Yonex-Sunrise Hong Kong Open SS 2012: Day 4 (23nd November) - QF

Discussion in 'China Open / Hong Kong Open 2012' started by badMania, Nov 22, 2012.

1. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    WYH v JS and XC/MJ v CPS/GYL SF matches will be, in a way, a repeat of the LNCO 2012 matches where JS beat WYH in 3 games in the QF and XC/MJ beat CPS/GLY in the final.
    Who will come on top this time round?

2. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

you mean they back to the weak formation?

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Went to the Coliseum for the afternoon session only yesterday and watched the following matches:
    1. Hoon Thien How/Tan Wee Kiong vs Liu Xiaolong/Qiu Zihan - this was probably the most entertaining match yesterday and I was glued to this match for the first 2 sets. I think Hoon/Tan have potential if they cut down on their errors. I was actually quite impressed by Tan's attacking display. The MAS pair wasted valuable set-pts in the first-set and also 2 match pts in the second-set at 20-18 as the CHN pair simply refused to give up! If only the MAS pair was a bit more careful, they could have won it in straight-sets. I switched to watching the XD match later on, so, couldn't comment more.

2. Fran Kurniawan/Shendy Puspa Irawati vs Joachim Fischer-Nielsen/Christinna Pedersen - the INA pair has to be split. Period. Shendy in particular was so awful, missing shots and making so many errors! I think they were able to catch up in the first-set as Christinna Pedersen was not fit (her back was slightly injured I think). They could also had game pt at 20-20 but Fran's smash lack bite and they couldn't kill off the DEN pair in that rally! The second-set was practically a give away as the DEN pair raced to a quick lead and only allowed 8 pts for the INA pair.

3. Hendra Setiawan/Mohd Ahsan vs Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun - despite not at top form, the CHN pair was able to beat the error-prone INA pair easily yesterday. Hendra Setiawan, in particular, looked not sharp at all and was making all sorts of errors in both sets: serving to the net, weak defense, etc. The INA pair didn't look aggressive at all! Ko Herry IP really has a lot of work to do if he wants to mould this pair to be a world class pair.

I also went for coffee with Hau-Ge after the matches and he was so furious at some of the players. Also bumped into several players (Zhang Nan/Zhao Yunlei, Tao Jiaming, TPE players), Park Joo Bong, etc in the mall next to the Coliseum as they were having dinner before the night session.

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Is the KOR player LYD? But he is not playing XD in this tournament, right?

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Yes, he is. Only plays MD in this tournament.