Yonex Nanoflare 700

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Scrench

Scrench Regular Member

Glad to hear a direct comparison between the 270 and 700. The AS90s sounds very good. Thank you! A shop is selling the 700 with strings of my choice for $200 including free shipping. So, NF700, Auraspeed 90s or Bravesword 12? Heard good things about an Apacs Virtuoso Performance, too. But the BS12 always seems to come up as pretty much the standard for an excellent, if not the best ever, doubles racket.

2. iAsianGuy

iAsianGuy Regular Member

Has anyone tried the NF700 or NF800 compared to the JS10? How does it compared to speed power, defense etc.

3. missclicked

missclicked Regular Member

wow... thanks for sharing your experience..

I was thinking on getting nf270, is the difference between power ceiling between nf270 and nf700 big ? the nf700 costs double of the nf270 at my place

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

4. LiteBulb

LiteBulb Regular Member

I feel slight resistance/drag during full smash. Drives and clear is fast. Just that every time I do a full smash, there is a drag as tho I am pulling I kite.

5. Scrench

Scrench Regular Member

So that "dragging a kite" feeling is only with the 270 on smashes, or is it slow elsewhere beside drives and clears? Do you feel any difference in head weight between the two? What negatives do you find with the 700?

6. LiteBulb

LiteBulb Regular Member

I am commenting solely on the 700. I dont have the 270.

7. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Sounds like it's too flexible for you

toy_cel likes this.
  8. LiteBulb

LiteBulb Regular Member

Is it? Is this how too flexible shaft feels? I dont think I am that strong to flex a shaft heheheh.

esppy likes this.
  9. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

no not big....still ok for casual play....the bigger problem was the overall not nice feeling of the racket n also more difficult to get full power with 270...n even with full power the shuttle goes slower than 700 ..

anyhoo if you're in the market for cheap racket you should get victor hypernano x 20 h....better in everything than 270 except frame strength n solidity upon shuttle impact

missclicked likes this.
  10. missclicked

thanks for the clarification, With that I can cross the nf270 from my personal list and go with the next one...

we never do stop buying/trying new racket isn't it?

How does a badminton player finds their end-game racket ?

11. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

Then they understand that racket does not make any significant difference :)...

LenaicM and missclicked like this.
  12. Scrench

Scrench Regular Member

Exactly! If you had spent as much time practicing as you did in pursuit of the magic racket, you would be much better off. As I asked in another thread, how many missed points can you actually blame on your racket? Probably 3% or less, which in a game to 21, isn't even a single point.

13. llrr

llrr Regular Member

A flexible shaft will make the racquet feel like it's lagging behind. If you feel this then try a racquet with a stiffer shaft and see if you still experience it.

14. Scrench

Scrench Regular Member

But I like a shaft with a little flex in it to give more power into the shot, but not enough to cause lag in fast drive exchanges. To each his own..........

15. LiteBulb

LiteBulb Regular Member

I dont experience this with my 88s. All these while I thought it was the wide frame of the 700 that was causing the drag.

SaxoProf likes this.
  16. adrd2

adrd2 Regular Member

student
    I own both Nanoflare 270 and 700. And I prefer the 270. 270 is a little lighter (comparing 4U versions). It's a lot faster, which is something I think is important in a light racket. The defense is better too. And with the smash there's honestly not much difference, if anything think i get a faster smash out of the 270. Neither are amazing at smashes, just decent. I think it's probably the material that they use in the 700, it makes it way slower compared to the 270.

Maybe the "dragging the kite" feeling refers more to the shaft. It is more flexible and thus perhaps does lag a bit more than a stiff shaft. But the actual head of the racket moves quicker than the 700 IMO, and I can move the racket to shots quicker.

The thing the Nanoflare 700 has is a bit better control, probably due to the stiffer shaft. I prefer it at the net. I can hit a more pinpoint clear with the 700 too. Clearing with both is easy, just more accuracy with the 700.

Not only is it cheaper, I think the 270 is a better allround racket. 700 is still a good racket though.

#336 adrd2, Dec 6, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  17. missclicked

Thanks for submitting the input. Really informative.

With this I can see why the NF270 is sold out in most online badminton shops in Malaysia.

18. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Very good info. I am considering getting this myself for fun since I already have 3 NF700s.

Just curious if you weighed the difference between the 270 and 700 in which you feel the light difference. The reason I ask since the 4U is a weight range. For instance my NF700 4UG5 (JP coded) which was weighed on Victor racket scale weight in very close to 85g which it would be in 3U's weight range.

#338 Matt, Dec 9, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  19. OveRHeaDCleaR

OveRHeaDCleaR New Member

Hi All,

Here's a video review of this racquet for those interested:

20. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Or when you full smash, it always feel like you're needing to adjust to the timing of the contact point, getting the feeling the head is always unable to catch up with your swing.

Sounds like NF800 or the future 900 for you then, lol

Anyway, now enjoying a stint on the NF700 red 4ug5. Very nice. Fast swing, nice wrist snap placement and all. Just hardly any bite in my smash haahahah

#340 esppy, Jan 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020