Yonex Sunrise INDIA Open SS 2015 - Entry List & DRAW

Discussion in 'Yonex Sunrise India Open / Maybank Malaysia Open 2' started by CLELY, Feb 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    chinese players are the only true no. one's and two's in the whole world scorpion. .now don't you dare argue with me on that, if you know what i mean ;) :p

2. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    You very well put it. lol..:D

3. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Srikanth will be going to meet his nemesis Kento in the second round. That would be interesting.

4. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    No point arguing with a Chinese supporter . they always have some reason for their top player rare loss and some of which are ( take it in a lighter note no disrespect intended towards any fan or the Chinese player )

1) the player was playing with injury .
    2) the player was not in mood .
    3) the player was out of form and would not have let the opponent take a single point on other days
    And the biggest one

4) the player lost purposely to let opponent befooled so that in Olympics the opponent would be complacent .

Any Chinese fan would never say that OK we lost to a better player on that day .

All said Chinese are indeed on top and their fans do get away with such arguments . ;)

5. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Are you new to this forum ?. You will learn even more in the days yet to come.

6. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    Well, I don't know about others, but Lin Dan does lose when he isn't really interested, due to many reasons, the chief among them being the disregard for rankings and titles, and attempt to keep physically fit.

7. sh_shashi1

Student
    Not new in terms of reading , been here for very long but only joined recently . BTW any info on tickets .

8. sh_shashi1

Student
    I am not going into why actually happened and my points are not for player but what a Chinese fan brings up for The reason of loss.

9. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    Also, as far as rankings are concerned. People can as well form their own rankings. This whole debate on "true" or "false" WR1 is pedantic. Everyone has his or her own criteria.

I would further say, that World Rankings should just be treated as a parameter for seedings. They don't matter much. Count the titles, matches won, and head to head against main opponents for actual insights into a player.

10. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    Hmm ...
    True. But then, every nation backs their own players. The degree may vary. I know many Malaysian fans who still blame luck for the failure of LCW vis a vis Lin Dan. They call Lin Dan an evil man, blah blah blah...

So it is obviously wrong, yet understandable. Just see I bet you that once Saina gets WR1 all media would go berserk. She will also likely lose that place in a couple of weeks if Li Xuerui performs the way she was doing last year. Li Xuerui is short on tournaments right now.

11. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    what i really don't like about posts of some "fans" of their respective countries players is that their posts are very uni-dimensional like for an example in the all england open thread somebody wrote after saina's loss in the final "okay wang yihan now you know how to beet saina, may be chen jin will tell you how to beat her convincingly the next time you play" something like that crap which is kind of weird to read. .that shows ones psychology and obsession towards something, i think people should learn to be "humble in victory and gracious in defeat" and by people i meant both the players and their fans.

12. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    That's not new. If you defend.. You will not be spared. You should read the threads completely to know the clear picture of the posts. For eg..

"Unfortunate ..... player ( i mean their country player) has to meet ..... compatriot in the early rounds. if ----- was posted in the opposite half of the draw, Definitely, ---- would have reached finals.. "

- Complete obsession. You should read all the thread . Enjoyable to read :p.

#32 scorpion1, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  13. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    but devendra what's annoying here is because it is saina whom we are talking about, we are saying that li xuerui is short on tournaments and not performing well right now and this and that. had it been some other player say ratchanok or yamaguchi for example the same story would have been written this way "oh she is playing so well, she is the most deserving, she has earned it etc etc" but in case of saina she has won everything because either her opponents were not playing well or she got a favourable draw etc, she never won a title because she played well and deserved to win, and that's the case here.

14. sh_shashi1

Student
    My post was not to blame them or any one . just to bring out the way they behave in a jocular way . Let them or any one say what ever they want . we should take it in a lighter vein .

15. sh_shashi1

Student
    Don't get annoyed yaar . Its her title and no comment will undermine that . Victory is sufficient slap to a critic.

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Even this goes to CHen Long.. LCW is not there.. So, chen long enjoys world no.1 status.. Shall i put this way??? ;)

17. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Ok.. Let's stick to the topic. I put it this way. Draws are not the mere replica of original content. There may be a potential upset creator underneath it and rise to the occasion. This happened in india open last year where she lost to Yui hashimoto who relatively unknown to anybody at that time. This time Saina may meet indian national champion on the way . Since sindhu is injured and not certain about her next tournament, any indian player may feel to play well to fill that place. 17 year old Ruthvika may rise to occasion and play well and can create upset. Who knows??

Who would have known when they played Akane Yamaguchi for the first time last year in japan open that they will get defeated by this young girl. Even top japanese players lost to this girl . Who might have thought?? Anything can happen. Saina should play carefully.

18. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    Yes You can. It is no secret that LCW's departure helped Chen Long.

19. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    See I don't know of other members here, but I generally very rarely complain of any player's victory. A victory is a victory as they say! I even give full credit to Saina for the Olympic Bronze, though we know that Wang Xin dropped injured.

Also, in the recent months I have come about to like Saina. Earlier I didn't like her attitude. As in, with any victory she used to claim her superiority and with defeat give excuses. She didn't understand others. But in the recent months she is beginning to understand her rivals and appreciating them.

Not only this, she is playing really good, perhaps the best I have seen her play.

Some of her comments that show that she has changed is:

"I don't know, but Wang Yihan made too many mistakes. She may be tired due to her tough matches before" (After defeating Wang Yihan)

In december interview she said

"I respect Chinese players a lot due to their commitment and hardwork"

"Injuries happen to every player. LI Xuerui had a tremendous year before but she hasn't been playing now for close to 3 months" (On being asked of her injury)

So let's just hope. All the best for Saina. I can say it without doubt that she has been a really good player for India. One of the things that I like most about her, is her focus. She doesn't get too involved in useless stuff like advertisements etc. Unlike Sania Mirza, who gave India hopes, but those hopes were never realized because she became more a celebrity than a sportswomen.

20. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I would like to see Tanvi lad vs Carolina marin match, hopefully Tanvi clears the first hurdle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.