Yonex DENMARK SS Premier 2015 : FINALS (18th October 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex Dutch Open / Yonex Denmark Open 2015' started by CLELY, Oct 17, 2015.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

[​IMG]

Venue
    : Odense Sports Park, Odense-DEN

Total prize-money : US$650,000

Tournament website : http://www.badmintondenmark.com/cms/?cmsid=133&
    pageid=1493

BWF Superseries website : http://bwfworldsuperseries.com/tourn...ark-open/?uc=1

DEN time : http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wt...ma=Find%20Time

BWF YouTube channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/bwf

Alternative Live Streaming :
    -
    http://livestream.com/bwfbadminton/sspodense2015court2
    -
    http://videostream.dn.ua/videopage/v...%96f%E2%84%96f

FINALS
    (12.30pm local time) : http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...410764-3F53-4BE8-9FCF-51A92DC74D74&d=20151018

Sindhu sinks World Champion, heartbreak for the host

No happy ending story for home fans as all their shuttlers failed to reach final round yesteday, China has 4 final berth, folllowed by Korea (3), Indonesia (2) and 1 slot goes to India.

XD, Ko Sung Hyun/Kim Ha Na (KOR) v Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir (INA)
    Head-to-head stats : 2-3
    The 7th seed Korean pair shows they're capable to beat any pair as they did superbly to cope home favourite Fischer/Pedersen in straight-sets. After their painful losing in Sudirman Cup semifinal against Japan, Ko SH/Kim HN seems well improved, particularly their defense department. A third final in Superseries tournament for former world champion Ahmad/Natsir in this year as they lost to Zhang N/Zhao YL in All England and Korea Open. Last year beaten finalist, Indonesian pair has slight advantage to prevail but they should be wary to Korean darkhorse.

WD, Jung Kyung Eun/Shin Seung Chan (KOR) v Tian Qing/Zhao Yunlei (CHN)
    H-2-H : 0-1
    It will be daunting task for Korean relatively new combination Jung KE/Shin SC to topple reigning World and Olympic Champion Tian Q/Zhao YL. The Chinese pair is still solid despite only participated two tournaments in 2015 with good result, semifinalist in All England and gold medal at Jakarta World Championships. No doubt, Tian/Zhao is trump card for China as their compatriots have quite vulnerable performance against foreign pairs so far.

MD, Lee Yong Dae/Yoo Yeon Seong (KOR) v Liu Cheng/Lu Kai (CHN)
    H-2-H : 1-0
    China new sensation, Liu C/Lu K performance is beyond expectation here to knock out two high profile pairs en route to last round, recent world champion Ahsan/Setiawan and local hero Boe/Mogensen. Today they will challenge Korean top ranked Lee YD/Yoo YS who indicating in good shape considering their smooth run at previous rounds including to knock out Fu HF/Zhang N yesterday in quick duration match. We'll see whether the nothing to lose Liu/Lu could turn the table against highly favoured Lee YD/Yoo YS.

WS, Li Xuerui (CHN) v P.V. Sindhu (IND)
    H-2-H : 2-2
    Second final for Li XR in this season of Superseries installment after MAS SS Premier last April. She will up against Indian rising star Sindhu who defied all odds to knock out world champion Carolina Marin superbly at last four. Sindhu won their last meeting at current World Championships quarterfinal, this tie possibly will be tight contest and equal chance for both players to top podium. Denmark Open is last tournament that won by Li XR, exactly a year ago then injury hampered the Olympic Champion to produce brilliant feat. Chinese WS only won 1 Superseries title so far in this season through Sun Yu at SIN Open, a wake up call towards Rio Games 2016.

MS, Chen Long (CHN) v Tommy Sugiarto (INA)
    H-2-H : 7-1
    The resurgent Tommy Sugiarto cruises to final after stunned three seeded players at previous rounds, 5th seed Srikanth, 2nd seed Jorgensen and 7th seed Chou Tien Chen, all in two games and indicates he will pose dangerous threat for defending champion Chen Long who's pushed into the limit by fast developed Viktor Axelsen in last four. Two-time world champion looks not in his top form during this tournament as he also dropped first game against the resilient HKG player Wei Nan earlier. It's gonna be interesting clash to close final match this evening, last meeting of these two players was Copenhagen WC semifinal last year.

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    All the matches are exciting except WD.
    MS : Will Tommy win his first SSP? Go Tommy.

3. syntaxerror

syntaxerror Regular Member

CL not at his best but I don't think TS will pose more of a challenge than VA yesterday.

4. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Final Match Predictions:

KSH/KHN vs TA/LN -> KSH/KHN

JKE/SSC vs TQ/ZYL -> TQ/ZYL

LYYS vs LC/LK -> LC/LK

LXR vs PVS -> PVS

CL vs TS -> TS

5. syntaxerror

You seem to like predicting upsets haha.

Would be interesting to see if LC/LK can beat the Korean pair. New partners for this tournament (i think) and already getting quite a bit of success. Might go to Rio if they continue this form.

6. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    wow, no Yonex players (except Tommy) made it to the finals... this is supposed to be one of the major Yonex events of the year.

7. Nine Tailed Fox

So,is it one of the contract obligation for a Yonex player to reach finals of a Yonex event??? The main point everyone should be making is that no DENMARK player reached the FINALS even after their Badminton Association hired Gymnastic coach for agility,psychologist,,,trained with pulse measuring devices etc..etc...what an unfortunate situation for the fans as they won't have any local player for whom they can blow the roof

#7 Nine Tailed Fox, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  8. Nine Tailed Fox

The reaction you give when you realise that today's MS Finale will be the first round clash in French Open SS:

cbcg.jpg

9. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    TA/LN
    TQ/ZYL
    LYD/YYS
    CL
    PVS my predictions

10. lhj88

lhj88 Regular Member

-

Wow suprised that you thought LC/LK can beat LYYS. Especially when LYYS are in hot form now. But you never know

11. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Lol!! TS actually won every match significantly denying all the odds still I believe it'll be a lop sided match

12. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Sin is IN

I have a strange feeling, intuition maybe that the lil kid will win her biggest title today. Nice way to celebrate coming out of teens.

Will she enter top 10 with a win??

P.S. :-- plz tag me while replying coz I will be busy with DP organizing and won't check the complete thread today.

13. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    @ Fan123 I think she'll win but then she won't get in top 10 as of now!! The ranking points diff is a lil too much for one tourney moreover she was also QF last year

14. K_a_d_e

K_a_d_e Regular Member

Worker
    even i want TS to win but i think i will be very very hard for him to win this one , but again in sports everything is possible, i just hope it will be great fight from both of them.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

LXR's weakness, her tendency to melt down when it mattered, is well-documented. She is a typical case of one being her own worst enemy, so I won't be the least bit surprised if she screws up again in trying too hard to end her title drought this year and letting her nerves get into her.

Yes,I can't help being pessimistic about her, there are just too many precedents.True she was exceptional in beating the in-form Sung JH yesterday and displayed unusual composure,surprisingly, but that's because it's not yet the final where she is known to be most vulnerable, extremely tense, self-conscious, and subjecting herself to all sorts of self-induced crippling pressure. For sure I won't be holding my breath.

16. Nine Tailed Fox

I have a feeling Tommy Sugiarto will play the best badminton of his life today and register his first SSP title.

17. syntaxerror

Even during yesterdays win we saw her choke in the second game. She's has an incredibly weak mentality so needs to get out guns blazing from the beginning, and not let PV Sindhu back in.

18. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Its exactly same for PV I know she has done extremely well in denying the near invincible CM in g3 coming from behind.. But I still fear a lil as we all saw how unsure she herself is especially when it comes to gp... She let WYH almost catch her by saving all the GPz.. She has better pace and momentum but LXR is more skilled and experience should be a hell of a match.. Hope for the best

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Exactly, she was well in the lead , 15-8, in G2 before losing her way, 19-17, 20-19, and suddenly lost the next three pts, 20-22. Her inner belief is sorely lacking, after so many hard knocks over the years, I still have no idea when she can overcome her Achilles' Heel, which is such a shame as I believe she has what it takes to be the dominant WS player.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Not quite the same, PVS is no LXR.