Yonex-Sunrise Hong Kong Open SS 2012: Day 2 (21st November) - R32

Discussion in 'China Open / Hong Kong Open 2012' started by badMania, Nov 20, 2012.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    someone must have bought the wrong brand!
    who?
    is that u? etudiant?:p

2. mixello

mixello Regular Member

entrepeneur
    then I wonder ... whoever in this arena will get them play for as long as an hour ?!?? :D:confused::eek:

3. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

i like the way you use acronym, no misunderstanding.
    the other day someone here told me to STFU, took me awhile to found out what it was!

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Is that the boyscout version :D? That's not how I learned it ... (the original).

#484 demolidor, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  5. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    LOL! I'll add "KISS" to my lexicon. Thanks Justin!

6. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

you're right about that most of their matches are won in sub-30 mins region, quite a few of them under 15 mins actually.
    i have only found 3 matches over their partnership that took longer than an hours, 2 against the reigning olympics champion and the other against the korean. i might missed 1 or 2, so 5 max took over an hour!

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You mean 'Keep It Short,Stupid' but it's not a good version.:p:D Or maybe 'Keep It Simple,Stupid' - kind of rude. I like the first version better.:)

8. mixello

mixello Regular Member

entrepeneur
    sounds more like a 'MONSTER' WD pair to me.... so scary :eek::eek::crying:

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

STFU??? Well,the last two initials,no need to guess,unmentionable here. ST = Shut your Trap?

Oops,I'd better bear in mind the youngest cute little forummer here who ,incidentally, would put many older posters to shame, the way they keep hitting below the belt hiding behind the cloak of anonymity. You know,those pathetic ones who day in day out take cheap potshots at certain players, behaving like wimps and wusses. Despicable and,at the same time,making bloody fools of themselves.

10. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

true, but that's also part of the fun, isn't it?
    if everyone sings from the same hymn sheet, it is kind of boring really.

i occasionally quite enjoy winding someone up here myself, :D

11. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Actually some of in a playersbgot sick...Sony got flu and forced himself to play, risky got bad stomach disease and took her hospital...she got better but weak unfortunately pia got her ankle twisted...more likely she won't play XD...

12. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Chen gang,former Chinese player is a single coach for Korea....

13. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Yao jie said that HKG open was her last match

14. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Chen Jin played very bad like amateur player...so shocking!...

15. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

OMG.....so sad....adios auntie, good luck in life outside baddy

That's why she played brilliantly against Busanan.......

16. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    Except for Chen Long, all the other Chinese men's singles players exited in the 1st round of the main draw.
    With this development, there will be no withdrawal from the Chinese, so that no Chinese player has the advantage over a non-Chinese opponent.
    Tournaments in a neutral territory seem to unsettle some Chinese players and this is good for badminton.

#496 skchen, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I reached the Colliseum yesterday afternoon around 2:30pm and watched several matches:
    1. Riky Widianto/Richi Puspita Dili vs Arun Vishnu/Aparna Balan - Riky/Richi are simply a class apart and they thrashed the IND pair in just 21 mins. More is expected from them next year as they strive to reach the top 10!

2. Markis Kido/Pia Zebadiah Bernadeth vs Gaetan Mittelheisser/Emilie Lefel - see above...also another thrashing in even faster time (less than 20 mins). Too bad Pia is injured, otherwise, it will be quite an intriguing match against the Olympic Bronze-Medallist.

3. Fran Kurniawan/Shendy Puspa Irawati vs Akshay Dewalkar/Pradnya Gadre - this match was characterized by errors from both pairs (33 vs 31 from others in TS). The INA pair is a level above the IND pair and if Fran/Shendy were to face a better pair, they would have lost with that kind of display. I am not sure whether Richard Mainaky wants to keep Fran/Shendy even though they could still reach the top 10 (thanks to the many pairs who have retired like Shiota/Ikeda, Chen/Cheng, etc).

I also watched glimpses of the following matches:
    4. Adriyanti Firdasari vs Ratchanok Intanon - mostly the third set and just before Firda won the match. I certainly agree that Rat needs a break now. She has been over-exposed, having played in 17 individual tourneys already this year+the Uber Cup Qualifiers and Finals.

5. Hendra A. Gunawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki vs Hirokatsu Hashimoto/Noriyasu Hirata - also mostly in the third-set after the break. AG/Yoke were leading 3 pts at 16-13, before a very wide smash return by Yoke made it 16-14 and from then onwards, it was very tight. But AG was so motivated in the ending stage and screamed loudly after winning every pt. That eventually led the pair to victory 21-19 in the rubber-set!

6. Taufik Hidayat vs Takuma Euda - Taufik could have won the match in straight-sets, but it would have been injustice to Takuma who matched him pt by pt in the second-set. Taufik simply did not have the energy for him to last 3-sets against a hardworking Japanese player.

Also watched Yao Jie's last match against Busanan Ongbumrangpan. The young Thai player should have won it in straight-sets but a spirited Yao Jie pushed her all the way to the decider set, before Yao officially waved goodbye to badminton.

The match between Eriko Hirose and Jiang Yanjiao was also a long-drawn affair with Eriko eventually winning it 21-18 in the rubber-set in 76 mins (the longest match of the day!)

Also watched the first-set of the MD involving Hendra Setiawan/Mohd Ahsan and the German pair. The newly formed INA pair was really lacking in terms of aggressiveness (kurang mengigit) and Hendra was making so many errors! Luckily, they salvaged the situation later on and won the match!

Was matching these matches with Hau-Ge and Ko Aryono. Li Yongbo was sighted with his customary hat and obviously he received a VIP treatment here. Also saw Edwin Leung and several other local photography enthusiast in the stadium!

18. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Thanks for the report badmania, seems lot of fun in there, keep it coming....say hello to Hauge :)

19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Some pictures from day 2.

I was only there in the morning.

6Q2A0005.jpg 6Q2A0046.jpg 6Q2A0052.jpg 6Q2A0077.jpg 6Q2A0079.jpg 6Q2A9966-2.jpg 6Q2A9986.jpg IMGL0006.jpg IMGL0048.jpg IMGL0070.jpg IMGL0168.jpg IMGL9800.jpg IMGL9843.jpg IMGL9921.jpg IMGL9959.jpg

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Neutral? HK is regarded as China by some people and want to get rid of HK as a Superseries venue.:((