ZForce 2 Grommet Strip Removal

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by baronspill, Aug 5, 2021.

1. baronspill

baronspill Regular Member

Does anyone have any experience in removing the grommet strips from a Z force 2 racquet or similar?

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. DKCPH2018

DKCPH2018 Regular Member

I have done that on my ZF2 3U G4. You can feel the difference in the head weight for sure but also the racket does not feel very stiff if you remove the grommet strips in the bottom half. This is of course only my personal opinion.

I also tried this with my Voltric 80 Etune 3U G4 but it did not feel good to play with. Felt weird cannot explain beyond that.

3. baronspill

baronspill Regular Member

My bad, I didn't phrase the question well. I'm restringing the racquet.

I meant how do you remove the grommet strips? (Without damaging the racquet)

Most of the eyelets are broken. I have a replacement set of grommets specifically for the ZFII

4. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Push out one of the first ones and then pull out with pliers, good to have a grommet grinder, if you don't have one maybe a wood screw would work. When you put the grommet strips in I use an awl to guide the grommet in. Its pretty similar to doing tennis grommet strips but shorter.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

baronspill likes this.