Yonex vs Li Ning vs Victor: Will sponsorship within badminton affect brand choice?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by cvincecvince, Aug 7, 2010.

1. cvincecvince

cvincecvince New Member

Student
    As you all probably know, a while ago Yonex lost their sponsorship rights to China and Korea, losing out to Li Ning and Victor respectively. Also many sponsoring rights to various super series events on the badminton calendar. Im sure there are various reasons for this which i am not too sure about (if someone could enlighten me hehe) but from a purely marketing perspective i was wondering what effect this would have upon the brand image / loyalty of the yonex brand. I want to research how the badminton public will view this issue and how potentially damaging it can be.

I have complied a short survey as part of my MSc dissertation for Imperial College Business School. I would be very grateful if you would be able to fill out the questionnaire. Of course all your answers will be confidential. Please feel free to add any further comments.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XN3YQQT

Thank you for your help :)
    Vince

2. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    Hiya Vince
    Just wondering from your survey, which I just completed, are you a big badminton player? or was the dissertation title set and you researched it?

3. cvincecvince

cvincecvince New Member

Student
    hey andy... i am lucky that i get to pick my own topic for my dissertation and i am a big badminton fan so writing those words wont be too painful! haha Thanks for filling in my survey! ;)

4. Dokkie

Dokkie Regular Member

I did the test, gl with the outcomes :D