Yonex Nanoray 900 / NR900

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by demolidor, May 12, 2014.

1. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I can't help but finding some of these claims a bit comical.

"A totally new frame that suppresses the angle of the shuttlecock... ... ensuring that you hit the shuttle INTO THE NET everytime!" LOL

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I really don't need help hitting the net...

3. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    On a serious note though, I'm quite interested in this racquet if the NS9900 is anything to go by.

Yonex "head light" racquets tend to be what I would call "even balanced"... which is what I like... so looking at this thread with interest. :)

4. Gavin97

Gavin97 Regular Member

I thinks theres a collectors edition both dark and light supporting the 2 main players using it? But unfortunately we cant buy it in england? :( Anyone seen it on the SunriseClick Website?

5. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Yeah, I've seen it, but they don't ship to Germany, either.

But judging from the pictures the racket seems to be a regular NR900. They just add the black BG 66 UM and the Yonex Super Grap + the T-Shirts...

6. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

7. Gavin97

Gavin97 Regular Member

Is there anyway to be able to buy it in the UK?

8. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

Don't think that's possible from SunriseClick. They list only Asian countries for delivery.

9. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Tennisnuts have got it in the UK.

10. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

I saw the racket on directbadminton too, but I guess Gavin97 is looking for the special edition in UK.

11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

The sunrise click store is indeed only for their distribution area, the SP code zone (which covers just about the whole of South and South East Asia and Middle East). This being the online front for the distributor it might very well be the only place that sells it given the limited quantity. In other words: need someone to help out in getting it ...

My thoughts exactly when first reading :D

12. amleto

amleto Regular Member

yonex 'head light' rackets tend to be pretty close to even balance on yonex's own charts... ;)

13. Darby

Darby Regular Member

may anyone compare nr900 with arc11? seem both is even balance racket. planning to buy either one of these rackets

14. maxp74

maxp74 Regular Member

Architect
    I have both. Haven't played enough to do a proper review though. What I can say is that the balance point are the same on both. 290 mm (original grip and without strings). Stiffness seems to be about the same as well. Only clear difference is the shape of the frame profile. NR900 has a more streamlined bottom and a kind of waist in the middle. Makes it a little bit faster when you swing it. They play really similar for me so far. When I've played more I can give more detailed info. But it will be nuances of the same thing pretty much. The repulsion/hold thing that yonex works with is obvious if you change between the two, but if it was a blind test and I only played with one of them I don't think I could decide without a doubt which one it was. Not so far at least.

15. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Against my resolution I still bought this new YONEX racket and I don't regret it.

Here is my little review for my 3UG5 strung with BG66 UM at 13.5 kg (~29.7 lbs):

Coming from a Li-Ning N90 III defensively this racket really performs very well - not Arc FB well, but good enough to get most smashes back. The racket cuts through the air very fast and all defensive shots (drives, lifts, blocks) were easy to execute.

Baseline to baseline clears were effortless, which was surprising for me as I usually don't like headlight and stiff rackets. The power on the smash was nice and the smash very fast. Cannot comment on the "cut smash" yet, as I just played 3 hours and haven't really tried it yet.

I own a Nanoray 800 (3UG4) which I absolutely hate(d); funnily enough I didn't discover this numb feeling and the missing of power with the NR900 at all.

I got really curious after reading the post from maxp74 and compared my Arcsaber 11 with the Nanoray 900 and as stated above there is really not much difference swinging it (balance point, stiffness). I can't put my hand on it, but like with the Nanoray 800 I didn't really like the Arc11, at all.

Here is my rating:
    Attack: 8/10
    Defense: 9/10
    Control/Feel: 9/10

Excellent defense with very little sacrifice of power! :)

16. maxp74

maxp74 Regular Member

Architect
    Btw my new NR900 with the green BG66 UM. Does look more yellow than I hoped.

_DSC0023.jpg

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

There is no green BG66UM afaik?? Only white, yellow and red ... In fact I don't think Yonex has any green strings (cmiiw).

:D Thought I'd double check that (as I recalled black and pink BG66UM as well) and I actually see "green" listed at MBS :eek:

Got a closeup pick with a blank A4 paper behind it? Found a pic of the JP (colour code 028)

DSC01599.JPG

#137 demolidor, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  18. maxp74

maxp74 Regular Member

Architect
    There wasn't but now there is. Check Shuttle House or MyBadmintonstore. Orange is available as well.

19. visor

visor Regular Member

20. maxp74

maxp74 Regular Member

Architect
    I can do that later today. it is the same green as in the stripes on the NR900.