YONEX Open Chinese Taipei Grand Prix Gold 2014 - M&Q 1

Discussion in 'Canada / USA / Chinese Taipei / Brazil Open 2014' started by RedShuttle, Jun 20, 2014.

1. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

2. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

It's strong line-up for GP Gold level, CHN registered combination of their top and young names at this tournament, Lin Dan, Wang ZM, reigning WJC Lin Guipu, reigning AJC Shi Yuqi, Wang/Yu, He Bingjiao, etc.

Full squad by KOR and host TPE as well, while INA will be represented by mixed senior-junior shuttlers such as Simon Santoso, Evert Sukamta, Jonatan Christie, Firdasari, Greysia/Nitya, etc.

3. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The overall strength of the lineup is nearly equivalent to a Superseries.

For MS, the main draw has six rounds, pity the qualifiers. How far can WJC Lin Guipu and AJC Shi Yuqi go, starting from the qualies?

Too bad, Han Li and He Bingjiao are slated to meet in R2. Tai TY and Yui Hashimoto are in the same quadrant while Liu Xin and Bae YJ are in the next quadrant, both in the lower half. A possible revenge match for Liu Xin vs Tai TY in the semifinal but Yui and Bae may have other ideas. The other possible revenge match is Han Li vs Sung JH if they both progress that far.

5. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

I believe Lin Guipu, Shi Yuqi, Qin Jingjing and He Binjiao are sent to take part in this open as part of their preparations for the Nanjing Youth Olympics, but what about the XD pair of Huang Kaixiang /Chen Qingchen.
    Also don't understand why WZM is given so many chances. In his place Xue Song, Liu Kai,Guo Kai, Huang Yuxiang and the forgotten Qiao Bin should be sent instead.

#5 tbgoh288, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  6. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Just noticed that Qin Jingjing is not in the qualifications or main draw although she is listed as having been entered for the tournament. Withdrew?

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I thought Qin Jinjing withdrawn, her name isn't in the draw. But M & Q ver 5 shown her as Reserve 1, so unless a qualifier withdrew, she won't be playing, http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file.aspx?id=570314&dl=1

Wang Zhengming is lucky that CBA is still giving him chances (maybe Xia XZ has a soft spot for him), hope to see him finally break out of the rut one day. Meanwhile as WZM and DuPY cannot be counted on (not to mention Chen Long and Tian HW), I too feel that Xue Song and Liu Kai , my two preferred choices, should be given more chances to rise through the ranks as I think they could (Xue Song was unlucky to face Lin Dan in R2 of the JPN Open SS'14).

8. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Hm...Liu kai and xue song are two talented youngsters....why don't CBA have match between Liu/WZM and Xue/DPY....the winners shall get more chances..fair enough...but I still believe with experience the formers will battle past the latters...

9. Mr. Epic

Mr. Epic Regular Member

Student
    Telecast in India
    SF: Saturday 19th July - 9.30 AM on Star Sports 2
    F: Sunday 20th July - 9.30 AM on Star Sports 2

10. johny5566

johny5566 New Member

student
    I too feel that Xue Song and Liu Kai , my two preferred choices, should be given more chances to rise through the ranks as I think they could ???????