Yonex ArcSaber Flash Boost ( ARC FB )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by yan.v, Jan 13, 2013.

1. biborinho

biborinho Regular Member

90g is not in the range of a 3U Racket. I wonder if Yonex really sell a 90g Racket (even somebody would like the extra gramms for power :)).
    Does your measuring instrument is precise enough? your scale should messure in a area of 0.1gramm.

#1001 biborinho, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  2. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    This weight includes the plastic wrap, so it's probably around 89-89.5g range.

Of course my scale is precise enough.

3. biborinho

biborinho Regular Member

So the real weight with plastic grap was 88.0 89.0 89.0 and 90.0 gramm?

#1003 biborinho, Jan 12, 2015
  4. biborinho

biborinho Regular Member

So the real weight with plastic grap was 88.0 89.0 89.0 and 90.0 gramm?

5. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

This is getting out of subject.

The scale does not show digits, but it is precise to 0.1g, so the weights are 88.x 89.x and 90.x. The difference could be 1.1g to 2.9g

6. biborinho

biborinho Regular Member

It will be under 2gramm for sure :p Like i said ;)

7. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

You seem to be so convinced. Do you have a proof or something ? Or do you work for Yonex ?

Or did you travel to a dozen of stores and weight hundreds of rackets to determine they are all the same weight ?

Or is it just plain faith ?

#1007 yan.v, Jan 12, 2015
  8. biborinho

biborinho Regular Member

Dont worry. Iam just kidding. I saw much data of different persons so that iam pretty sure the range is smaller then 2g. But i cannot say for sure.

9. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

Ah ok! Thanks for specifying!

I'm sure there can be some rackets with a bigger difference.

All of my rackets of the same model have about the same weight here, the only ones I got that have a small difference is the VTZF2, but it's because I carry more of those.

10. visor

visor Regular Member

That's one thing I've noticed about top end Yonex rackets in Canada, they're quite narrow in their wt spread. I've measure several VT80, VTZF, Arc FB and they're all within +/-0.5g or so.

Can't say the same for Victor rackets though...

11. biborinho

biborinho Regular Member

It will be easier to find one racket that is out of that range, then to proof 1million rackets that are in that range. I see at the at700-forum and in this forum more then 100 measurements. Even if some of them maybe have faults in measurements they all show the case that the range will not be bigger. But it looks like i cannot change your mind. No Problem!

12. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

Actually, my mind isn't set on anything. I was just writing a theory and you just said it was not possible without backing up your claim. If you would have said "Look, heres 100 measurements on at700 and they're all within 1g of each other", it'd have been different.

I don't know if the real difference can be 3g or if it is maximum 1g, I'm just speculating.

Also, by "I'm sure there can be some rackets with a bigger difference", I actually meant "I'm sure it can happen, maybe very rarely, maybe quite often".

13. biborinho

biborinho Regular Member

okay :)
    here are some data:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...er-simpler-appoximation-of-swing-weight/page2
    http://www.at700.com/SwingWeight/
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...r-simpler-appoximation-of-swing-weight/page12
    The biggest range on the big database of at700-page which i found is 2grams without knowing how exactly they measured. We will not find the exact range, but we can say, that every model has a more precise weight than the U-classifiying system pretending. Yonex should give us more information about the rackets :/

14. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Given that you do not live in Asia I would say that's why you have such a line of thinking and strong opinion. But if you did you would know that with the obviously larger market here. There is a larger range of weights as well. I will go off on a limb here, without knowing anything about how yonex does their distribution of QC for the North American region, that because the market is smaller there. They probably send you lot rackets with tighter QC on them hence why your findings so far are all within such tight limits.

But in Asia even though yonex has better QC on weight than say Victor. I have found plenty of their rackets all over the weight range. Does that mean their QC is worse? IMO no. Does it point to a much bigger market where more vatiety at least where racket weight is concerned. I would say yes. I may not have hard data or have played as long as some of you good folk here but in my years of playing I have tried quite a number of rackets courtesy of friends who have fairly deeper pockets than mine. Plus it also pains me to see someone going on and on trying to prove his point when he evidently doesn't seem to know either A. Anything about manufacturing or B. Anything about racket manufacturing.

I understand that you are working with what you have and can find. But please bear in mind that it does NOT represent everything as a whole. Because the way you have been trying to prove your point just sounds like that's what you're trying to say to me at least.

#1014 Ch1k0, Jan 12, 2015
  15. biborinho

biborinho Regular Member

But the at700-forum is an Asia-forum and all the data their have the same range, isnt it?
    At least iam only talking about the expensive models (high end). Maybe the cheaper models of yonex have a bigger range?

16. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I have seen their data. The range isn't as small as you keep trying to claim. It's all +-2g from the average nU weights which is expected. Yes Yonex does have tighter QC on their high end models. But that doesn't mean they do not regularly have pieces of rackets that end up at the extreme ends of the range. In fact it's more common than you'd expect.

But of course if you choose to compare them black and white to victor then obvious yonex would seem like a godsend in terms of weight QC. But it wouldn't make sense to just sell only the rackets you make in such a small tolerance range. It would be a huge waste of money to dispose of something that's still within the weight category but isn't within "tolerance". Not now especially when they're slowly losing market share to other "smaller" brands with more competitive pricings everywhere.

17. biborinho

biborinho Regular Member

Where do you see +/- 2g? Iam talking about identical models with the same gripsize. I dont see it.
    I can only speak about the well known yonex rackets. I dont say other brands are worser or something.

To the 'money term': I believe they can produce in smaller ranges, so they can sell almost all rackets they produce. Nevermind, we dont know this, but Let me give an example: The 3U ZF1 & ZF2 have all weights at at700.com from 88g to 89g. So we can say most ZF rackets will weight 88 to 89. When they have a range bigger then +/- 1g in producing then yonex will have a huge problem in producing ZF at 90g or higher which they cant sell, cause its out of the 3U range.

18. DStyle

DStyle Regular Member

IT
    I'm not a stringer nor own a stringing machine. I would like to know why main and cross stringed at different tension?

If there is a thread that discuss about this, please point me to the right link. Thanks.

19. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

This racket is coming back this year with a recolor (and hopefully some material tweaks for durability).

The new color scheme is blue/red.

20. RVStrike13

RVStrike13 Regular Member

Student
    Where did you hear that from?