Yonex rackets

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Yogi, Jul 1, 2001.

1. Bhura

Bhura Guest

Hi Yogesh,

I thot that you swear by Ti-10. Why the sudden interest in the ISO 600?

Are you a reseller i.e. buy it cheap at one place and have it sold at a higher price elsewhere like India???

2. James

James Guest

Well, we will never know. The best judge would be the durability of the racquet.

3. greg

greg Guest

100% agree with Wins Gan.

I grew to disbelieve the salespersons.

Two occassions:

1. When I wanted to buy a SONY handycam, but the salesperson insisted that JVC is better. He even hooked it up to a TV and showed how bad the result is when compared to JVC. And it was really terrible!, SONY's result was blur and the color was not sharp compared to JVC. But I did notice that he hooked the JVC to a different jack than that of SONY, so I was convinced that he's trying to con me. When I decided to buy the SONY Handycam, he said that he can not guarantee if the unit malfunctions, etc., still tried very hard to discourage me to buy JVC. At the end, still get myself a SONY handycam, and when I hooked it up on my TV the result was excellent!!

2. When I wanted to purchase a SONY portable VCD player, but again the salesperson (different store) tried to convince me that SONY is no good, the lens will melt when playing pirated VCD, etc.. But me is a strong believer in SONY product, I still insist to purchase the SONY. Now it's already two years using SONY VCD player and it is still working in a fine condition (- most of the time playing pirated VCD's).

I guess they make more profit by selling other brands.

4. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Sony..

They DO!! Sony controls prices very rigidly in Singapore, hence profit margins aren't very high. Whereas, other brands do not, that's why they push it very hard, and get a better commission out of it!

Now back to Zenith, well they have a number of "Ti-10, Ti-7, wannabes" hanging on the shelves! I mean really copycat models made to look like the real mccoy. Just named differently. Perhaps that's where the accusations stem from?

Anyway, the items sold at Music Room ain't fake I had a very good look at all the stuff they had. But I really wonder is there's the need for such accusations at all.

5. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Yeah and then again, no one will break their racket on purpose to see how durable it is..... lol.....

6. harry

harry Guest

yogesh, how much is tiSP in india? you said the mp prices are gonna drop, did they yet? and how come teh iso900 is $90 when teh ti10 and ti8 is only $78? is iso900 really that popular in india?

7. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Bhura,

I still Swear by Ti 10.I want to Buy Iso 600 power because it is used By Gopichand.

And i am a maniac of the great old rackets produced by Yonex. I will never buy ti 6 or a ti 5.

All these rackets are painting jobs of rackets like Iso 200 power and Iso 600Power.

Iso 200 power is way more studier than the Ti 5.

But Ti 10 is the best racket ever produced by Yonex.

And by the way, i would not stoop down so much to buy something from Singapore to resell it here. I think u got me all wrong!I am not one of these idiotic dealers.

It is just that these guys charge so much extra and singapore is so near and friends and family keep travelling that i am interested in buying stuff which are exhorbitant here.

I am a student and a baddy enthusiast and not a MIDDLEMAN.I am not a PIMP.

8. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

harry,

Ti 10 and Ti 8 are very popular and the biggest advantage, is that these dealers dont work as a cartel.

So there is amazing price war and these guys would do anything to sell quantities.

U can get a ti 8 for the same price of ti 5,6 and 7.The prices of Ti 8 have dropped of late.

Iso ti swing power works out to Arnd 102USd.I think it just works like Singapore here.In singapore these things are costlier than the tI 10 or Ti 8.

I dunno why. probably that these are not used much like ti 10 or ti 8.

I hope this helps.

9. Bhura

Bhura Guest

Yogesh, I was just curious. I know of people who arbitrages in hope of a quick profit. I guess that you are not one of them.

10. Bhura

Bhura Guest

By the way, the ISO 600 is a good racket - firm control and lots of power in play. I am thinking of getting another racket and the ISO 800 Tour is a good candidate. It sells for $120 in Singapore.

Have you compared the ISO 600 with the ISO 800 before?

11. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Bhura,

These are my dream rackets.Iso 200 power,Iso 600 power,Iso 900,Iso 800 tour.
    Ti 10,Mp 77 ,Mp 100,Aerotus 110 Sp and Cab 9 tour.

Out of these i have just realised my dream of ti 10 and that too i am planning to sell to buy a new one.

I think the price Quoted by you(120) is for the Iso 800 tour. someone had quoted that u get iso 600 power for 90Sg$.

I would like to know whether the Iso tour has the new Yonex symbol.

Thanks and i dont think it is very feasible to make a quick buck on one single sale of a badminton racket. that too in India.I guess economies of scale takes effect

12. xbc

xbc Guest

yogesh - cab21

yogesh,
    how much (approx) cab 21 cost in india?
    thanks....

13. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Xbc,

There are 2 versions in Cab 21. The "Sp" version and the "Special" version.

The "Sp" is abt Rs 2250/-.

The special Version is abt RS.1950/-

To convert them into USD divide them by 45.
    To convert them to Sg$ divide them by 25.
    To convert them into Canadian $ divide by 30.

14. xbc

xbc Guest

Re: yogesh - thanks

yogesh,
    thanks...i was looking for the SP..that's only US$50 which is half of what it cost here...it's US$99 here..

15. Meera

Meera Guest

hi

I have a friend visiting me in London from Singapore.
    I want to ask him to buy me a decent badminton racquet in Singapore.

Any suggestions as to where he should look for the racquet and which racquet should he buy.
    I am looking in the range of 30 -50 pounds, which works out to $75 - $130

Please advise

thanks
    meera

16. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Anytime pal!

I have posted the rates of all decent badminton equipmentavailable here sometime back. U can find it with the search engine.

take a look at it.

U might be surprised!

17. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Carbonex 21 SP - SG$108 without string.
    MP-100 SP - SG$169 without string.

Bras Basah Complex. Music Room, ground floor.

BG-66 SG$12
    BG-65 SG$11
    BG-68Ti SG$15
    BG-85 SG$15
    Carlton Ariblade 900 - SG$110 with BG-66 strings and grip.

Kemin Sports, Level 2, Beauty World Plaza.

These are up to date as of 1st July 2001.

18. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Converting Currencies.....

Yogesh, thought i'd just say so, instead of doing all those dividing and stuff...... go here instead......

http://www.xe.net/ucc/

Its a currency converting site.....

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Re: Yonex rackets -yogesh

i dont own an iso200 but is the iso200 you are referring to is black or very very dark color one?

20. harry

harry Guest

so the more popular it is the less expensive it is in india? ha, itz the opposite here in canada. the more popular the more expensive!