ZYMAX 67 vs BG66 ultimax vs Nanogy 98

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by jamiec269, Feb 11, 2011.

1. jamiec269

jamiec269 Regular Member

Just want to get some comments on these 3 types of strings, please give your view if you have used one of these strings

Thank You

Jamie

2. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    I had Zymax 67, in one of my racquets, strung at 28lbs, and I wasn't a big fan. It broke pretty quickly and it didn't keep tension as well as NG98 that I had in another racquet at 32lbs. NG98 stayed very tight for about 3 months, on the 4th month there was lots of wear beginning to show, the tension dropped and then the string snapped.
    What tension are you planning to use?

3. jamiec269

jamiec269 Regular Member

Hi

Thanks for sharing, I am a stringer, so want to get some review from the market

I tried the NG98 on 28lbs, and Zymax 67 on the same, I prefer the NG98, but looking on all the reviews, it seems that a lot people say zymax is a lot better than NG98, so I'm not sure which one to invest on hahaha

and also the BG66 Ultimax does have better specs than NG98, power 10, control 10 and hitting sound 10, I have just ordered a few packs to try out myself

keeping your NG98 32lbs for 4 months is very impressive, I used to have BG66, string at 28lbs, snapped within a month, and both are the same guage as well

I think the ZYMAX is out of my list now, so still deciding on the NG98 or BG66 Ultimax :)

4. druss

druss Regular Member

haven't tried the 66U yet but also plan on ordering some soon. I like the 98 and the Z67 is a decent string for the price since the spool cost works out to about $5-$6 a racket. If performance is the only issue then yes the 66 and 98 perform better. but the z67 is a good string at a cost of the BG 80/85

5. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I tested the BG66 Ultimax recently and think it's a brilliant string. I've just about tested all the Yonex strings and Zymax.

I'm about to test Li Ning string to see how that compares. Overall, I've not come across a string that's as good as Yonex strings although admit that this is purely a personal preference.

We're all different and have different likes/dislikes. Otherwise, we'd play with the same racquet, with the same string and tension. What suits me doesn't always suit another.

Whilst Zymax string is good, I haven't found it to be as good as the hype. I had far more string movement with Zymax compared to Yonex.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

6. PopsiclePete

PopsiclePete Regular Member

Zymax is known to move around, but it's a great string for the price, but like you I prefer the feel of the Yonex strings

7. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
  8. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

BG66 Ultimax is best in terms of feel. NG98 is best in the durability department. Z67/Z62 is neither the best in feel nor the most durable when compared to BG66 Ultimax and NG98 (but these trio are amongst the best strings available in the market today! Price-wise? Go figure;).

#8 RSLvictorSOTX, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  9. monticore

monticore Regular Member

hmm ultimax seems tempting at that price thats half price of mybadminton.com which i thought had good prices. regular bg 66 is more expensive there.
    ng98 comes to 7.30cad.

shipping seems reasonable as well.

4 bucks .

10. monticore

monticore Regular Member

comes out 92 canadian for a reel after they remove the vat and exchange i had to grab 1. lol i assume stringersworld is legit .

cory

11. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    It's perfectly legit. I think there's a thread somewhere in this forum about the site. I bought from them before and they have good customer service as well. The only downside for me is that it's based in UK and hence the delivery time. I waited for about close to 4 weeks to receive my order here in Canada! I find that the customs here in Canada are taking much longer than in the past to inspect incoming items!

12. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
  13. monticore

monticore Regular Member

yeah i know i bought a few Uk items some i paid duty, some i didn't but they took longer than they do from asia. i am not in any real rush just thought the price was too good . i don't plan on carrying many strings , bg65,bg66,zymax 67, victor vs850, and bg um should cover what the local kids need/want they probably care more about color than the string itself. the bgum will be fore me mostly.

one question though does string good bad in packages or spools over time? would a spools till be good next year?

cory

14. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I have BG 66 Ultimax on my SW35, NBG 98 on my AT50 and Zymax67 on my SP22. All @ 24lbs

NBG98 is too slippery and soft but decent Power. Never again.
    Zymax67 has a good amount of power and touch. A good string.
    BG 66 Ultimax huge repulsion and power, great control, amazing sound. Most powerful. An advice from a friend who has a local store.

If you are looking for control and power the BG66 Ultimax is the string. The Zymax is not as powerful but is very good if you cut alot.

15. jamiec269

jamiec269 Regular Member

thanks for your comment

i do agree that 66um gives the most power, really like it, im suggesting this string to my customer ;)

16. druss

druss Regular Member

I've just started to use 66UM and I think it's going to be my default string from now on. I already ordered 1 200m reel from stringers world but am going to order another.

I've tried the following:

BG65
    BG66
    BG66M
    BG66UM
    BG70 Pro
    BG80
    BG85
    BG98
    Ashaway MP
    Zymax 67
    Zymax 62

I actually love the Zymax 62 while it lasts....

17. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)
    Druss (or anyone),

I had two Carlton airblades strung with Zymax 62 at 23lbs and broke both within a matter of hours (24lbs is my usual tension). The Zymax 62 is my only experience with a ultra-thin guage but its lack of durability has put me off using thin strings all together. Despite really enjoying the performance of the Zymax 62 I've since resigned myself to using the BG65ti. The thinest string I have used since then is the BG80 but I would really love to try the BG66 Ultimax. I never tried the normal BG66 and according to Stringers' World is no longer available here in the UK.

Q: Would you say the BG66 Ultimax (0.65mm) is a more durable string than the Zymax 62 or am I better off sticking with the BG65ti?

I've recently joined a new club and the coach there is a top-quality stringer so getting my racket(s) restrung is no longer a hassle unlike previously.

#17 allyjack110, May 1, 2011
    Last edited: May 1, 2011
  18. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

I'm currently playing with BG66UM I have been recording the amount of time I am using the strings.
    so far about 23 hours I play 2 times a week and this is since the 26/3/11

19. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)
    Thanks. At what tension? I usually have my rackets strung no higher than 24lbs.

20. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

My racket is strung at 24lbs