Yonex BG68 Ti

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by mms6a, Feb 10, 2012.

1. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    Best strings I ever used. Strung this onto my MusclePower 99 at 25 LBS, and OMFG... Ultimate POWER and CONTROL

The hitting sound is also quite good. (Sounds better with feather lol)

My other racket ArcSaber 5DX is strung with BG66 Ultimax at 24 LBS feels a bit spongy, and the smashes do not have as much power. SOMETIMES, even the smash is extremely fast, I just can't get that proud smash feel when the bird come in contact with the strings. Control with this string is very good though.

I also tried the BG80 on my Voltric 60 at 24 LBS. Well, the VT-60 is head heavy, I can smash pretty good with it. But this string DEFINITELY lack control.... The feel is alright, sometimes smash too hard and can feel a bit of vibration (pretty sure it is the string, not the racket lol)

Of course, I also have the standard BG65 on my MusclePower 21 at 23 LBS. MP-21 is a head light with a medium flex shaft. Power is so so especially if you are more of an arm player. If you use wrist more, power is fairly good. Control seems good, but not excellent. Hitting sound is average though.

That is just my 2 cents on the strings I have used...

For me Yonex BG68 Ti is the best string I have used to date...

Will probably try NBG-98, but it is kinda expensive lol..

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Before you make such experiments and analyses, please use exactly the SAME racquet AND string tension/type combination.

Your review is full of different string and racquets (each of totally different stiffness, feel and design) combination at different tensions. The only scientific conclusion out of your review is MP99 plus BG68Ti at 25lbs suits you the best. You have also yet tried all the other combinations with your each of your racquets which shows you have limited proof that BG68Ti is really the best.

3. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    Lol you are so true...

Kinda tight on the budget to try different combos on all my rackets lol

Stringing labour and strings are pretty costly here in Canada... ( I do not string my own rackets. I take my rackets to MaxSports to get stringed and usually around $25 CDN to string a racket)...

Apparently the BG68 Ti is pretty good on the APACS Slayer 99 as well. (I bought this racket used off a BCer last week, the tension of the racket is supposed to be 24 LBS, but probably at 22 LBS now since according to the seller it was strung a few months ago..)

Also purchased used APACS Lurid Power 22 used from the same BCer with BG80 around 24 LBS probably now at 22 or 21 LBS, and I do not like the string that much. For some reason, this string is lacking in some power and control on the Lurid Power 22.. Probably going to try a BG66 or BG66 Ultimax on this

I also purchased a brand new APACS Tantrum 500 Internation from APACS Canada a few months ago. I have yet to string it. The new racket is sitting in my bag for the time being. I am pretty satisfied with my Yonex rackets and the APACS Slayer 99... Will worry about my other Yonex rackets strings (PARTICULARLY my Voltric 60 and the APACS Lurid Power 22 since I DO NOT LIKE THE FEEL of these strings AT ALL!!)

4. aznb3n

aznb3n Regular Member

None
    please, if possibly.
    String your VT60/Lubrid with BG68ti@ x tension

Your pick, but let me know which one.

Im really curious about the performance.

5. Vincevt70

Vincevt70 Regular Member

Sales
    Consider BG70 pro as well. I've researched quite a bit before my NGB98 snapped. If you mainly play with nylon birds, having a thicker string would be better. I have a Voltric 70 and so far I've tried NGB98 and BG85 @ 24lbs. Both are thin strings. The NGB98 has a lot of power with good duribility. BG85 was better for control. I'm playing with the BG70pro now and it's been great so far in terms of both power and control. My smashes now echoes!

If you mainly play with feathers...NGB98 would be my first choice. BG70pro for plastic. I haven't tried other strings yet so I can't comment on it. I think BG70pro will last for a long time...and when it snaps...I'm sure I'll string it with the same string.

6. aznb3n

aznb3n Regular Member

None
    woho thanks. I was considering that string too.
    I was thinking betwee BG68Ti , BG80 or just BG70PRO
    BG68Ti, because i heard it makes big booms. you know, you can scare people with big booms hehe -evil laugh- Anyways,

i guess maybe Bg70pro is better, cuz i mostly play with nylon
    - not made out of money -

Hey, Vincevt70, how long did you have your strings? @what tension?
    Let me know when they snap alright? XD PM ME.
    btw, im talking about BG70pro.
    If it lasted more than... 3 months, lets say. Its going to be my new string.
    Btw, is the string " Slippery ? "
    Thanks!

7. pHysiX

pHysiX Regular Member

Law & Engineering, Legal Assistant
    I agree to an extent. I have tried many strings in my muscle power 21 at different tensions (birthday present so it is very sentinmental :D)BG65 @ 21lbs: decent feel, decent power, just normal soundBG65 @ 25lbs: control improved dramatically, feel felt better but not the best, sound is still normalMMOA @ 21lbs: poor in everything compared to the BG65. I was low on cash, so i guess i paid the price with cheap strings (more like i didnt pay :p)BG68Ti @ 25lbs: best feel and power ever! I feel very empowered with every smash, and clearing was very effortless with very nice sound.Yes i know my testing is inconsistent :( but as soon as i used 25lbs, i felt that it nailed it for the muscle power. String wise, the BG68Ti really makes me happy, but i think perhaps the BG66 Ultimax @ 25lbs would provide greater feel and even better control. As always, these r subjective. Im just really sad that i have to start again with my Arcsaber 10 :( im currently using BG68Ti at 24lbs on the AS10, and it just sucks. I've lost feel and control. Power is just decent/above average. Anyone think the BG66 Ultimax @ 25lbs would suit the AS10?

8. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    i think it's a good alternative for bg66 aand bg66ultimax as i also use both strings... but both of it are easily broken... for me bg68ti gives the same power as bg66 n bg66um, the different is just it's more durable...

9. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    Hitting sound is pretty loud as well

Also I tried NBG strings and they are pretty bad especiall for the price they sell for...

10. Tek Chuan Chin

Tek Chuan Chin New Member

Ok. My take on BG68ti at 26Ibs on Astrox 88d and Lining 9ii. My feel, the string is really hard on smashing, ie, all your smash power goes back to the shuttle. Like there are no absoprtion. On net shot, it is hard feeling as well, so the shuttle can stay a little big longer on your racket, giving better control and net play. Not though if your net depeneds on shuttle bounds off string quickly, then it may not suit your style. Receiving smash awesome as the shuttle stays longer at the string bed so you got more time to reflex or change racket swing direction. Definitely a replacement for bg66um. Last slightly longer than bg66um. 30-40% may be. And man, that smashing sound is really satisfying. And ya, definitely not soft feeling as said on the packet. Little slippery for sliding net play, but not significant. You can apply some racket grip or spray if you want it to be not thst slippery

#10 Tek Chuan Chin, Feb 15, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  11. Tek Chuan Chin

Tek Chuan Chin New Member

Get it up to 26Ibs, and wait for a week for tension to settle. Better still

12. RacketStringer

RacketStringer Regular Member

Retired Bank officer/ part time racquet stringer
    Apparently according to my Yonex authorised dealer, Yonex have just announced that they have discontinued BG68Ti from their range. This is a shame as a few of my regular customers always request that I string their racquets with it. I have just ordered a few packs but don't want to buy a whole reel so once it's gone it's gone and they will have to use something else. I would probably suggest either the tried and tested BG65Ti or the BG80 or BG80 Power. Yonex have added quite a few new strings to their range recently, Aerobite, Aerobite Boost, Aerosonic, Skyarc, Exbolt63 etc. so I guess that it was inevitable that one of the less popular strings would be axed from the range. However I have found that BG68Ti is well liked but the least popular Yonex strings (virtually no-one ever asks me for them) are the Nanogy strings. What do other stringers find is popular/unpopular?

alien9113 and yenyesoh like this.