Yonex BG66 Ultimax

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by brisac, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Soumyadeep Dhar

Soumyadeep Dhar New Member

Sir...I have a doubt....can I unstring my current racquet and use that d same string which was unstrung in another racquet??

2. Babar

Babar Regular Member

No you cannot

3. Soumyadeep Dhar

Soumyadeep Dhar New Member

OK... Tysm

4. Sianturi

Sianturi Regular Member

Damn! I thought I was the only one who feels this. I thought it was my arm! I really enjoyed this string. But after 3 months (once/week playing), the string feels dull and my racquet feels DEAD. I use the JP code string @ 24/26 lbs

5. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

You could switch to Li Ning No. 1. It's similar to UM but a little harder and much better tension retention. ;)

6. Mr.Defensor

Mr.Defensor Regular Member

Grab Car Driver
    [​IMG]

Just used for say about a month or so .......... that was unusual for me

Yup , Yonex Ultimax BG 66 @ 26 lbs

I really like it , lovely string .

Below i can show u BG 66 Force string

[​IMG]

tension lost a bit ..... but string still there , never peeled off like Ultimax , at 24 pounds .

7. Tec07

Tec07 Regular Member

Thread revival.. recently had my n9ii strung with bg66 regular at 23lbs and loved it was very happy, after they snapped i decided to try ultimax and notuced straight away it didnt seem to have the same repulsion feel as the regular 66 or atleast i dont think so anyway.. has anybody else found this to be the case?

8. ojayz

ojayz Regular Member

Academic
    I just want to share my personal experience using Yonex BG66 JP Code, because I'm very curious because a lot of people say the Ultimax is a very much improved version of BG66. My previous beloved and go-to string for me for the last 10 years is the good-old BG66.

I used it for the first time today's session for 5 matches, around 1.5 hours of total time, string it for 27 lbs in my Carbonex 20 Tour Special, 2U.

And the result is,,, oh well, I must say that the string don't meet my high expectation of it :D:D I payed around almost twice the price of the BG66 Ultimax JP compared to the ever-present BG66 SP :D:D Yeah I can feel the power, control, etc on the 66 Ultimax... but I don't see any difference compared to the normal 66. Even something worse is that I prefer the feel of the old BG 66 when hitting the birdie. Because of this, I promise myself to NEVER buy the BG 66 Ultimax again :D:D (of course unless next week/month will change my mind... I'll be waiting to break the Ultimax string).

Happy Badminton Everyone!
    :):)

9. ojayz

ojayz Regular Member

Academic
    So I just play with the BG66 and BG66 Ultimax JP again yesterday, for 5 games,,, and switching the strings in-between...

I'm still not certain that the BG66 Ultimax is a superior string compared to 66... But I just realised that with the BG66, it will vibrate more than 66 ultimax for mishit or off-centre hit, but not that much significant... and perhaps that's why I also felt more feedback using the BG66 because it is a more "sensitive" string compared to the ultimax... I don't know for some reason I felt more "umph" in my shots in the 66 (but same power/shuttle speed I guess between 66 vs 66 ultimax)
    :D:D
    In my personal conclusion: I think the BG66 is the string for you if you prefer string with more feedback. In terms of control and power, both I think is the same.

Happy badminton!
    :):)

10. ojayz

ojayz Regular Member

Academic
    I agree with this… I have been using/switching between 66 and 66ultimax with my carbonex 20 TRS for the pas 3 months until today, and feel like the regular 66 has more solid feedback and power… I don’t know maybe old school racket suit more with old school string maybe
    :)
    Now I can’t wait for my 66 ultimax to snap/broke, so I can restring my racket with just the regular 66

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Maybe it’s just what you are used to.

If you started off with BG 66 regular, you’ll tend to drift to using that.

If you started with BG66UM, you would prefer that.

ojayz and ucantseeme like this.
  12. ojayz

ojayz Regular Member

Academic
    Yes Sir I'd agree,,, the regular 66 is the one I'm very much used to nowadays.
    Although it's tempting to use newer generation/technology of string, for some reason the 66 regular is the one that I finally prefer for daily use.