe every year(AE, Swiss, stimes add France, Denmark).
    East Asia region of course is every year cos he participates in China & HK

11. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, in 2009 out of 3 SS in SEA, MO, INA O and Sing Open........he attended only INA Open, and lost to CJ in QF.........;)

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-

- Was the BAC in Korea?? Check the 2008 Tournaments section.
    - LD did participate in 2 SS held in S.E. Asia in 2007. 2008 was an OG yr, prep. time for him, so understandable. In 2009, only the INA Open SS.
    Besides the SS, you gotta admit he attends a tourney in S.E. Asia twice a yr. at least til 2009.
    So, if one wanna say LD "seldoms come to S.E. Asia for tourney", one can only say since 2009 (last yr).
    - For Europe, let's see: 5x in 2007, 2x in 2008 (OG yr), 3x in 2009. All combined SS or GP tourneys.

#132 ctjcad, Jan 19, 2010
  13. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    With those last minute withdrawal, PG [4] is the only seeded player in the bottom half while LCW [1], TH [3], CJ [5] and BCL [8] are fighting for a place in the finals.

Who to blame? Sad and discouraging...

14. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I am disappointed for LD not coming to Malaysia because there is no LCW vs LD fight. I personally would prefer LCW to win (You will know this unless you're an idiot) but I am used to seeing LCW getting beaten so I personally wouldn't mind if LD won his first MO here. However, all he is doing is being inconsiderate and turning down his fans from Malaysia. You refer to all of the boleh fans as those who think LCW will always beat LD on home ground and just want to increase the H2H record, but this could not be farther from the truth for at least half of us. All we want is to see a clash between the number one and the two (Think of it as world ranking or power ranking, up to you.) :)
    . Besides, do you think LCW will have a 100% chance of increasing his H2H record? LD has a very fair chance, if not better than LCW.
    Only a few had said that LD was scared, but I doubt so. Probably just inconvenient, which makes me pissed that he put his name in the first place. To sum it all up, I am disappointed in LD.

#134 undeadshot, Jan 19, 2010
  15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

OT:
    Chris sure likes to ask questions, not only in this thread, but also in other threads ;)

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

BAC 2008 was held in MAS :) BAC 2009 was held in Korea.

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Strange though....as far as I can see, the Boleh-fans (and what a word to describe the MAS fans) are pretty much restrained in their responses so far (okay...except maybe for X-Ball, but he is an exception :p). The ones who have been very vocal about Lin Dan's absence are not even from Malaysia. fastdrop is from Philippines and ye333 is a Chinese living in the US.

I would think that it will be very unfair to the core of the MAS fans to brand them as being overconfident, drumming up of LCW's chance against Lin Dan, playing down Lin Dan's chance when he faces LCW next, claims that Lin Dan is afraid of LCW, etc etc.

In fact, I have observed that because of the many disappointments they have encountered so far, especially due to LCW and Koo/Tan's underperformance in most major tourneys in the past 3 years, they have been pretty realistic of their chances in the tourneys. Certainly not as brash as some other fans :cool:

18. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Thank you. I totally agree with you. :)

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well, I really don't know what to say when such a post can be considered "likeable" :eek:

Such is the reputation of Boleh-fans that a Malaysian (but supporting China players) also have that biased view against her fellow country-mates.

I really feel for the core of the MAS fans here....

20. pwong

pwong Regular Member

LD absent has resulted many dissappointment to all. I have bought the tickets along with a group of colleagues to watch LCW & LD match. I love both LCW and LD and I have no favourite as who to win. Both has shown us what badminton is all about...
    Nevertheless, LD withdrawal has make all the fans in M'sia, .... to wait for another miracle.
    When will LCW vs LD will ever going to happen, in M'sia soil?