youth

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by snoeck, Dec 12, 1999.

1. snoeck

snoeck Guest

<html>Hello,<br>I have a question. My daughter is 9 years old and she loves to play badminton. What is the frequency of training ?<br>At this moment she plays 3 times 1,5 hours a week.Is this OK<br>or not ?
    </html>

2. viver

viver Regular Member

<html>: Hello,<br>: I have a question. My daughter is 9 years old and she loves to play badminton. What is the frequency of training ?<br>: At this moment she plays 3 times 1,5 hours a week.Is this OK<br>: or not ?<p>Hi,<br>I think the most important thing right now is to keep her interested in playing badminton. If she does not find 1H30 enough she may ask you for more. And if you are plans for her to become a future professional player probably the best for her now is train her body coordination as it will have a great impact in future.<br>Regards,<p>Viver<br>
    </html>

3. tom j.

tom j. Guest

<html>: Hello,<br>: I have a question. My daughter is 9 years old and she loves to play badminton. What is the frequency of training ?<br>: At this moment she plays 3 times 1,5 hours a week.Is this OK<br>: or not ?<br>I too have a 9-year-old daughter - 3rd of 4. I can not emphasize too strongly the need to let children PACE THEMSELVES for practice and involvement in the sport. Without a doubt her priorites and interests will change with age - just enjoy her with minimum push! I have seen too many kids get pushed so much it becomes a chore - and then you've lost them forever to the sport. But others who set their own pace have continued with it to adulthood, even if they choose a year or two hiatus. Remember, the reason she plays may not be the most obvious. <p> <br>
    </html>