Yonex Boron 2

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Andrew Cosgrove, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Andrew Cosgrove

Andrew Cosgrove New Member

Hi all, I used to play a bit of badminton at school back in the early 90's and have recently unearthed a Yonex Boron 2 which still looks in good condition, bar a restring.

Just started playing casually again with my two boys and my question(s): is it a good racket? too good for casual play? If it had a value I'd probably sell it and purchase a modern racket but I have no idea if it is vintage or has a resale value. Anyone know?

Many thanks for any advice.

2. ojayz

ojayz Regular Member

Academic
    Yonex Boron? I thought Boron is a Kennex brand... any pictures of them?
    :D

3. BadmintonFun

BadmintonFun New Member

Wow. Boron 2 was a very old model from Yonex. I recall it was a black heavy racket and expensive, where student like me can only afford Carbonex 8. You should keep it as collection.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Yes. It’s vintage.

I wouldn’t mind buying it as two of my favourite players used it and I never got to try it out.

However, unsure if other people would want it without that same feeling. There are other old racquets which people won’t pay more for but were more popular.

5. Andrew Cosgrove

Here's a pic before I sent it for restringing. I just wanted a decent racquet for casual play, but if it's a vintage maybe someone would get better appreciation of ownership of it?

Attached Files:

6. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    The boron 2 was one of the best racquets in its time (early 90's) but it wouldn't hold a candle to a modern racquet as technology has moved on quite a bit now. I'd suggest you keep it in good condition (cut and remove all the strings to take the stress off the frame) and sell it for a modern racquet if you are looking to get back into playing. I'm a collector and already have a Boron 2 but might be interested in buying it if you can't sell it. I'd suggest you try the For Sale section on here as there are a few collectors who might also be interested. Hope this helps.

7. Andrew Cosgrove

Thank you for your reply. Would you know what a fair price would be? Very little sign if wear on it.