Yonex VT80 vs Victor MX80

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Triptens, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Triptens

Triptens Regular Member

Pretty on an even keel huh, it would seem? Well I guess, it all boils down to more court time and then some more...that's the way it is;).

2. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    We just want to be like our big spending American cousins ;)

3. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Hah lol. Well, I usually just sell my rackets on to club members after I've tested them, so it's not too bad. As long as I keep them in pristine condition, they don't usually mind that they're used. They are playing with me on court most of the time anyway lol.

4. CanadianBadmint

CanadianBadmint Regular Member

Student
    I must say after trying out my friends VT80 that it packs one massive punch! Heavy smash's were so easy to do and it was very consistent. But in my opinion, the defense is a bit lacking. It's rather slow, especially in doubles but hey, maybe thats just me as I like mid balance rackets and I'm coming off of a nanospeed 9900.

As for MX80...I again tried it out from another friend. And this racket is soooo good. Its fast and just as powerful as the vt80 albeit slightly less consistant but it's also a lot less demanding. So MX80 is going to be my next purchase for sure.

5. Triptens

Triptens Regular Member

Just getting better and better. Proponents of VT80 and MX80 are almost neck and neck. The baddy community seems to point at either racket acquired got sold in the the process of acquiring the other and vice versa, cool! Well, that can only mean that badders are enthusiastic about their baddy, techniques and equipments suitability. Way to go!

6. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I can see that in the VT80 thread people are still debating about the suitability of VT80. OTOH the MX80 thread is full of praises and satisfaction towards their new racket. So my general verdict goes to MX80 is better than VT80. Sorry Yonex

7. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

In my opinion, all I can say is that "super head heavy" rackets are less popular on this particular badminton forum, in terms of who bothers to make a post hehe.

And there's not really a debate about the suitability of the VT80 - it was concluded long ago, even by Yonex themselves - in a nutshell, the VT80 is best for Advanced level (or above) players who like it head heavy.

8. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

When a car magazine choose "the best car of the year" they don't just look at how powerful or how fast the car can go, rather they have 40 or so things to consider, I rest my case :)

#228 Yoppy, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  9. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

VT80 is just the best head heavy racket, nothing more. Even that I predict won't last long, just wait for Li Ning to come up with an answer

10. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    That doesn't surprise me in the slightest. MX80 is probably the best all round racket in the world. The VT80 is one of the best aggressive based rackets. Naturally, an all rounder is going to cater to more of the market than one focused on mainly aggressive or advanced play.

Even when I first switched from the MX80 to the VT80, took me a good few sessions/weeks to actually adjust. Even an injury in-between lol. I doubt many would put up with such a adaption period, nor should they want to. But those who do, I think will find the VT80 to be an extremely powerful tool, capable of harnessing a lot more raw power from a player than they'd have initially guessed was in them.

11. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant

bro,
    i ve mentioned b4
    among 10 buying vt80 then 9 oe 8 are selling out, due to over demanding...racket too heavy , here u can see how powerful human like lcw too handle it and normal human not capable...i begin to thk lcw is some sort develp into x-men
    the only guy from buysell who wanna sell also bcoz u got 3pcs mx80 on this bag so wanna cut down one pc..

12. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

And your complementary free Victor t-shirt :p

[​IMG]

13. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

That's exactly right. Also, there are many other reasons than unsuitability for more VT80's being on sale on this particular forum.

One of the big reasons could be that for every 1 MX80 bought, 20 VT80's are bought. You have to admit that the VT80 was made much more appealing (whether or not this is justified) due to the All England 2011 success.

14. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

And this comes in a same package on your VT80 delivery. Lookie lookie mom....i can fly and do jump smash now :D

Attached Files:

15. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Hehe Yoppy, that cracked me up. You should put a picture of Lee Chong Wei or Mathias Boe doing a jump-smash with that uniform on hehe.

16. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Just because MX80 is less head heavy does not mean is less advance or agressive than VT80. MX80 is very stiff, and not everyone can use it too. I think its more agressive than VT80, it really depends how you interpret the word "agressive". On that note, I have seen so far 3 beginers using VT80 in our club, and thats funny how they say how good VT80 is for them.

On the issue of adaptation, I think lately (in the past 4 weeks or so) there is confusion regarding this. There is a big difference between adapting and physical conditioning. IMO adapting/adjusting is a way of my self getting to know the racket to a point where:
    1. we know exactly the character and
    2. can expect/measure its performance and
    3. finally able to perform ussual play using it.

For most of us we wont have any problem adjusting, there should not be much special treatment or physical conditioning in adjusting to a head heavy racket as compare to adjusting to a stiffer or head light racket. I play badminton for 24 yrs since I was 8 yrs old and have used the old steel rackets, and Im sure many of us have used it too. Hence we should be able to play our normal game using a technology advance VT80, no problem. Many of us also have used AT700 AT900 or N90 or etc (all head heavy rackets) in the past, so I cant see why we can not adjust

Physical conditioning on the other hand is in a way forcing our self to meet the racket full potential. Now let me ask, do I want to be a player like the racket intend to? My answer will be: NO. Maybe I will say yes only if this physical conditioning is truely part of our normal/best training rutine.

Now, its the tricky one, for example if one can not perform the same way as he/she normaly would, what should he/she do? Train harder? Do a special training just on a particular section? or Just keep playing with it? and if so how long is the time frame without risking injury?

My suggestion will be:

1. Lets make a judgement of our style. Im personally like to think myself as a decent front man on the doubles who also can smash well. So in short, I dont need a head heavy racket.
    2. How much benefit (compare to disadvantages) this new racket give or take?

I think the answer to that can help us decide whether we should put more efford to adjust

Im not saying that one should stick to one style and one racket forever. Technique, strength, speed and timing, control, tactic etc etc should be developed under our normal/best training regime, and as we get better/worse then we can find a new racket which match with that improvement. Im also not saying that as we get better we should go for more head heavy racket. We can get better in particular area which does not require head heavy racket for example.

Just my 2 cents

#237 Yoppy, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  17. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Damn....yes I should LOL

18. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Certainly the people who found/find the AT700, AT900P or N90 rackets great to play with will very likely find the VT80 excellent to play with too. However, people who disliked/dislike those rackets will also probably dislike the VT80 (although I think the VT80 is more "user friendly" than at least the AT700). When I first tried the AT700, I disliked it completely - I'd never used such a head heavy racket before. However, after a few games, I started appreciating it much more.

But yes, at "amateur" level, I think it's important to just enjoy your badminton. If you aren't enjoying it, then it doesn't matter which racket you use. Happily, I'm enjoying my badminton as much as ever with the 3U VT80, both in doubles and singles play.

19. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Even for the pros also no need for them to change racket if it will change their performance. Pure example is the decline of Boe/Mogensen since they switched to VT, or the raise of LCW since he switched to VT80