Yonex Astrox 99 vs Victor Ryuga

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by SimonCarter, Dec 10, 2021.

1. SimonCarter

SimonCarter Regular Member

Hello everyone,
    Let me explain my situation. I have been playing for a long time with 4ug4 zf2 for singles.
    At some point I bought a 4ug5 zf2 becaus I wanted at least 3 identical rackets to play.
    The thing is I love g5 yonex grip size A LOT MORE than g4.
    I sanded down my g4 zf2 to g5 or maybe g5.5 which feels great.

But now my zf2 are on the verge of breaking from stringing and small collision to the ground (I broke two already :( ).

I also want to give a try to 3u and maybe a little more forgiving racket (staying to stiff racket)

I found a good bargain to get astrox 99 3ug5 but they are practically non existant in Europe therefore I know that getting 3 will be a pain...
    I have also found that Victor ryuga could be a good choice as Victor produce smaller grip than yonex (in Europe)

Does anyone know how those two compares ? Ryuga is way cheaper than astroxx 99, is it made with the same quality? Since LZJ used it I would say it is good enough for me too :p

If anyone knows a good solution to get yonex 3ug5 in Europe I would love to hear about it. I know e78 ships to Europe but I would love to be able to ordre from Europe to avoid bad surprise taxes.

2. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

e78 guys are very helpful with declaration, so most likely you would not end up paying import duties, on the other hand ruyga 3u should be very close in terms of head heaviness to 99/zf2, but most likely it is much more flexy than zf2/ax99 - quality wise ryuga is not like very top end of victors thus considerably cheaper, if you want best quality you should be looking at thruster enhanced, but 3u you can get only in asia

SimonCarter likes this.
  3. Schultzier

Schultzier Regular Member

Believe that badminton-point had some 3u AX99Pros for sale last time i checked but they appear to have run out now.

Have you tried an 3u Astrox99 btw? I got myself a 4u one last week and i like it a lot (as in a lot a lot- a lot).

When I got my gf her astrox from Shanghai, Mr K shop fixed my import duties as well but paypal charged me an rediculous ammout in conversion fees. So be careful and check with your bank if they have a better price through a direct transfer.