Yonex European Champinships 2010 Day 3 (Quarter Finals)

Discussion in 'Asian / European Championships 2010' started by LD rules!, Apr 15, 2010.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

The European Championships have reached the quarter finals stage, all competitiors left will be looking for that Semi final place, a few upsets have already taken place, some predictions for tomorrow:
    Mens Singles
    Peter Gade is up against, Carl Baxterfor a place in the SF, after surviving a scare against his Estonian Oponnent on Thursday
    Marc Zwiebler of Germany is up against Dicky Palyama, Marc had an easy game, after his opponent Andrew Smith retired at 13-5, Dicky on the otherhand had a tough three game match, against Matthieu Lo Ying Ping
    Scott Evans will be up against Rajiv Ouseph Evans has been in great form knocking out Eric Pang (7) in the first round In two games, Ouseph has also been in good form but had a tough three game match agains Ville Lang in the last round.
    Finally for Mens singles, An all Danish match, between Joachim Persson and Jan Ø. Jørgensen this should be interesting, as they both playing not at their best, Joachim struggled today, and Jan struggled yesterday, so it's going to be interesting.
    My predictions for mens singles:
    Peter Gade vs Carl Baxter 21-12 21-10
    Marc Zwiebler vs Dicky Palyama 21-15 21-14
    Scott Evans vs Rajiv Ouseph 21-11 18-21 21-16 this will be the shock of the day
    Jan Ø. Jørgensen vs Joachim Persson 21-17 21-19
    When I have more time I will do WS, XD, MD, and WD but busy just now

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

First match starts tonight at 6pm UK time, Mixed doubles on court first.

3. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Lack of interest is probably due to lack of Asian viewers as they are all focused on the Badminton Asia Championships :rolleyes:

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Perhaps many of the european baddy fans are following this but they do not post;)

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

no idea, but I can me bothered doing my predictitions for the rest of the QF. You will just have to make do with Mens singles