Yonex ASTROX 77 (2017)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Cycril, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Credits to Aaron Ong (Facebook)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave010 likes this.
  2. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

Looks like yonex is back with introducing new racket series that starts with 7 again like its procedures
    VT70 NR700 ARC7

Other than the odd Duora that starts with 10

3. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

4. iamgarycheng

iamgarycheng New Member

#4 iamgarycheng, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  5. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

That report is for the new astrox
    Glanz is his/her current racket. You're welcome.

6. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
  7. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Any translations?

I'm not sure I understand but it just sounds like the rackets are more flexible.

8. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

I'm not sure about that, I just translated what he wrote on the report paper

He circled both head light and medium stiff but in the comment he wrote "this is a balanced racket" ‍♀️

9. Ihasdapie

Ihasdapie Regular Member

Student
    I've seen Yonex Canada posting 'sneak peeks' of this racquet, where they'd get some sponsored players to test it, and write a few notes on how it feels like. I'd be surprised if this would be a replacement for the Voltric series; it hardly seems to be head-heavy. I feel as if this may be the real successor to the Arcsaber line, not the Duora series. But then, Yonex just launched a different colourway of the Arc11. Very confusing.

10. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

Should you guys leaked this news a few days earlier, I should have held back my decision to order Wilson SX-8000J !!!

11. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

12. Nicholas Tam

Nicholas Tam Regular Member

Hobo Student
    "头轻平衡型"

Yea this is confusing... I think it's about the same as the NR900, slightly head light but mostly balanced.

13. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    interesting since i don't recall any of the ARC series being head-light at all.

also of note is the marketing materials seem to compare this against Voltric, which has been a head-heavy line.

and as someone mentioned, ARC is being announced with a new colorway for the ARC11... hard to figure out what the yonex roadmap is and what fate lies ahead for VT and ARC with this new info.

but at least it shows yonex continuing to cover this higher ceiling for their stringing warranty

14. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

From the second page of the booklet, there's a four-word highlight "連續強打" for the new product. The four words means "continuous powerful strikes". Is any existing series having this property?

15. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

As long as I can think back, Yonex has always promoted their rackets with smashes being powerful/ fast/ steep/...
    ... Just now they avoid the word smash. To me this sounds like marketing aiming towards people who play more doubles and thus I doubt it's a head heavy line. It also matches Charlies understanding of the rackets being more flexible for easy continuous power. If this is true it might be what some people I know are looking for. Not me though.

16. BadBadmintonPlayer

BadBadmintonPlayer Regular Member

A serie with headlight, balanced and headheavy - rackets?

Arcsaber Astrox
    Voltric Astrox
    Nanoray Astrox
    Duora Astrox
    Like Nanoray GlanZ and Voltric GlanZ?

Rotational Generator System should be better (1,3%up / 6,9%up) than Tri-Voltage System.

17. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Hard to imagine where this series should fit in. So far it sounds like a mashup of all three Voltric (Rotational Generator instead of Tri-Voltage), Arcsaber (Fast frame, balanced) and Nanoray (more head light, promoted with steeper hitting angles). Since the first one is clearly called Astrox 77, it's very likely that this will be a new racket series and not another special version like the -Speed, -Strike or -Force.

Any translation about the technical details in these to sheets? Are they using a new kind of laminated carbon structure? And what is NEDO supposed to be?

18. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

I dont see the idea behind duora when they first launched either. We all thought that it will replace the arc series but it didn't.
    Furthermore during that time Speed(NR) /Control(arc) / Power(VT) already existed.

Maybe arcsaber are just like BS series in Victor which couldn't be replaced while duora/astrox are just like jetspeeds that can never ever actually "replace" the existing series due to high demand?

19. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

So what exactly does this "rotational generator system" do?:rolleyes: I can understand the voltric system but this new feature, does it make your racket rotate ( probably including yourself:D) when you make a shot or smash? Well, that's what I can guess with the illustration here.

20. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Fully agree. It's clear that it gets more and more complicated to let a whole popular racket series just die and replace it with a "better" one. This was a lot easier at times in which the racket tecs significantly improved from one generation to the next. But currently, the true innovation steps are so marginal, that a lot of the normal players don't feel the obvious benefit of a new series but instead are complaning loudly if they cannot buy their long-time favorites anymore. BS12 and Arc11 are the best examples I think. And just look at how many players are still looking for AT700/900, NS9900 and the good old VT80 non-eTune. Same with some of Victor's Meteors like the MX80 that never got a proper successor.

Back to the Astrox - I still would be interested in some translations of the new carbon-structure tec stuff. Anyone in here who can help?