Yonex DENMARK Open SS Premier 2015 : SEMIFINALS (17th October 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex Dutch Open / Yonex Denmark Open 2015' started by CLELY, Oct 16, 2015.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    China (and particularly Xi Jinping) has no interest in adapting to international standards (eg, speaking English, the IMF/World Bank).

Xi Jinping will create a new order (eg, AIIB) and ask others to join.

I believe Xi Jinping will create a soccer organization to replace FIFA within one year (since FIFA will probably destroy itself soon with the help of the FBI).

For more details, read "When China Rules the World: The End of the Western World and the Birth of a New Global Order: Second Edition".

http://www.amazon.com/When-China-Rules-World-Western/dp/0143118005

2. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Well, maybe in a more or less distant futur, that world will come to existence. I myself don't oppose it, as I leant Chinese much before it became trendy! But for now, alas, the world is as it is!
    But like I said, asking the players to learn english is not bad for them, on the contrary.
    I agree with Justin Kaufman is pleasant and his voice and intonation very suitable. If a technician like Steen could accompany him it could make something nice for part of the year (but not for all tourneys) . In fact, two at the microphone is so much better then just one.

#202 renbo, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  3. renbo

renbo Regular Member

For all the head of States mentioned, if is all empty arguments, out of reality. They represent their States, of course they don't want to use English when they speak officially.
    But this is the realm of diplomatic relations, which outside the formal encounters between head of States, works anyway in English.
    If you want to go study or work abroad, English is the most useful tool you can get. If you don't see that, there is not much I can do for you.
    This does not mean other languages disappear. Your reasoning is too simple and do not reflect our present linguistic and cultural state.
    As for mandarin being better understood in 100 years, I wonder why I should trust you? Are you a magician?

4. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    A couple of my friends went to Germany for studying and working. I wonder, what help their impeccable English is to them.

About magic, Latin was lingua franca of non Italian Europe in early CE and even in Turkey and Egypt. Persian was well understood in India and even Mongols and Turks learnt it in the 1500s-1700s. English, French and Castillan spread with the threee empires (and even Portuguese in Brazil and some enclaves, including areas now in big (pun intended) countries like China and India).
    It doesn't really require a crystal ball to see where the wind is blowing.

Kevin Rudd, ex-PM of Australia learnt fluent Mandarin because the Chinese Mandarins (I mean the bureaucrats here not the language) never succeeded in learning usable English despite their best efforts.

Its not that people in China do not try to learn English. But unfortunately, due to lack of opportunity to practice, most only manage to read and write and not actually converse.