Yonex BG 66 Ultimax

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Badominton, Sep 19, 2010.

1. madcarrot2007

madcarrot2007 Regular Member

yeah trying to convince more ppl in the court to play feather..

2. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Plastics suck. Plastics are what you use to play badminton in the park after a picnic.

3. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Plastics do suck but can't afford feathers :p sometimes just find feathers and play with them haha..., but it's amazing to play with! Need to try a thin string with it since my go string is bg 80s

4. georgsi_uk1

georgsi_uk1 Regular Member

Does the new colours (Green and Orange) play any different ? I saw some posts here that 'Black; colour BG66UM doesnt play as good as the white and yellow ..I have white on my racket and love it.. if the new colours play the same, wanted to try them as well..Any feedback from those who have used the new colours ?

5. Stealthking

Stealthking Regular Member

I was using BG66 UM Yellow on my Nanospeed 9000 but since changing to VTZF2, have moved from Yellow to the BG66 UM Black for aesthetic reasons..... Found no difference in them at all.

Chime in if you have also noticed this, but the only thing I have noticed about the Black strings are that they seem a little rougher on the surface when dragging it through the main strings during restringing than the Yellow ones that I had.....?

6. linhrom

linhrom Regular Member

Maklike Tier : does the "dead fish" period come in even without playing? Or its based on certain hours as you said (6 weeks with yours).

The reason im asking cuz i've just strung 3 of my racquets to 66UM including my rarely used backup racquet. Now Im afraid after 1-2 months without playing, my 66UM will be unplayable? that would be a wasted $30 >.<

7. bluezing

bluezing Regular Member

was thinking of using BG66U BLACK with NBG98 BLUE for my VT ZF II :D

8. kjchan

kjchan Regular Member

Snapped my BG66UM strung at 24lb after 12 sessions of around 3 hours of playing each. This was my first time using it and pretty surprised how fast it gave out. It snapped right in the middle so it wasn't due to mishits. You can tell when the string is about to break because the mains start cutting into the crosses.

Performance wise, this string feels great for the first 9 hours of play. After that it feels different and rather dull. That might be from the tension loss that thin strings are known for. Is there any way to compensate for this? Would stringing it at higher tension and letting it settle in or pre-stretching it reduce the tension loss feel?

9. soulless

soulless Regular Member

Graduate student
    I am not sure tension loss accounts for the dull feeling everyone else has had. My strings were still pretty tight after about 12 hours of play but they were not "poping" anymore, then I realized that I had to cut them rather than waiting for them to break.

#349 soulless, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  10. kjchan

kjchan Regular Member

What did you string with after? I'm interested in some alternatives with consistent performance.

11. soulless

soulless Regular Member

Graduate student
    I have moved to BG80s, more durability, lower price, less awesome hitting sound, pretty good overall performance

12. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
    I'm testing with BG 68ti, the hitting sound is awsome , other things being the same, more durability for sure, a bit cheaper, I love this string so far, but don't know why on the yonex string chart rate below 66U.

alternative hybrid: vertical NBG98 , cross 66U, eliminate dead feeling of full BG66U

13. kjchan

kjchan Regular Member

I've never had experience playing with the titanium coated strings. I've read that they provide poor shuttle control for slicing. Did you have any issues in the control department?

14. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

These coated strings r slippery n have less grips than non-coated ones. Subsequently, control is somewhat compromised to a certain extent.

15. oble89

oble89 Regular Member

Agree with some of the posters' experiences with the pop and crisp feel of the BG66UM disappearing after the first few hours of play, and the contrast is stark. Feels like a completely different string after the initial period.

16. chienming

chienming Regular Member

manager
    I use a YONEX-VTZFII-LCW, 26LB / 87g / 320, BG66UM is a very good shock-absorbing function. Sounds super nice, very flexible, suitable for hanging pull play. This BG66UM is definitely a god-level line, voice, rebound, feel all are absolutely perfect. Although durability is not high, it is yonex best string for my use, combined with three out of the function of 66um. Like the sound of the explosion to smash, moderate feel, amazing rebound. 66UMis a perfect for technical and smash players. But because the string is only 0.65mm, intolerance to play.

17. thepresiden

thepresiden New Member

Profesional
    Restring 3 times within just 2 weeks with BG66U.. hmm now thinking more durable string..already tested BG80P,NBG 98 & Zymax 67.. But the feeling is less awesome rather than BG66U..

18. chienming

chienming Regular Member

manager
    BG80P and BG98 also a good string, BG-80p from 80 and a little improved feel and explosive, so many professional players would prefer to play 80p. BG98 for the pursuit of high elasticity player, possession of the three are quite good, as long as the previous 70-80% strength, achieve the effect of the original 100%, often more easily able to use elastic ball hit the backcourt.

19. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    [MENTION=113941]thepresiden[/MENTION]ZyMax65 could b a better alternative to BG66U, ime that is...

20. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Zm65 seems to go dead at too high tension whereas bg66u seems to respond to higher tension. It is more repulsive than zm65 for me. From testing both at 24 and 26lb. I found more control from 66u too. I'm a big fan of zm62 as a close and cheaper alternative to bg66u. String 62 2lbs lighter though.