Yonex Nanoflare 700

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Tomandar Binanga

Tomandar Binanga New Member

Last night, using nf700, I myself sometimes amazed that I can pull off one or two difficult shots.
    Reminds me to my once favorite, Victor TK6000.
    I replaced the broken tk6000, with tk9900. Didn't know it would be that different. I needed to change my style of play using it.

Sent from my MIX 3 using Tapatalk

2. BadBadmintonPlayer

BadBadmintonPlayer Regular Member

JS12: 1cm
    NR750: 1cm
    Astrox77: 0,9cm
    Nanoflare700: 1,25cm

That's really a big difference when you look at the rackets together.

3. BadBadmintonPlayer

My first impression after 2 hours of play:

Nanoflare 700 4u:
    Balance Point: 295mm (without string, factory grip)
    Balance Point: 300mm (BG66UM, factory grip)

Look is very good, but I'd classify him in the "even balanced" category. Feeling is much better than Nanoray750 and i like the feeling of the racket from the first minute on. That also explains why the racket has power and can be used in singles, too. Smash and drop is good, defense, net play, attack clear and drive very good. I'm going to use the racket for doubles, mixed and singles instead of the Astrox77 4u.

In summary, I think the racket is a good all-rounder without weaknesses.

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

The only thing I still can't get my head around are those 35 g head weight. That would be ridiculously low (as reference JS10 is at ~39 g which is already very light). Can anyone else confirm that measurement?

5. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    35g is VTFB 6U territory. Can't imagine to play anything lighter than 39g.

s_mair likes this.
  6. BadBadmintonPlayer

And there is an lighter 5u version from Nanoflare 700...

some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#186 BadBadmintonPlayer, Mar 29, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    visor, justplaynow77 and s_mair like this.
  7. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    This was with stock grip, measured in the same way as usual.

While there is a 5U version, doesn't necessarily mean the head is lighter, they could have made the shaft less solid to compensate.

If anyone else with 4U wants to weigh, that'd be helpful. Could be my scales are off.

8. BadBadmintonPlayer

Whats the balance point on your racket?

9. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Not sure in mm, it's about 1.5cm below the 0 in 700.

10. justplaynow77

justplaynow77 Regular Member

How about BP? Did you get 285 like I did? I use standard tacky grip (original replaced, cushion wrapped used 2-3 wraps) and BG Ultimax 66.

By the way yes, your review is spot on. This racket is going to be the standard definition of an all rounder, with more edge on the speed area and quite easy to "command" even for my so-so level of play.

I used to leave Yonex rackets for awhile and go to a different brand due to that brand's exceptional feel, power, and playability for an old beginner like myself (or due to Yonex's lack of those, i suppose), and I guess now I am back :p

11. justplaynow77

justplaynow77 Regular Member

Hmm.. your BP is quite different than mine... I use BG66UM with grip replacement (and some cushion wraps) and got 285.

12. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    With stock grip, I'm in a similar place. About 300. Doesn't feel it. Still feels more all-round.

Headweight (re-measured) still came up with 35g. Perfectly willing to accept my scales being wrong if someone measures and finds differently. I'm scratching my head a little at a 300bp, 85g total weight, and 35g headweight.

13. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Jup, those numbers don't match up. At all.

#193 s_mair, Mar 29, 2019
    ucantseeme likes this.
  14. BadBadmintonPlayer

Another grip and/or overgrip can explain that. Thats normal.

Nanoflare (factory grip, yonex overgrip, BG66UM) BP: 292mm
    Astrox77 (factory grip, yonex overgrip, BG66UM) BP: 296mm

It feels like more than that. I would have estimated 20mm difference. I don't think the 35g is right, but I can't measure it here either. Maybe the Nanoflare also has more weight in the lower part of the racket head?

#194 BadBadmintonPlayer, Mar 29, 2019
  15. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    I think so, but doesn't feel like it's just the T-joint. Maybe it's quite evenly spread across the T-area from 4-8 o'clock?

Anyway, what string do people think/want me to try next on the NF700?
    BG80
    Li Ning No.1
    Li Ning No.5
    BG66F
    NBG99
    BG ABBT

16. BadBadmintonPlayer

Hmm...
    [​IMG]

Pls try BG66 Force on Nanoflare700 :)

17. Dhandapani

Dhandapani Regular Member

Nanoflare 700 is good or Duora Z strike is good

18. BadBadmintonPlayer

Nanoflare 700 is good AND Duora Z Strike is good. But they are two completely different rackets.

19. Dhandapani

Dhandapani Regular Member

From z strike now I am using Astrox 99 4u G5 and I feel very heavy so I am planning to switch again to Z strike
    New launch Nanoflare 700 felt light weight so it is good for smash and drive ?

20. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Ok, so tried it out for a second time today. Directly compared against the N7-II (with No.1) and an AX 77 (with Aerosonic).

My opinion is somewhat unchanged. The NF700 is a really strong all rounder. It's notably easier at the net than the N7 or AX 77, just by virtue of being lighter. Much easier in round-the-ear positions as a result.

While my smashes were stronger with the AX-77 and N7-II, it wasn't so much a night and day issue: my NF700 smashes didn't feel pathetic and puny (as I'd found with rackets like the Arc FB). So the trade-off here is how good badly positioned smashes (when the shuttle is passing you and you still want to hit downwards) compared to how good your full blown power smash will be. It must be noted that with lighter rackets in the past, I've found those out of place smashes quite pointless, literally; they lacked enough bite and power to really be worth it. That's not the case here with the NF700. Out of place smashes still had enough oomph.

Net control still has good feel and control. I sometimes find with rackets that lack headweight, that it can be very difficult to judge how hard to contact the shuttle to get a good net reply. Mind you, I did find this more of an issue towards the mid-court, where hitting just hard enough for a net block was a little more difficult. Lift and drive returns were comparably easy.

I'm hoping this isn't a honeymoon period, and the racket will continue to be a very good all-rounder. I can't imagine using this in 5U. A 3U version would be very meaty, and perhaps miss the point. While people are protesting there should be a 3U version, it would quite likely be hard to use. I think a 4U is actually a very sensible choice for the racket.

So who would I recommend this to? Maybe not Nanoray users. They want the best in speedy rackets, and this isn't the speediest. It's weightier in the head than most Nanorays, seeming to follow more the philosophy of the Z Speed - a fast racket with some headweight. So.. Former Arcsaber users? Yes. The Duora rackets felt numb by comparison, this fixes the issue. People that liked the less extreme Voltrics such as the 5 and 7? Yes.

I think it'd be very interesting to hear from people that:
    1) Liked the Nanospeed rackets (such as the 7000 and 9900 - I think this is your ballpark)
    2) People that liked the Armortech 900T
    3) People that liked the JS10
    4) People that liked the PP Titan
    5) People that like the Astrox 88S

Do I think this racket warrants its current price point? ..Nah. It's too expensive where it sits, in my opinion. Do I feel like I got more racket than something crazy solid like a ZF2? Not especially. It is a very comfortable all-rounder, and one to look at in the future as prices drop.

So.. the Nanoflare seem to be looking to shape up like the Z Speed in terms of design ideas. Less aerodynamic, a bit of head weight, but an overall more balanced racket than the super headlights/aerodynamics such as Nanoray 750. (I'm not saying the NF700 is like the Z-Speed play-wise, just that the ideas behind making the Z-Speed seem to have been translated here, they feel very different to hit with.) Still wondering what string to try next. 66F has been proposed.

Edit: The glue they use on the base grip is still god damn awful to get off.

#200 Charlie-SWUK, Mar 30, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    Swat, Khamenman, endFX and 5 others like this.