Yonex Nanoflare 800 (End Aug 2019 release)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by esppy, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Nate1121

Nate1121 Regular Member

Yeah I agree, I do think the nanoflare 700 would be best suited for you.i don’t think the nanoflare 800 is extra stiff however, I feel it’s just a bit more stiff than the nanoflare 700.stiffness not compared to the z strike, zstrike being stiffer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Primay

Primay Regular Member

Car Expert
    If anyone wants a NF 800 but can't afford it or is too scared to break it go for the nanoflare 380 sharp it is compact frame,stiff,ultra slim shaft,same frame width ,same weight categories

#462 Primay, Jan 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    insanity and Sainttoo like this.
  3. Vincent604

Vincent604 Regular Member

It is 100% not extra stiff. Compared with Duora Z which actually is extra stiff you can tell a huge flex difference.

Sainttoo likes this.
  4. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

nf800 is stiffer than most stiff rackets of yonex I think. It sucks that yonex does not have any scale.

Yea, compare to duora z or nanoray z speed, it is not stiff, but I feel like it is stiffer than astrox 88d/s for example imo. So, can we say that it is between stiff and extra stiff? :D

5. Primay

Primay Regular Member

Car Expert
    Can anyone please compare nf800 4u with nanoray 900 3u

6. Primay

Primay Regular Member

Car Expert
    double post*

7. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

I own the 3U nanoflare 800. Just a quick post; this racket is pretty underrated for what it's got. It deserves to be considered alongside near one of the greatest rackets.
    My ratings are relative to other top end rackets, so this isn't an absolute scale.

Power: 1.5/10:
    Given ample time, it hits marginally harder than the 3U nanoray 900 probably owing to the smaller frame. Sadly I cannot hit smashes with this racket. Any baseline high lift and no amount of my variation of sliced smashes, full powered jump smashes and fast/slow drops were going anywhere against decent opposition (people who have won AMD). I am relatively weak and play at the front, but for a physical player, this may not be an issue. The 3U Jetspeed 10 is better here.

Speed: 10/10
    Arguably even faster than the 3U Jetspeed 10. Yonex has done an amazing job on this.

Drives: 9/10
    The one point off comes from the racket being smaller and the lack of power the racket seems to be able to generate on drives. Still amazingly fast though. The stiffness helps as well with the drives.

Defense: 9/10
    Pretty darn good defense. The racket stiffness allows controlling shots much easier. The fast frame gives you more time to swing than other rackets, so what more can you ask for?

Durability: 2/10
    My racket hasn't broken, but I have heard stories about the 28/29 lb tension limit only being realistic assuming the racket has never taken clashes. This is better than the nanoray 900 but is still a cause for concern. With such a thin and small frame, it's already a significant improvement on the tension limit.

Conclusion: This racket would be amongst one of the best if it weren't for the slight lack of power to be fully competitive. Only recommended for people who already have a huge smash naturally for men's doubles. I suspect this racket is perfectly fine for mixed doubles.

BadSID likes this.
  8. Primay

Primay Regular Member

Car Expert
    Thanks

9. Primay

Primay Regular Member

Car Expert
    I would probably choose nanoray 900 because of better smashes and its tensions are better it can survive 28 lbs 4 more than recommended

10. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

Damn, it is sad to see 1.5/10 on smash... nf800 became my main racket and I would smash is almost around 7 for me, while all points given for others remain same. Out of curiosity, how long have you been playing with nf800? I am just sad to hear that :D because the power this racket can generate amazed me with given speed.

Father Parrot likes this.
  11. Gomit

Gomit Regular Member

i
    power 1.5/10?? wow...haha
    i used nf800 for 3weeks now and i smash my hardest smash in my life with it.
    control and defense is a bit difficult because of the head weight. too much speed for me.

just bought the yonex power balance to put a little bit weight on the head,maybe somewhere near js10 or arc11 or d10. haha

#471 Gomit, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    Sainttoo likes this.
  12. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

I have been using 4u version of this racket. Yesterday, I got 3u and played with it for 3 hours. It s just amazing. I can smash very hard with it. You can feel that punch that delivers a big bomb. 3u version is definitely great and perfectly viable in singles as well. In doubles, front court player still can feel comfortable with 3u I think, but 4u would be more nimble for sure.
    3u nf800 as powerful as 4u very head heavy racket and much faster, so it can replace 4u head heavy rackets imo. But if a player can utilize 3u head heavy racket and happy with it, it would be difficult to reach same power level with nf800 but definitely would add lots of speed if switched to it.

13. Zaphod

Zaphod Regular Member

I really feel that's tihs is a good racket, but its price is really high. Do you knwo any close rackets who would go below 100€?

14. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Nope. Frankly there's nothing quite like it. I dare to say this considering it's my main racket and I own 4 pieces and counting.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

15. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

I m not sure but you may check nf380 sharp

16. visor

visor Regular Member

But smash of 1.5/10 from xiaoqiao?

Sent from my SM-G965W using

17. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    But who actually took that only part of the review seriously?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

18. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

Smash is really really good for me. So, it is probably style issue

19. Zaphod

Zaphod Regular Member

Its still 140€ for a lower nanoflare 800 ^^

20. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

This 1.5/10 rating is scaled relative to other top end rackets. There's no point comparing to a beginner's racket because this racket would simply score 9-10/10 for every category. When every racket is scored like that, how are you going to tell the difference between a VTZFII and a nanoflare 800?

Top end rackets I consider are VTZFII, Jetspeed 10, bravesword 12, the astrox 88/99 etc. Of course this is going to score relatively lower compared to others.
    It packs enough punch for me to maintain an attack, but I am not able to score against good defense. I myself have never won AMD (apart from the time Tony carried my rear through the entire tournament), so take what you will with what I think about the smash. I'm pretty sure physically stronger players and more skilled players can do better with the racket than I.

Even my friend/coach took a while to break through us if we just sat there and lifted high. I may not be a very good player, but I doubt there's anyone in this forum that's a better player than my coach.

#480 xiaoqiao, Feb 23, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    visor likes this.