Yonex badminton rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by NAJC, Apr 20, 2018.

1. NAJC

NAJC New Member

Hi, I play 2 times a week. This consists almost entirely of playing doubles, both mixed and mens. My play style is generally touch play, drop shots and covering a lot of the court. I would like to improve my smashes and long court play but I appreciate that my strengths lie in other areas.

I have had my second racket, which is a Yonex, for 5 years. I can not remember the model name but it is a Nanospeed or Nanoray.

I want a Yonex racket and think that one that has a light head and is not too stiff would work. I am leaning towards an Arcsaber 11. Note that a budget is not an issue as I hope to have this racket for 1-2 years, use dependent. Please could you guys advise me if this is the best racket based on the above. I also need to figure out what grip, strings and tension to get. I have no idea on these specifics. Thanks.

2. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    Arc 11 is pretty decent, Duora is pretty good, same with Astrox. I would just go with Arc 11

3. NAJC

NAJC New Member

4. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    Grip, just pick any. I personally just wrap my own grips...

As for string, I recommend BG 80 24lbs. But I have not been keeping up with all the new strings these days, maybe you can be brave and try out the AeroBite/AeroSonic but I have no idea how they feel :D

NAJC likes this.
  5. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

Duora 7 fits that description perfectly.

ARC11 is even balanced/slightly head heavy and is rated stiff, but it does perform superbly well in what you're looking for.
    Grip - just go with Super Grap
    String - BG66 Ultimax for repulsion, Nanogy 99 for control (Aerobite if you're adventurous and want to try a hybrid string)
    Tension - for 66UM you can do 1-2lbs higher than your usual tension, 99 usual tension is fine

#5 Okaharu, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    NAJC likes this.
  6. NAJC

NAJC New Member

Thanks as well. I have no idea what tension to go for as I bought my last racket with factory settings. Found out it was a Nanospeed 6600 that I last bought. Which is head light as well. I just hope the transition to Arcsaber 11 isn't too big ha.

7. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

You will find that Arc 11 is not headlight at all. So be prepared for a transition, but not a difficult one.
    Clears will certainly be easier. :)

I'm guessing that factory strings are probably 20 psi or less.
    Humbly suggest BG 65 at 22 lb. That will be a nicer feeling than factory strings but not a drastic change.

NAJC likes this.
  8. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Highly recommend to avoid bg65. It's just so soft and has a dead feel to it. If you're going to get low tensions around 22-24lbs try BG80. You'll love the feedback. Do remember that arc 11 has a pretty weak frame. If your ever want to go higher tensions you're better off with something else. Would also highly recommend Victor BS12 if it's available to you.

Okaharu and NAJC like this.