Yonex ArcSaber Flash Boost ( ARC FB )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by yan.v, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    check here http://badmintononlineshop.weebly.com/

2. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hi Bros, can this Arch Saber FB string 30 tension ?

3. ya4dang1

ya4dang1 Regular Member

Programmer
    Yes. But it will suffer durability impairment.

4. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Bro , Then why Ah San can string at 32 tension ?

5. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

B/c he can get as much FB as he wants or that his version of FB is somehow special, as perceived by many here at BC.

6. Jadeteo87

Jadeteo87 Regular Member

Sale Supervisor
    Arcsaber FB i think is not bad but a bit pricely , in SGD 260 ? , I not sure have anyone tried Li Ning , G-Force 300 super light weight racket , 75 Gram , Half the price of the Arc FB , Sgd 130 ? If you are buying for the weight , its just a word of advice =D , if you really like Yonex , try getting the Arcsaber 9 FL though the color is abit girlish , its more worth it .

Cheers !

7. ya4dang1

ya4dang1 Regular Member

Programmer
    He's sponsored by Yonex. Durability of his racket is at the least of his concerns.

#927 ya4dang1, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  8. ah tat

ah tat Regular Member

student
    [video=youtube;BF0iM_0Z4XA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF0iM_0Z4XA[/video]

look at that clash at 1:15:20

his fb didn't break!

:cool:

9. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    Sorry for the late reply. Didn't see this.
    At first, I added the weight using electrical tape. This is to try and see if adding weight helps. The tape method is not good as the tape tends to peel off.
    I later added 2 grams of weight using lead tape. Those normally use for tennis racquets. It works great.

10. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

If Mogensen FB is your concern , there are some rumors that what he really uses is a VTZF , not an FB

Painted , you might want to refer to the thread "VTZF that looks like an FB?" somewhere here in the forums.

Id recommend Karakal BN60 for a more durable , lighter , cheaper FB.

Cheers

11. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    For Mogensen, this change of racquet will be short-lived.
    As Yonex's ambassador, he gets paid to sport their new releases.
    And, just as with the FB, he will soon have to use the Voltric Z-Force II in public :p

12. amish1980

amish1980 Regular Member

badminton store
    for me arc fb is nicely marketed racket , but i have personally tested the racket and it is very fragile very easy to break and very highly priced in compare to other light weight rackets like

victor lightfighter 7300 / lightfighter 7400 / thruster tk 300.

i think now yonex is only making money because of its goodwill but not producing quality like before .

i am more impressed with quality of victor and li ning rackets .

13. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

I wrote a short review about my first impression on 5 u FB. I wasn't that confident about this racket. After using this for relative longer time, I think i can give out a more precise review now.

i will only adress some points that worth notice about fb.
    1. frame stability , in term of such a light weighted racket, fb frame staiability is second to none.

2. playability, fb improved users gameplay .
    i gave it to my gf, and her shots are much faster than using arc9 3u. i also used fb and find my shots at front mid court are of pretty high quality, very impressive and enjoyable experience.

3. tension sensitive, playability changes significantly with string type and tension you use. though with low tension , fb plays well at front mid court, fb plays much better with high tension at mid rare court. at 27lbs bg80p, i felt fbs sweetspot unpowerful for smash. but with 29lbs bg66um, its performance improved dramatically.

4.although,fb is so light weighted and supposed to be good at passive stances, i find it hard to play when you are passive at rare court . backhand techniques are harder to execute compared with heavier arcs ie. arc8 arc9 3u.

5. with bg66um 29 lbs rare court smash with fb can be as lethal as heavier arc series.

6. playabilty wise, i highly recommand fb user use high tension on fb. dont worry about small sweetspot issue, most of my friends using 22lbs feels great about my 29 lbs fb, no complaints about too stiff or too small sweetspot.

14. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

i agree with you, fb shaft is at least stiff. the soft feel comes from the stringbed. if you string fb tight enough, you can feel the stiffness.

15. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    As someone who uses everything from the demonic PandaPower and the awesome Victor MX JJS and ZJH to the punchy ArcSaber 10, 11 and Z-Slash TH, I humbly disagree that the ArcSaber FB "is very fragile and easy to break".

Light doesn't mean fragile or easy to break.
    Light doesn't mean they reduced the strength of the frame or the quantity of materials.
    Light could mean that they upgraded the technology or replaced heavier components and materials with lighter ones, etc.

IMHO, the FB is a very good racquet, especially when facing up to swift, heavy smashers.
    (Incidentally, I tried it at 24lbs, then 27lbs, then 29lbs and finally at 31lbs. And now, at 31lbs, I find it to be a top-notch racquet.)

But, unless you restrict yourself to playing only with the FB, it does have its drawbacks.
    Thankfully, foo.tw has addressed almost all of it here (and the point about the backhand is quite true when beginning to play with the FB):

16. DStyle

DStyle Regular Member

IT
    How does FB compare to Nanoray 800? Can someone please review on this comparison?

17. sting.kl

sting.kl Regular Member

I have both the FB (6U) and NR800 (4U) for quite a while now, about 8 months for the FB and close to a year for the NR800. I would say that they play very differently. The NR800 feels a lot stiffer in comparison but plays faster but the FB is more maneuverable. They are both suitable for doubles play (for me, mens double). The NR800, given its stiffness, will suit those who are more advanced and have good wrist work while the FB is more of an all-rounder. Do note that they both need some conscious effort in order to generate power. For me I find the FB to be more enjoyable because of its maneuverability and is great when you are tired. I hope that helps.

18. DStyle

DStyle Regular Member

IT

Anyone else have tried those 2 rackets? Any comments?

19. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Very different rackets and very hard to compare.

IMO, the Flash Boost is better in every aspect, except it is very fragile. But the FB is one of those rackets you love or hate and there is absolutely no way you're gonna know if you like it until you try it.

20. DStyle

DStyle Regular Member

IT
    Yeah, I have seen comments by ppl who owns it about how fragile it is. One even show a picture of his broken FB.