Yonex-Sunrise INDONESIAN MASTERS GP Gold 2014 (9th-14th September 2014)

Discussion in 'Vietnam GP / Indonesia Open GPG 2014' started by CLELY, Sep 8, 2014.

1. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Nice indeed. From what I watched on youtube (someone has been streaming the event already), his coverage on court is decent, but no special skill is yet visible. If he can develop skillwise at least half as good as Tian HouWei or Kento Momota, INA MS future is in good hand.

If he can win in the final tomorrow vs. Prannoy which I doubt he can, it would be very huge.

2. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    After winning daren, prannoy said "it was a good match. Daren is a tough opponent. He looked good after winning b.saipraneeth on friday. But I knew I had to be steady at the net and not giving him much. I took my chances and it worked.".

"The final against firman is going to be tough for me as my body is very tired after reaching two consecutive finals . But yes, I need to push it for one more match. That is the only thing in my mind".

3. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, totally domination by host players. Prannoy has chance to deny clean sweep, two finals in back to back tournament shows his consistent performance.

Suprising journey by youngsters Firman and Ruselli to reach first ever GP Gold final. Overall, this year edition is the best result from INA camp at homeground GP Gold since its inception in 2010.

FINALS (01.00pm) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...435880-97B8-47E4-B42B-1C14D11C3A94&d=20140914

4. Gary Lim

Gary Lim Regular Member

Camera angle and quality for INA is so much better than the one at VIE. At least the court is green instead of cyan! In VIE, the camera angle was also too high. It's much lower for INA.

Too bad we've been spoilt by the vid quality of WC in Denmark, that was simply fantastic!

5. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Wow... prannoy won his maiden GRAND PRIX GOLD title. Congratulations. He made it in indonesia. Really wonderful. He made it without even having a coach beside him.

6. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Prannoy has beaten firman in straight games 21-11, 22-20.

7. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Still I don't really liked the live telecast by Ss it looks a bit dull and old....but watching h.s. Prannoy wining the title it seemed all good to an Indian heart :)

8. winzerer

winzerer Regular Member

i kinda hope the youngster geh/sanjaya to the the tittle

9. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    The coaching staff couldn't accompany him because of the preparations for the Asian Games.

This title at the Indonesian Masters Grand Prix Gold title and his runner-up position at the Vietnam Open Grand Prix Gold) are all the more remarkable since they were achieved without any real-time coaching assistance and also in spite of a heel injury (which he kept concealed from his opponents).

As Morten Frost said, Prannoy will go places if he plays a more attacking game.

10. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Thanks for the news. But I still feel, he is not completely fit to play today's final. He appeared more tired yesterday when he played daren who stopped sai in the quarters.

Prannoy should need to work even more harder to win more titles in the future.

11. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Prannoy stopped the host nation of clean sweep. I was wondering who was that firman. I never ever heard his name before. He may do well even better than jonathan christie and ginting anthony.

12. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Firman Abdul Kholik is one of Indonesia's brightest prospects.
    He has climbed 100 places in the MS rankings just this year.
    He was Rank 162 when the last year ended - and this week he is Rank 62.

I'm told one of the 'Malaysian' coaches (perhaps Hendrawan) advised Firman to request private lessons with Taufik Hidayat.

13. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Oh... he seems to be a very good player. His advantage is he is lefty. We know many good right handed players are troubled by lefties. Only time will tell how far he will go. But he has beaten jonathan it seems in the early round itself. How come they have selected him for asian games.

14. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I know... PBSI should have chosen Firman or Anthony Sinisuka Ginting instead.... Jonatan has not had a breakthrough lately. I think there is the pecking order in PBSI as who should be sent when the Senior is unable to make it.

15. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Oh no... A lefty shouldn't emulate Taufik style but he should take note of Taufik's superb net play. He should emulate the playing style of Tian Houwei, Lee Hyun-il or Kento Momota.

16. indrg

indrg Regular Member

What is the Victor racket Kevin uses now?

17. opikbidin

opikbidin Regular Member

Student
    a righty but play with his left, he should try lin dan instead.

18. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, he's just 17, a promising left handed player. Good attacking style and fighting spirit, we'll see how his performance in next tournaments.

Well, the higher seeded shuttlers were out as winners yesterday, no surprise result. Last match should be the most entertaining one when Geh/Sukamuljo saved 4 match points and forced rubber game.

19. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    He should be himself and one day somebody will emulate him if he's successful...:D:):p