Zhao Jian Hua

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by azmi, Nov 28, 2002.

1. azmi

azmi Regular Member

accountant
    Anyone knows where or what he is doing now ? Some years ago I heard he was in Singapore, coaching as well representing the republic.

He produced his best ever performance in one of the All England finals in the late 80's outclassing Joko Suprianto of Indonesia making Joko looked like a novice.

I say he should be there - "Badminton Hall of All Time Great", if there is any recognition as such.

2. ljq

ljq Regular Member

Selling chicken rice? Dunno, that's what my mother's friend said, probably just a joke.

Last i heard, he was a newsperson, or is it? Think so. Still coaching though.

3. Lefty

Lefty Regular Member

Sales
    I think he is running business with Yang Yang. You can see his picture in brand Yang Yang's website.

4. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

While it's true Zhao is running a chicken rice franchise

I hope it is not taken to be demeaning as it is only a sideline.

It is very common fr yg people in Asia to have many ventures whilst young,

it's called entrepreuneurship (?).

Yang Yang is filthy rich and is doing nothing else other than touring China and

promoting the sport and his equipment. some have really made it albeit a minority.

5. Lefty

Lefty Regular Member

Sales
    Does anyone knows if Zhao Jian Hua still coach in Singapore? I will be visiting Singapore next week, if he is there, I'll do anything to get a lesson from him.

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Zhao Jian Hua is a familiar figure among the badminton fraternity in Singapore. He has resided in Singapore for many years now and apart from coaching the National Team, off and on, and representing Singapore once in the Thomas Cup preliminaries, he also works as a real estate agent. Together with two other well-know national and ex-national players, Patrick Lau (Doubles) and Wong Shoon Keat (ex-SEA Games Singles Champion beating even the mighty Indonesian), Zhao recently invested in a business selling chicken rice, which is supposedly a Singaporean creation and speciality. Yes, from time to time, he is also a TV badminton commentator (in Mandarin) for big events held in Singapore especially.

Zhao plays social badminton nowadays and is a member of the badminton-strong Chinese Swimming Club, where, I believe he can be contacted. Obviously, the Singapore Badminton Association is another good source. I must confess that I am not in contact or play badminton with Zhao but obtained these info through the grapevine. I'm sure there are other Singaporeans from this Forum who may be able to assist you.

#6 Loh, Dec 3, 2002
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2002