Draw: Malaysian Open 2010

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2010' started by press100, Jan 5, 2010.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Absolutely..

- Asking questions is better than to guess or assume, correct?
    - Asking questions is a way to get clarifications, correct?
    - Asking questions is another way of indirectly pulling an answer from the other person.
    - Asking questions can show prove/disprove your/the other person's point of view.
    ;):cool:

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

But not all questions will be answered though :p

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Yep..

..i know not all questions will be answered because:
    a. The other person just doesn't know the answer.
    b. The other person knows the answer but refuses to answer the question because afraid of giving the wrong response.
    c. The other person knows the answer but refuses to answer the question because s/he knows the answer disproves his/her point of view.
    d. The questions are not clear but the other person refuses to ask for a clarification.
    e. The other person simply refuses to reply back.
    ;):cool:

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

It's always very tough be a malaysia player and malaysia fans though..
    ya know:(

5. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Question1: Which one is more prestigious, the AE or MO?

6. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Looking at a few here who had their undergarments in knots, I better reserve my comments :p

7. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Roger Federer is a legend in tennis. Agree?
    Do you see the man coming to play in any Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck tourneys? I mean there is a coming tennis tournament in my kampong i.e. Kejohanan Tenis Piala Ali bin Baba, do you see the man coming and play there?
    A legend like Roger plays only in the big tourneys.

Micheal Schumacher is a legend when it comes to F1. Agree?
    Do you see the guy racing amongst the Mat Rempits in the streets of KL?

Allow me to repeat again ... LD, at this stage of his career can afford to be selective.

8. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Answer1 :All-England.

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Too bad though...the Malaysia SS (which is supposedly a SS tourney) is being branded a "Mickey-Mouse" Tourney. No wonder even INA players skip it :p

The last time I checked Roger Federer not only participated in the Grand Slams and the Masters Series tourneys, at least not for 2007-2009. He also participated in the World Tour 250 and 500 Tourneys (which are equivalent to the GP & GP Gold of Badminton).

In fact, Roger went to Melbourne fresh from being defeated by Nikolay Davydenko in Doha (which is a World Tour 250 Event)...but obviously, Doha holds more appeal than KL ;)

Roger also competed in Dubai, Basel (both are World Tour 500 Events, equiv to GPG Events); Halle and Estoril (both are World Tour 250 Events). No doubt also, KL pales in comparison to even Hale & Estoril.

No wonder Tennis is more prominent and successful than Badminton because there are still great sportsman like Roger Federer who still take his time to compete in lower level tourneys. Roger participated in at least 16 Events last year...more than Lee Chong Wei did.

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^How come you know more abt tennis??..^^

..i thought you are a badminton maniac??..:confused:

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

just realised that the md pair of wijaya/saputra is coming...

last year in thw ws category, i remember zhang bei wen is here though.

12. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Coming away with a great win in the KO, LCW is again pitted against the same players he beat convincingly in the KO. I expected LD to show up to drive the excitement but I guess the only excitement we will get is the 'mean machine' LCW. In his present form, he is unbeatable...... repeat, unbeatable!

What the hell has happened to LD? I don't think he is scared of LCW - if anything, I think the Chinese are showing some disrespect by not turning up. Not that I will complain too much as it will be good to see LCW win his umpteenth MO.

Who will challenge LCW in this MO then............can't think of anyone and that is the bloody truth. :) I predict it will be a scintillating year for LCW.

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^There are plenty of challengers for LCW..^^

..esp. in the upper half, starting in the 1st round.
    The big question though, can his challengers knock him off and disappoint X Ball even more??..:confused:;)

14. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Pity you try to raise some doubts but is doubtful yourself. Classic case of a useless post.:D

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well, u might be surprised :p

I can list down other lower-level tourneys that Roger Federer had competed in. That included Bangkok in 2004 & 2005. Hopefully that answered the question of whether a great player such as Roger Federer will only compete in the Grand Slams and the Masters Series events. The answer is NO!

#155 badMania, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Sure lah, Fastdrop fly all the way from Philipines to watch. But this time no response from our pjswift, maybe she & Jen not coming so dont care, haha.

Your last line, yup, I hinted as such earlier but wait they will say it's boleh fan response .:D

17. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Off topic but ...

Lets not be naived and conclude tennis is more prominent and successful than badminton because of certain personalities. I would say sports like tennis, football, basketball, rugby, track n field etc are more prominent and successful because they are dominated by Europeans/Americans or simply put the western nations. As such, they are able to generate the big sponsors like Nike, Adidas, Canterbury, Lacoste, Puma, Umbro which can only mean more money in the game. If ... lets just say if tennis today is mainly dominated by China, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia etc ... do you think the prize money will be just as big? I mean if today the MS WR#1 in tennis is not Roger Federer but a Wong Ah Kow from Kampong Bercham, Ipoh, Malaysia ... would sponsors such as Rolex, Tag Heuer, Nike, Gillete, Mercedes Benz splash out USD millions to have Wong Ah Kow from Kampong Bercham endorse their products??? ;)

Ohhh RF took part in 16 events last year ... oh dear thats a lot of travelling, flying time and playing under various conditions/climate etc. Hmmm ... good ol' Roger, didnt hear him whining about exhaustion etc.

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I'm not being doubtful nor trying to raise some doubts..

..that's just a question for any of LCW's challengers to answer. And yes, they are the only ones to prove they can knock off DLCW, not me.;)

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

OT here...

The last time I heard, tennis players (men & female)....top players, mid-table players, around the world are COMPLAINING about the hectic schedules they have to compete in and asking for a longer winter break. Certainly, the hectic schedules in Tennis have caused serious injuries to players like Rafael Nadal.

Some are even pushing for the Australian Open to be delayed till February :cool:

Top badminton players are blessed to only have the 12 SS events+the WC (or Olympics)+1 Team Event as the one to aim for every year.

Quotes from Andy Roddick:
    It’s ridiculous to think that you have a professional sport that doesn’t have a legitimate off-season to rest, get healthy and then train,” Roddick said. “We finish around 30 November and have to be pretty much Grand Slam-ready by 4 January, year after year after year.”

This week’s Shanghai Masters will not feature Federer, who claims he is exhausted from a gruelling year, or Murray, who aggravated a wrist injury playing David Cup tennis four days after the US Open while Nadal has seen injuries blight his season and has not made a final in five months.
    Juan Martin del Potro, who beat Federer to claim the US Open title, also blamed exhaustion for defeat last week to the world No 189. The same day Roddick fell to a player outside the top 140.

“We’ve been saying for a long time that it’s tough to compete 11 months a year, yet we actually end up finishing the season a little bit later now,”

20. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

As long as there is no LD, LCW will probably go longer without injuries - that I know.