Zhao Jian Hua

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by YY Fan, Mar 5, 2002.

1. YY Fan

YY Fan Regular Member

Sales
    Dear all,

Does anyone know the recent comfort of the former men's singles winner of World Champion Zhao Jian Hua from China ?

I am his fan, though he was retired several years ago.

Anyone knows please post your information here.

Thank you a lot.

2. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    As far as I know,

He still is the National men's single's coach together with Mulyo Handoyo in Singapore.

Last saw him at last year's Singapore Open.

3. YY Fan

YY Fan Regular Member

Sales
    Dear Gladius,

Thank you so much for your valuable information.

YY Fan

4. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Oh Don't mention it. I'm a long time fan of his too. Really miss the deceptive magic he weaved and the blistering cross-court chop smashes he did.

Still haven't seen anyone come close since.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    last i read in www.chinabadminton.com, Zhao will be retiring as a coach next month. SBA ran out of funding for him. Zhao has been a coach for the SBA part-time.

6. Terence

Terence Guest

im a once a big big fan and admirer of him,but now i really despise him.

in jan 2001,he said that he will never coach singapore...cause he find that the singapore national standard could not even match the standard of any single province in china.Then later he sign the contract on and undisclosed fee...

ofcourse ran out of fund...SBA have to pay a few thousand to pay him just to coach PART TIME.

He is a disappointment because he is just like the rest of the chinese...money sucker!!!

7. Terence

Terence Guest

Re: Zhao Jian Hua(Disappointment)

im a once a big big fan and admirer of him,but now i really despise him.

in jan 2001,he said that he will never coach singapore...cause he find that the singapore national standard could not even match the standard of any single province in china.Then later he sign the contract on and undisclosed fee...

ofcourse ran out of fund...SBA have to pay a few thousand to pay him just to coach PART TIME.

He is a disappointment because he is just like the rest of the chinese...money sucker!!!

8. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Strange, that's what a lot of Msian public

think of their Chinese coaches too.

In Msia local people coach or volunteer their services for free

to promote the sport,so if anyone asks for money they think

differently of them.

9. kk

kk Guest

I don't see anything wrong with it though. It's only human to do so. Moreover he has a family to support (his son is only around 3 yrs old), and the company he's working in isn't paying him that much.

If you think he went back on his word, then all those who play for another country after claiming to have retired should be despised too. Why is it that we can symphatise that they are doing it for their own future, yet blame others who do basically the same thing?

10. WYM

WYM Guest

I think he is selling property in S'pore as well.

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker

"He is a disappointment because he is just like the rest of the chinese...money sucker!!!"

1) More than 90% of S'poreans are of ethnic Chinese origin.

2) There was a common joke a few years ago about the criteria needed to attract S'porean girls. One needed the 5 "C's". It described how materialistic they were.

3) Michael Jordan said he would retire, then went back on his decision.

4) What's wrong with signing a contract? Isn't it legal and within moral grounds? Far better than extortion, drug smuggling etc.....

I'm confused......:(

12. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer

Should a national squad coach work for peanuts, you mean?

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu

In comparison to the sports of basketball, baseball, football, soccer, hockey, skating, etc, Zhao is being paid peanuts.

14. Fan

Fan Guest

Is Terence going to pay for Zhao's electricak bills and other bills, if Zhao is not paid for coaching?

15. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Us $2000 per month on a 3 day week basis.

16. Re: Zhao Jian Hua(Disappointment)

I'm Totally Argeed with kk!

17. YY Fan

YY Fan Regular Member

Sales
    Re: Zhao Jian Hua (Great Star)

Terrence,

According to your wording, I believe your are a radical and subjective guy. You despise not only Zhao, but also all Chinese !

Is there any wrong with earning a living by teaching badminton ? As the principle, the harder you work, the more you earn. I don't see any your so-called problem if a person work hard to earn one's living.

How can you say Zhao is grabbing money ? Do you have any evidence ? Zhao signed an contract with the Singaporean Gov't, it is a mutual-agreed contract, both sides had agreed on the offer and acceptance terms, it is a legal agreement at all ! Zhao received a fixed sum of income, then how can you say he is grabbing money from others, as long as the Singaporean Gov't is willing to sign contract with Zhao.

To my analysis, it is highly likely you are a guy just enjoying the fruit of others - get what you want without paying compensation, you surely only a free-rider in your society !

Do you have to work ? If you say getting reward from one's work is wrong, don't get your income from your employer right now, Terrence you guy !

Terrence, I really feel you are not only radical, but also dangerous - by judging your ridiculous philosophy, you better change your name to "Terrorist" !!! Have a treatment from any psychological doctor right now !!!

18. Fan

Fan Guest

YY Fan,

Excellent!!!!!!! Terrance The terrorist should be ashamed and have nose job or skin color change.

19. Fan

Fan Guest

It is a great honor of Zhao Jian Huan to transfer his great skill and get paid for it. I don't think Zhao is adequately paid. Terrance should get some of his own money to top it up.

20. Re: Zhao Jian Hua(Disappointment)

Terence,

Have you told your emplyer that you want to work for free yet? Are you ready ready to eat @!#$?