Yonex-Sunrise Badminton Asia Championships: Quarter Finals(16 April)

Discussion in 'Asian / European Championships 2010' started by undeadshot, Apr 15, 2010.

1. avataar

avataar Regular Member

where were avataar & abedeng?

abedeng joined me arriving late last night at delhi. dragged him to the CommonWealth Games offices bright and early in the mng as i had a meeting there.

since i couldnt get away abedeng had to make his way in the sevltering delhi heat to the siri fort stadium all on his own in a good old ambassador cab with a wily old driver.

once at the venue we found out that we could not connect to the wifi, therefore no live updates at all during the day.

finished the day discussing delhi's preparation for the CWG and a dinner at a week old "international diner" where we were told after placing the order that CASH only was accepted.

2. avataar

avataar Regular Member

photographs, venue opinion etc

will follow in later posts, beware photos are from our mobile phones due to a strict no camera restriction

3. avataar

avataar Regular Member

about the matches today

by the time i joined abedeng polli had lost her XD, zhou mi was just finishing her match against salakjit whilst aditi had lost to the chinese girl.

big hearted polli though lost both her matches was a delight on court today, to see her sprawl out, dive, fling and throw herself right throughout shows what a big hearted player she is. the INA girls will be kicking themselves for not capitalising on the MAS girls overzealousness in the final game and though evidently tired should not have been stretched so hard.

poor poor performance by the 2 indian dbls teams. time and again the indian pairs have given away advantageous positions to surrender tamely and today was the same. their opponents did not beat them the indians lost!!!

WMC left too little for too late, after being blown off by the pace of sainas game in the 1st. still believe tomorrow is going to be tricky for saina against the chinese girl

only saw the LD match as all the other 3 MS's were finished by the time i got to the stadium. If LD was playing 1st gear in earlier rounds he shifted between 2nd and flashes of 3rd in his QF match. lets see what LD turns up against boonsak tomorrow.

will also be interesting to watch tago against the chinese fellow (is he a junior world champ??)

#303 avataar, Apr 16, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  4. avataar

avataar Regular Member

malaysian and taipei dbls performance

the MAS XD were quite good today, thought the performance of LY Goh was critical in their win over the jap's. she was agressive and consistent right throughout.

for vivian and khei wei kudos for winning they did battled out a marathon. also they should have an equal chance against the THAI girls tomorrow

harry potter and partner's performance suggests to me that they have a stiff battle against the Koreans, they only just managed to pull off their win because the MAS MD did not have the extra push

the Taipei WD pair definitely the underdogs against potential title winners the chinese(actually would be nice for pan pan and qin tian to win the title this sunday)

#304 avataar, Apr 16, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  5. avataar

avataar Regular Member

for the semis

looking fwd to the MS's matches the most and hope that Saina can win easy

can the koreans make it an all korean MD final

Lily says she has to be the leader when she is palying with Devin, would like this pair to go all the way

6. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    only saw the LD match as all the other 3 MS's were finished by the time i got to the stadium. If LD was playing 1st gear in earlier rounds he shifted between 2nd and flashes of 3rd in his QF match. lets see what LD turns up against boonsak tomorrow.

will also be interesting to watch tago against the chinese fellow (is he a junior world champ??)[/quote]

I remember LD fans saying the same thing about this gears selections in SO. They said he was in cruise control and most-to-most engaged in 4th gear only.

Then you know what happened next... gear box problem:D.
    I might be wrong this time around;).

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu

I remember LD fans saying the same thing about this gears selections in SO. They said he was in cruise control and most-to-most engaged in 4th gear only.

Then you know what happened next... gear box problem:D.
    I might be wrong this time around;).
    [/QUOTE]

what can i say except that bolehian doesn't understand LD very well.

8. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    what can i say except that bolehian doesn't understand LD very well.[/quote]

Aha here comes the origin of the joke:D. The one who started the gearbox issue... now 3rd, here comes 4th, now oops.. bearing kaput and all gears ceased:D:D.

The funniest part is not that bolehians does not understand LD nor the problem lies with LD himself, its the gearbox man:p. He expected LD to downshift all the way to 8th but turn out to be laughing stock.

It seem he does not understand himself.:D

9. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Ask Yun Hu he will explain you :D

10. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Oh did you meant LD beat HuYun to qualified for the semis:eek:??

If yes congratulation to LD for his first appearance in the semi-final stage... in 2010 of course:p. Happy for him.:D

11. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Seeing his form, I think he will bag the BAC title. Boonsak took 3 games to bring down a not very good Hafiz while Tago took 3 games against Kuan Beng Hong earlier :eek: Hope both can clear their hurdles today.