Yonex ArcSaber Flash Boost ( ARC FB )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by yan.v, Jan 13, 2013.

1. raksasa.gorgon

raksasa.gorgon Regular Member

Full Time Badminton Player
    Am not sure if it's a ZF but definitely a Voltric.

YONEX has been flash boosting their FB sales by painting mogensen and ahsans voltric in FB colourway.

2. amish1980

amish1980 Regular Member

badminton store
    my friend

i am selling yonex rackets and the most what i get complaints from breakage is arcsaber fb and the nanoray series from yonex

for me the racket is not durable you can buy many other brands with much better specs and cheaper price

thanks

3. SpoonEK

SpoonEK Regular Member

Engineer
    I always thinking of trying a FB but the comments here let me think twice..

Currently I am using Arcsaber 6. What other racquet has the same feel as the FB 5u with a better spec?

4. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

In my club, those who able to purchase arcfb is either rich enough to stock 4-8 pcs of them in a bag, or have a health issue (e.g. grandpas/grandmas/those injured around the arm).

5. Perfektion

Perfektion Regular Member

I've had Arcsaber FB for quite awhile now. I got both the lighther version and the little bit heavier. I've had mine for almost half a year now playing local competitions and using it regularly in practice and mine doesn't have more than a couple of scratches.

The lack of power is abit annoying sometimes I have to admit, when I switch to my Voltric 80 I suddenly can thunder down smashes and play more aggressive without using alot of energy. On the upside, you can't lose in flat game or net duels if your using the the FB.

6. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

Really? How much are they selling it for in Taiwan? Do you know of any reputable dealer in Taipei offering the 5U G5?

7. junclot

junclot Regular Member

Victor TK15 5U seems to be of a comparison?

and at less than half of FB price, break also not so heartache haha

8. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    It looks like Yonex is coming back with 4U, 5U and 6U (instead of F) versions of the flash boost rackets this year!

Probably trying to have less of them break by having heavier versions available!

9. visor

visor Regular Member

^ Eh? 6U is F... ;)

10. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

Nope, F is 73g. 6U is 70-75g.

Yonex never called the Flash Boost 6U before this year. It was just F - 73g.

11. visor

visor Regular Member

http://www.yonex.com/sports/badminton/products/badminton/racquets/arcsaber-series/arcsaber-fb/

F is 6U ;)

12. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

F is a letter made up by Yonex to designate 73g rackets. No where on that page does it say F = 6U. All you could say is that F is within the 6U range.

The U codes designate weight ranges and not specific weights.

The FB was the first recent Yonex racket to have a specific weight number (73g) instead of just a range like other rackets. That is why they called it F.

A square is a rectangle, but a rectangle is not a square.

What I'm trying to say is that the new price list specifies 6U for the racket while the old ones specified F, which might mean that they are not trying to aim for exactly 73g anymore or something like that. The weight range might be bigger than before.

#992 yan.v, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  13. visor

visor Regular Member

Nah, notice how it's listed as F (Ave.73g)? There's no way a manufacturer will make a racket exactly to a specific wt accurate to the gram. Too much manufacturing tolerance variations.

14. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

Then why would they call it F instead of 6U ?

There is a reason and it is not "Just because".

15. visor

visor Regular Member

I'd say marketing dept just wanted to make as if yonex invented a new wt category...but really it's just 6U

16. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

Your posts are very subjective. You are convinced F is the same as 6U (and you might be right), but it doesn't make it a fact.

I only go for facts, and the fact is Yonex made up an F letter for 73g avg, and they changed it to 6U this year. Yonex says F is not 6U (and it is what they have told me), and no one has proof that it is not the case. So unless they say both are the same or someone comes up with an ultimate proof of it, F is not 6U.

I'd rather think and discuss about why they changed their labeling or why they created the F category (which was the point of my original post) than pointlessly argue about whether F is 6U or not.

Maybe they usually aim for say 90g for 3U/4U rackets and classify them afterwards in the correct weight category. Which would explain why most of their rackets are made in 2 weight ranges.

In the case of the FB, they wanted to make a lighter racket with only 1 weight category, so they couldn't aim for an inbetween number. So they aimed for 73g and the couple rackets that were over 75g, they labeled as 5U for the Japanese market only (to limit supply demand, since they probably didn't have that many).

Realizing how fragile the racket is, they may have changed their strategy and they now aim for 80g rackets to make 4U/5U rackets and 75g to make 5U/6U rackets. The result is that there should be many more 5U rackets on the market this year, which would result in less rackets breaking in the first 6 months.

I also know that the Flash Boost rackets supply/production was stopped for a LONG time, probably to implement that new strategy.

#996 yan.v, Jan 11, 2015
  17. biborinho

biborinho Regular Member

Nah. I believe every Racket has an exact weight with a tolerance about +/-0.5gramm. It shows me my experience in measure some new rackets. I dont know why Yonex is so imprecise and only say 3U or 4U.
    But i dont know why they put the flashboost in a Category F & i also dont know why they change it now.

18. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

Most of the 3U rackets I carry are in the high range of 3U (between 87-90g). There is usually 1-2 grams of difference between two of the same rackets, but I rarely carry more than 2-3 of the same racket, so the sample is small.

19. biborinho

biborinho Regular Member

2gramm different is very unusually, when you have the same racket. For my experience it could be the worst case szenario. But i would like to see a photo if you have it :)

#999 biborinho, Jan 11, 2015
  20. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

I got a VTZF2 at 88g and the other at 90g! Out of 4 rackets, I had 1 90g, 2 89g and 1 88g.