Yonex FRENCH Open 2018 : Round of 32-Final (23-28 October)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

lol. I wouldnt call it a revenge coz HanZhou didnt (even) win the title and H2H is equal. Sports of badminton, nothing to revenge about :)

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Momota and CTC, obviously they lost due to fatigue. What's there to be analyse? I haven't watched CL vs KM match, but looks like CL meant business, looking from the scoreline. I missed many matches because of the different timezone and my quota is thinning :(:(

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I said 'in the end' after all the other aspects were played out before that became decisive.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Right, Chen Long simply outplayed Momota this time, no question about that. What happened in G2 was totally unexpected and almost unthinkable considering Chen Long has been struggling to regain his form until this tournament. I mean the score, 21-8 against the hotshot player at the moment is unbelievable if I hadn't watched it, so much so I could only suppose something must be wrong with Momota in G2 and,offhand,I could only put it down to accumulated fatigue as he didn't look injured to me.

Let's hear what Momota has to say post-match.

As for HBJ, yes, she has other issues but those are minor to me compared with her physicality constraint which alone constitute about 90% of her problems. Based on the Pareto principle, the 80/20 rule, I'd concentrate on improving her physique considerably, and, I believe, her remaining issues like inconsistency, proneness to errors, mental strength or lack thereof, will be minimized as they could be mutually related. I repeat, just resolving that one deficiency in physicality of hers and I'm pretty sure her game is raised another level, enough to pose a serious threat to the top 2 or 3 for preeminence. That's just my opinion.

Didn't TTY herself in her younger days suffered from marked inconsistency, error-proneness, and, worse, in addition to withdrawing from tournaments a number of times due to unfitness or illness or something related to it (I don't remember the details now)? And, in recent years, once she worked earnestly on developing her impressive physique, her six-pack body, everything falls into place, and she becomes what she is today.

#764 Justin L, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    LenaicM likes this.
  5. minions

minions Regular Member

The final round will start at 1 PM local time. Starting from today, Daylight Saving Time (DST) will not apply in Paris. So, Paris will gone back to GMT+1 instead of GMT+2. For Indonesians who live in Sumatra and Java, you can start to watch at 7 PM.

Nguyễn Việt Chiến and ebcd like this.
  6. TheAhlang

TheAhlang Regular Member

He said he was tired.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes, I just read it, he said he's tired and that Chen Long played very well.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

And Chen Long, post-match, attributed his victory over Momota to being able to stay more focused than previous tournaments and having the increasing desire to succeed.

9. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

Thanks for the information,
    The XD match better be a quick one :p

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Going by their respective routes to the final, Shi Yuqi's record is more impressive than Chen Long's, winning all his matches en route to the final in two convincing straight sets, better than Chen Long's who needed three sets to take out Jonatan Christie.

Yeah, SYQ avoided KM, probably a more tricky opponent than Chen Long whose game he is more familiar with and has not much to lose to and , therefore, can play freely against.

As the two contestants are left to their own devices for being of the same nationality as is the practice, we'll see who can come out with the right gameplan or is the better player of the day.

I think the edge may be with SYQ as CL is not a very smart player and his game is known inside out by the younger man who is also in fine form here. I wonder if CL is able to come up with something different on his own or whether he's able to probe for any weaknesses in SYQ's game but that, again, isn't something he's capable of as he tended to rely very much on his remarkable physicality and defensive prowess coupled with sharp counterattacking skill to overpower his opponents most of the time.

It should be a treat to watch and I'm waiting to see if Chen Long is finally returning to form for beating Kento Momota in masterful manner. In other words, Chen Long has to be consistent to be convincing, like everyone else.

11. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    European Tour is the best for me haha. Asian times is too early sometimes, I need to wake up 6 AM to catch the match

12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Good for you then:). I have to stay up all night to watch everything because it usually starts at 10 or 11 pm my time. No can do. But I will try to stay up for the final tonight at least for minions match. Don't think I can wait till the last two.

13. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    Last match yesterday (AY vs HB) finish after 9 PM here. I just watched it out of boredom. But glad I did, one of the best match so far. the crowd are loving it

14. minions

minions Regular Member

The first final match is about to begin. Prepare yourself.

15. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    the Koreans are quite fast aren't they?

16. wade

wade Regular Member

chae yoo jung has much better defense compared to arisa higashino yesterday.

17. minions

minions Regular Member

Seo/Chae are doing good so far.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Somehow I feel that ZSW/HYQ are not at their best here despite winning all their matches in two straight sets so far. I think the KOR pair, Seo/Chae, do have their chances.

19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Zhang Jun's content face "That new BK menu was magnifique!"

samkool likes this.
  20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Seo/Chae are on fire, riding high