Yonex Nanoray 900 / NR900

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by demolidor, May 12, 2014.

1. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

#141 demolidor, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  2. zaviour

zaviour Regular Member

so far from the reviews, it looks like a promising racket.. anymore review on this racket? how is it compared to NS9900 directly or Arc Zslash?

thanks btw for those who has made the review..

3. maxp74

maxp74 Regular Member

Architect
    Now, I haven't got the NS9900 but I do have the Arc ZS and the NR900 is nothing like it. NR900 is by my first impressions a modern Ti10. I know I'm sticking my chin out here, but there are definite similarities. It's quite close to Arc 11 as well, but the way it swings through the air and carry momentum I'd say it's aimed at the Ti10 users. I'm not sure they will like it though. Ti10 is stiffer.

4. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Just by dry swinging. The NR900 isn't really much like the NS9900. Except maybe BP wise. Didn't measure my weight but got a 3UG5. My first ever yonex I've bought with my own money because my fingers were itchy. Dry BP was around 290. Wet strung with 66M and GR233 black was 285/286mm.

I don't think it plays like an NS9900 at all though. More like a different style of racket. The way the weight is carried due to the frame design it feels more centralised in the 10-2 areas. I guess probably due to the slimmer middle section. I think it's more of an offensive racket more than defensive/counter attack like the 9900. Will have first impressions tomorrow when I take it for a test run. One thing to hate. The god damn stickers at the 8 and 4 position =.= Mine have been damaged due to my stringer's supports and I can't even blame him for it.

5. maxp74

maxp74 Regular Member

Architect
    BG66UM in green

I know this is the NR900 thread, but it might be all right when the string sits in a NR900. Some yellow BG80 to compare. It's green. Yellowish green but still green.

_DSC0019.jpg

_DSC0020.jpg

_DSC0023.jpg

_DSC0024.jpg

6. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Looks like a nice lime green kind of color. But I still prefer yellow ^^;

7. color_wolf

color_wolf Regular Member

There seems to be no love for this racket ... we can't even keep on topic

8. SleepyEyedBoyZ

SleepyEyedBoyZ Regular Member

All busy. Playing and reviewing. Lol perhaps waiting on buy/sell threads to see who is selling off.

9. maxp74

maxp74 Regular Member

Architect
    No love? Nah, that's not the correct conclusion. I believe this to be the best Nanoray so far. I'm quite sure others will concur. If you want a fast, stable, doubles racket with decent power this is the one to get right now. This or the Arc 11 if you want my opinion.

The only downside is that it is not as stiff as NS9900 or Ti10, or Arc 8dx for that matter, if that is indeed what you want. Then there is no real choice in the Yonex line and you will have to look at other brands. For me it's stiff enough and so far I'm very pleased with it.

10. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Well first impression on this racket..Seriously..It's nothing spectacular. The feel is seriously lacking. Out of the latest offerings from yonex I would rate the feel of the Z Speed as the worst followed by the NR900 then the ZF II.

I do find that I rather like the way the racket carries it's weight at the top third of the head due to the design. Still trying to catch the timing to make the head flex consistently. Racket is fast but not exceptional. I still swing faster with my MX rackets. Frame is surprisingly stable though. Power is iffy but that's due to being unable to get the timing.

I do have to say that in some ways I find this racket mirrors the 9900 in how it's able to command the mid court and front court very well. I found it easy to move in from the rear court to the middle and than gain a kill at the front. Will give it another chance on Sunday. If I can't at least get 70% of it down by then I'll put it up for sale primarily because I find the feel sucks xD

11. visor

visor Regular Member

lol at feel... so how does 8ps stack in feel against those few rackets you mentioned :)

12. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Equal to the NR900. I've been disappointed by the evil empire..oh well..

13. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    best nanoray so far? I dont think so! I believe zspeed is far more superior and excels in other aspects, if u find urself to be an advanced player, seriously the nano900 just cant make u satisfied enough. You just have to tune yourself a lil bit and u will find the racket will just suits you just real fine.
    It requires some strength and swing styles to really feel the bending of the frame as I mentioned in other thread.
    I let a buddy of mine to try out nano900 who practises full arm swing in smashing , turn out to be liking the nano900 very much compared to ns9900 he using.need time to suits yourself to this racket. I realised the rackets produced recently by yonex are more to suiting the needs of advanced player, making them less forgiving then before. So I would say if you know that you haven get to that certain level of playing, just get a more forgiving racket which can helps enchance ur playing.you wouldnt know what's good and bad in a racket if u r not good enough, simple as that.

14. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Hardly. This thing isn't even as close to being demanding like an MX80 or ZF II and I play perfectly fine with those. This is plain and simple not a spectacular racket.

Plus I never said this was the best NanoRay so far. If anything none of the nanorays are worth much as rackets. You can find far better within the same price range with similar swing speeds for less and they play and feel better. If we talk of the NR line as a successor of the NS line then it is all just one big fat flop.

15. visor

visor Regular Member

and lest we think that only yonex can flop at replacing a racket series, victor`s jetspeed that replaced bravesword is similarly a surprise in not a very good way

16. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Yes. The jetspeeds are a total flop too -.- But we're going off topic my friend @_@

17. visor

visor Regular Member

not really ot... just wondering why manufacturers have to mess up a completely good line, like ti10, ns9900, bs09, bs10

i suppose they think that us consumers can`t tell any difference...

18. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    How about the usual "So and so uses it so common people will use it too."

19. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I suspect it is to do with pressure on being innovative. If a company is seen to stand still, they will loose their market share and will trail behind others. I have to say, while the Ti10 and NS9900 are excellent racquets, they aren't really a "line" as such, whereas the BSs are.

And I have to agree that if a manufacturer has developed a winning formula (say Victor with the BS frame), they ought to keep it but make changes elsewhere. Just as Yonex have kept the Carbonex frame going despite developing other lines. It's a classic range and should continue.

Although the Cab frame is not as popular as it once was, I would bet my bottom dollar that the Brave Sword frame will remain popular for years to come. Add small features, change the composition but whatever you do keep the general BS frame. My personal view is that they should have supplemented the Victor range with the JS range rather than replace the BS. Yes, it could be seen as competing with each other, but it seems to me that the JS range slots perfectly between BS and MX. Com'on Victor see what your consumers want!

Sorry for going slightly off topic :p

20. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I agree with your points but from what I've been hearing from retailers I know. Victor is killing off the 12N already. At this rate the only top end BS left is the 12L. Who knows how long that will last.