Yonex Astrox 100ZZ

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Junye, Dec 18, 2019.

1. slickkilla

slickkilla Regular Member

Yea I will have to try to see if anyone has it. Funny how Yonex racket chart shows that the zz is head heavier than the 88d. Kinda wish that was the case because when I was trying my friends 88d 4u, it seemed a little light overall.

2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Given that your scale doesn't have any decimals it's probably a rounded up figure? Is that the weight with the plastic wrap on? Those usually weight about 1.3-1.5g alone. So there is a chance your copy might literally be on the ass end of 4U at 84.9g.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

3. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

Yes it with plastic wraps on handle.. but would that weight more than 1 gram ?? My astrox 88d 4u final weight with grip and strings is 94 grams while the raw weight with plastic wrap was 83.5 to 84 grams

Nevertheless, we are actually looking through a magnifier .

One plus point is I feel the head weight of 100zz when I hold it at last on handle. This racket is going to help only the people who can change the grips quickly during the play otherwise people might really think this racket lacks smash power (when they hold it near cone) or lacks net skills when they always hold it last!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

and 100ZZ had abnormally long grip which would nullify swing weight alot when holding it at the cone end.

5. BalajiSethuraman

Yes.. just need to play and see how this weapon behaves cos this racket has been endorsed and branded to the core!! So if this has nothing in it then it’s all fake advertising..

6. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

Have you tried the ax99 ?

7. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

Dry swing doesn't mean much to me especially when it's unstrung. The racket tends to swing a lot faster than in actual game.

8. PauLCW

PauLCW Regular Member

Bird Slayer
    Can I join the club? I also got mine it's a 4UG5 but it weighs almost identical to my VTZF-2 LCW Edition which is a 3U5 variant. I played with it today and I felt that my drive shots and defense improved a lot ;););) My previous main racket was a Duora 10

Attached Files:

#888 PauLCW, Jan 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  9. BalajiSethuraman

Of course u can . What’s the weight of it now with strings and grip!!??

10. PauLCW

PauLCW Regular Member

Bird Slayer
    hi there friend, I am using a BG66 Force string and a AC102EX overgrip over the original grip. I feel the weight is identical the swing speed is almost the same
    hi there friend, I am using a BG66 Force string and an AC102EX overgrip over the original grip. I think I need to play more with the racket but just as the other reviews said it's not tiring to use compared to my voltric z-force 2 and voltric 80 (also a 4U), swings faster and recovery speed is great that I don't lose easily against a nanoflare user in a drive contest.

The only review that I tend to disagree is that this racket was supposed to feel like an even-balanced. But I think this is more nimble than my Duora 10 (this is a 2U) which I use a lot for doubles.

11. slickkilla

slickkilla Regular Member

I wonder after victor axelsen broke his racket in the thailand open, if there is any concern about the quality of the shaft for these 100zz

12. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

He broke TWO! :eek:

(Second one was in the frame at 4 and 8 o'clock)

Setiawan also broke a racket at the shaft. Saw a lot of those these weeks!

13. pughon

pughon Regular Member

If there is high probability among recreational users, like the sinking grommets, then it should be raised as a concern.

But they are professional players, top smashing machines with daily continuous training, so broken shaft is not an uncommon accident. Not to mention, their string tension is also higher.

Woesi likes this.
  14. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

The trend these days seem to be stiff shafts having a kick point somewhere along the shaft where there's less graphite, which allows for an easier whip during power strokes while retaining accuracy from short strokes. I'm guessing this is why we see shafts breaking nowadays, whereas the older rackets never really broke at the shafts

thyrif likes this.
  15. BalajiSethuraman

Well the question is how many?? The probability of breaking rackets are higher these days than yesteryear’s so are these rackets are made to withstand just 2 to 3 years or for some specific number of times? How is the QC been done etc.?

Namd is tough, the very first day of my racket 88d had a nasty clash with a rookie player and mine was standing and rookie lost his racket (broken into 2 around 3 and 9). Similar stories are these for namd. With 100zz that too 3u, which is full namd is not expected to be broken like this!! Perhaps it’s a surprise for VA also in the tournament I believe..

16. pughon

pughon Regular Member

I've never known that NAMD was made to be tough :rolleyes:

kaffars likes this.
  17. kaffars

kaffars Regular Member

Geologist
    pctot2lp8ne61 (1).jpg nrh4l0lp8ne61.jpg nx9rs0lp8ne61.jpg tyzj14lp8ne61.jpg e5qko3lp8ne61.jpg

Not wanting to go back to the Lexus analogy..but has anyone seen this I saw it on reddit? Idk whether its fake or not? Like is it to celebrate some sponsored event/partnership between yonex and lexus?

18. Dekkert

Dekkert Regular Member

Could be. Shafts are getting thinner. Are they really able to maintain their strenght with the newer materials, as manufacturers claim?
    However, in Viktor's case, his shaft broke at the cone. I assume that is not a spot for a kickpoint.

And for his other racket, that broke at 4 and 8 o'clock, could it be already damaged from all the diving and sometimes smashing the frame to the ground during diving? I'm sure this is a real thing.

19. pughon

pughon Regular Member

#899 pughon, Feb 3, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  20. esppy

esppy Regular Member

You left out the biggest tell-tale sign it is a fake.

The serial. I saw the reddit post, that serial engraving font... and slanted to boot.. jesus.

Anyway a quick search on google, shows this picture.

[​IMG]

Looks familiar ain't it, the bottom font?

Also, where is the cone holographic sticker on the 100ZZ? It can be a collabo but no company will NOT put their usual verification tool just because it's a collab.

Also also, such a huge collab with the entire brand lineup... why has it not appeared as a news article on yonex jp site? Hmmmmmm.... why the FSB CIA level of secrecy launch, am I right?