Yonex Astrox 88s 3U vs Lining N7ii

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Lim Beng Ee, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Lim Beng Ee

Lim Beng Ee New Member

Hi! I'm struggling choosing between these two beasts. I know that the N7ii is slightly more rear court oriented while 88s is slightly front court oriented. Both are equally fast with just slight differences. What are your experiences? Any advise is greatly appreciated! :))

2. Kokai

Kokai Regular Member

I don't believe the N7ii is back court oriented, as the N9ii is its back court brother. That being said I think they're both fine anywhere on the court.

Also, it'd be great if you could tell us what you're using now and what you're looking for. Personally, having owned 2 N7ii, and trying both 4U/3U 88s. I prefer the 88s, given that I currently use an ArcSaber 11.

3. Lim Beng Ee

Lim Beng Ee New Member

Oh haha my bad i meant that i've read some reviews saying that (in comparison to the 88s), the N7ii is slightly more back oriented though both are somewhat similar. I'm currently using a N7ii and am loving it so I'm deciding between buying another n7ii or give the 3U 88s a go since some mentioned the defenses on the 88s are slightly faster in comparison. Thanks for your feedback :D

4. Swat

Swat Regular Member

If you look at swing weight (according to racquetforce) the 3U 88S will be more like a n9ii, but stiffer. N7ii should be faster and a bit more manouverable. While a 4U 88S is lighter and speedier than all of the above.

5. missclicked

missclicked Regular Member

I have the 3u 88s, while it is 'powerful' than its speedier 4u version, I felt that the 88D 4u is more easier to generate power smash from playing at the back court