Yonex Voltric 80 ( VT80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
  2. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

3. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

By the way, what tensions are people stringing their VT80's to? 27 pounds is the maximum for the 3U? That's my normal stringing tension! I normally use Apacs which can be strung up to 35 pounds (or more) no problem. I'm hoping to get towards 30 pounds when I improve my strength and fitness...

4. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Currently my VT80 is strung with BG66UM at 24lbs mains, 26lbs crosses. Feels good.

5. bogz8

bogz8 New Member

Student
    try to visit amazom or badmintonalley websites lot of discount there..

6. mikesalim

mikesalim Regular Member

IT
    Badminton alley is expensive :)

7. bogz8

bogz8 New Member

Student
    try to search in google for some suggestions i only know few sites that caters this services and offers ..tsk :)

8. mikesalim

mikesalim Regular Member

IT
    hehehe...so far based on my research, http://shuttle-house.com/ have the cheaper price...and it's JP version....i'm still thinking whether I should change to VT80 or not...currently i'm using Arc 10

9. nicholaskidd

nicholaskidd Regular Member

Badminton Development Officer/Player/Coach
    bogz8 try A 2 Z Sports www.a2zsport.com.au they can do a discount on bulk orders if you have some friends who want a similar priced racket.

10. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

YOU [as the owner of A2Z Sports] seem to be encouraging us here to buy internationally from you. Do you handle international dealing anyway? The racquets you are selling are AS or NZ coded, which will not be "recognised" by Sunrise in around South East Asia since it is not included in their region unlike the SP coded racquets sold by Luxis Sports, so how will these people claim for warranty if the unexpected happens?

EVERYONE SHOULD be educated by now that the Yonex warranty which the maximum stringing tension represents CAN ONLY APPLY for NEWLY BOUGHT racquets and for as long as the warranty covers (from 1 month to 1 year). It is also aimed at amateur players (who mishit frames, hit the floor with the racquet and break racquets etc.) who string at similarly amateur stringers (who use short-cuts in string pattern weaving and old style stringing machines with inadequate support for the racquet frame etc. and break racquets during stringing).

More advanced players who can play with no problems (no mishits and no racquet breakage) at higher tensions who string at more professional stringers with "technologically approved" machines and technique DO NOT really have to refer to the maximum warranted tension at all. Take for example the old Ti10 and Muscle Power racquets are warranted at max 22lbs but a lot of professional players have been stringing their racquets at 32lbs (10lbs MORE than warranted) and they don't seem to be breaking the racquets even with their strength. Personally I also string my max 25lbs warranted Armortecs at 32-33lbs (7 to 8lbs MORE than warranted) and I have not broken any racquet from mishits or other mishaps and I play fine with no injuries at all.

As for Apacs racquets warranted to 35lbs, I have not personally seen one strung at past 30lbs at all and most advanced players I have known who use above 30lbs tension will usually just avoid Apacs racquets. This is just an unproven marketing ploy aimed at amateur players who think that "if this Apacs racquet can withstand up to 35lbs then a racquet clash with my 22lbs tension can surely not break the racquet, right?" This turns out to be not true in most cases.

11. nicholaskidd

apac rackets strung at 35 lbs ... dont think so :) what srtinging machine do u use to string at 35 lbs ... I have been stringing with Yonex ES PRO 5 electronic stringing machine which costs 30,000 RM-35,000 RM (10,000-12,000 AUD) for over 10 years and never come across any apac racket which can be strung at 35 lbs :)

12. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Are you saying this because you've seen apacs rackets strung over 30 pounds and seen them break? Otherwise, you might want to do more research. I know for sure that the following apacs rackets can be strung at 35 pounds (some even more):
    Lethal 60/70
    Tantrum 200/300
    Lethal Light Special
    Slayer 88/99

Probably many more too. This is based on what is written on the web-site specs as well as the racket specs. A marketing ploy? Easy to claim, but where's the proof?

Back on topic, it sounds like the VT80 should be able to take tensions up to 30 pounds no problem. Thanks.

13. nicholaskidd

I string my V 80 at 30 lbs and I love it :)

14. Blitzzards

IMHO you are missing the point. A LOT OF US have yet actually seen someone play with an Apacs racquet strung at above 30lbs of tension, while those racquets which we have seen at such tensions are all of the other brands such as Yonex, Li Ning, Victor, DC Panda Power, Forza etc. It does not matter what Apacs claim wherever; if the racquets can really take such tensions (35lbs) then why are people not using them as such?

On the other hand, the Yonex racquets are really a lot tougher than most perceive. The "increase" in warranted tension of the latest VT80 is only a marketing ploy by Yonex to keep up with the ridiculous max tension warranties of the other brands (Apacs come into mind). As an example Peter Gade has been using 33 to 36lbs on his Arc10 which was warranted at 24/25lbs and is still using the same tension on his VT80 now. The racquets that the professional players use are really made of the same materials as the ones we can buy from our retailers so there is really no difference at all other than very minor and insignificant QC variations.

15. bunbun

bunbun Regular Member

u should change to vt80 ......u feel better n better...absolutely....

16. Blitzzards

Can you please brief us international buyers of other regions than AS and NZ on your brand new Yonex racquets warranty terms and conditions? You do know a person can not file for manufacturing defect of an AS coded racquet in an SP region.

17. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    There is a 'Market Place' section for this type of discussion.

18. nicholaskidd

You need to file manufacturing defect from the dealer you buy from, doesn't matter which region you buy from. Hence buy from registered dealers of yonex like www.a2zsport.com.au and many others.

19. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

No, I did understand the point you were making. However, I like to see proper evidence and not just "educated guessing" or assumptions.

If someone has had an apacs racket break because of string tensions beyond 30 pounds, then please tell us.

20. K1NGK0N

K1NGK0N Regular Member

Sorry the burst your baloon - but HK is cheapest for YY racquets. M'sia is cheaper for accessories i.e. bags etc..

Got my V80 (including stringing BG65) with authorised dealer for HK$ 1200 = RM 463.5 = USD 154.4