Yonex VT80 vs Victor MX80

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Triptens, Mar 1, 2011.

1. jump-smash

jump-smash Regular Member

Sales Manager
    I would suggest SW35 for age 18 ~ 28 ( or VT80)
    SW36 for age 29 ~ 35 (or VT70)
    and SW37 for age 36 and above

where are you at Naim ??? hahaha LOL

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Or perhaps each of us could chip in to Naim's paypal acct so that he can have roast chicken and salad everyday, instead of porridge and oat bars! :p

I mean, what was he thinking? How's he gonna get any energy to play with a vt80 after eating porridge?! :D

3. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Haha I'm only 25, so VT80 is still good for me :p

I don't think it was the string tension. I think it may have just been me. A bad day perhaps, who knows. It was awfully hot in the gym today, maybe that's why everyone was playing worse than normal. Even my shuttles weren't lasting nearly as long as they usually do. Just couldn't explain it.

On a side note, maybe that's why I was also finding it harder. Slower worn feathers mean you have to hit much harder to get the same speed, maybe I was exhausting energy on busted shuttles lol.

#203 Naim.F.C, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
  4. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Haha! You guys crack me up! :p :D

But honestly, porridge clearly is not a good last minute substitute for breakfast and lunch. I'm all for the PayPal idea! Roast Chicken ahoy! :D

5. jump-smash

jump-smash Regular Member

Sales Manager
    @naim
    you should drink milk (low-fat is better) plus honey for extra energy
    and try to eat banana too, it's good for you

but you don't really need them because you're only 25
    you're in your prime / peak season ... LOL

@visor
    yeah I think porridge is good for diet
    not good for sport that require a lot of energy

6. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Yea, usually I have wheetabix with honey and banana. Today I was out of all three! And definitely not in my prime aged 25 lol. Back in the day aged 18-21 I could do drills on a punch bag non stop for minutes on end, jog miles at a time, push serious weights and used to train every other day. These days I'm over weight, no longer as muscly and much lazier! Lol.

7. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

To me, sounds like you just need to work on technique mate!

8. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    You need to eat properly. You never hear pros eating porridge for their pre-game meal

9. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    I know I know lol. It's all I had left. I'll hit the super market tomorrow and stock up. My other half is coming to stay round mine tomorrow so I'm sure she'll feed me well any way! :p

10. Triptens

Triptens Regular Member

Looks like more testing is needed;).

11. avengers88

avengers88 Regular Member

Yeah naim, no worries because I think u r probably just lacking of energy. Food is a very important source of energy so if u wan to play well, got to eat well as well. However, dun eat too much too like an hour before game because it is gonna make u feel like puking. Lol. Learnt from my experience, but sometimes u have no choice when ur other half comes and say, come on eat more u need more energy before game and u ended up over eating an feels like crap. After that, u will just feel like playing a relaxful game and not attacking too much lol.

12. Triptens

Triptens Regular Member

Moderators, a poll for these 2 flavor of the moment rackets, please? Thanks.

13. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

A poll would be interesting, but they are actually 2 completely different rackets. The VT80 is much more head heavy. It would be better to compare the MX80 with something that has a similar spec.

14. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Jesus Naim, sometimes you just have a bad day, fullstop! I actually ride my bike to and from where I play, and I can literally tell what sort of a night I'm going to have depending on how the ride in is. If I feel strong and limber on the ride in, I play well. If I struggle with the ride in, I usually play badly. Sometimes, it just all goes to poo for no good reason. It's not the rackets' fault ;)

And Porridge/Oats is great. Low GI, sustained energy release, it's one of the 20 'Superfoods'. Don't listen to these guys - they're all from SE Asia and put a Jumper on when it's 25 degrees outside so what would they know about Porridge? :D

And I second NO poll comparing the VT80 and MX80. Two completely different rackets. Plus, polls are dumb, unless they're deliberately dumb so they're funny.

15. Triptens

Triptens Regular Member

Easy tiger, easy...

16. Triptens

Triptens Regular Member

Apparently 2 different beasts that are going strong day by day. Whether the Mx80 or VT80 ends as one of the all-time best sellers remains to be seen but both certainly has the potential.

17. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Triptens, the Thread Killer.

18. Triptens

Triptens Regular Member

Why would you say such a thing?

19. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    So only had one hour of sleep today. Was falling asleep just on route to our games but had a 3 hour session! Anyway, once on court, the VT80 just wasn't melding with me. Felt like I couldn't get enough speed and distance with it. Was missing those quick reaction defence shots and some easy placement. About half an hour in, I switched to the MX80.

Instantaneous gratification. Immediate precision, speed power and control. I was hitting back with lightning reflex and commanded better control with angles and shot placement. On the downside, though the racket is immensely powerful, you get more returned shots from people defending against your smashes than you do with the VT80 at full strength and energy levels. But aside from that, the MX80 just dominates. Most notably in defence and in drives, it's just phenomenal.

Reminded me why I shouldn't be so quick to make the VT80 my new go to racket.

Anyway, I now have a MX80 3UG4 (other is a G5, Yonex equivalents) and a 3U4G VT80, and in a few days a 4UG4 T80. Will be comparing them all. I'm tempted to switch back to the MX80 as my go to racket. Might just string my new 3UG4 at 25lbs mains and 27lbs crosses (Victor 80 grommet pattern) instead of the same 24lbs by 26lbs I did last time.

20. Polaroid

Polaroid Regular Member

Student
    So much money to spend huh? xD