Yonex Arcsaber 11

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clawhammers, Dec 16, 2012.

1. phil1954

phil1954 New Member

Maybe the Adidas Kalkul A5 or A3 which are accuracy rackets and could be available cheap as discontinued, @Rimano or @Dave1011 might be able to help say if they have long hold time

Personally I got the Arcsaber 11 Play which has the string bumper for £37.99 with free grip, autograph upgrade and premium Yonex string for £7.50 from Central sports.

Dave1011 likes this.
  2. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The Kalkul A5, A3 and A2 are great rackets but not sure if they have similar hold feel to Arc11, it's been a very long time since I tried an Arcsaber.

phil1954 likes this.
  3. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

The A3 definitely doesn't. The Kalkül also have a slightly more dense stringing pattern, which seems to also help to get the shuttle off the strings faster. To me, that's positive, I hate the holding feel of the AS11. But if you're looking for that, don't look at the Kalkül.

Vivek Bagadhi and phil1954 like this.
  4. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

5. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

I've already compared the stiffness to the 100ZZ and NF800 in the review. I'm not able to compare with the other racquets you mentioned.

6. Baddyman#1

Baddyman#1 Regular Member

After demoing the ASpro in 4u, 3u and comparing it with another demo 88d pro 4u at the store. I ended up with the ASpro 3u.

fortunately, I had around 10mins of court time testing the racket as it's a hall with a store type facility. The 4u is fast. It felt really suited for doubles. Drive, clear, lift and defending were really comfortable right off the bat except for smashes, which were lacking and felt light weighted. The 3u version definitely beef it up, smashes were more solid, power more accessible and it felt familiar as with the 88d pro. For reference both 88dpro 4u & ASPro 3u rackets are around 85.5kg swing weight. As for stiffness, i felt its on par with 88d pro,not as stiff as the 100zz and less demanding. This racket seems very easy to adapt and transition to from an 88d pro 4u from the brief test i had.

For reference, my main racket is the 88d pro 4u and i play 90% mens double. But, i also have other rackets in my arsenal and they're mainly 3u (king k9, d10,ax99,BS12, ax88s,100zz, DZS, N9ii, nf700,ax77, ax88d pro, zf2, 8xp).

Can't wait for the next badminton session to have a proper game and test this new baby out!

xzavire likes this.
  7. phil1954

phil1954 New Member

Wow 15 rackets, almost enough for 2 octopuses!

What's your impression to the K9, another even balance, not overly stiff racket?

8. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

I've got my hand on the arc11pto try out. I've played 2 sessions and I really like the racket. It feels so comfortable to play with and the control is amazing.
    My main racket is the as88dp but it will be replaced by the arc11p :p

blitz920 and xzavire like this.
  9. jctai

jctai Regular Member

What string you use and in what tension if you don't mind sharing?

10. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

On this one, it's the nanogy 99. Don't know about the tension as it is a demo racket but it feel around 10,5/11kg.
    I string my rackets with the ng99 for the main and ng98 for the crosses at 12kg

jctai likes this.
  11. Baddyman#1

Baddyman#1 Regular Member

I seldomly play the k9 these days. It has this weird flex or kick that feels very unpredictable and off putting. I just can't get accurate shots with. Its still a very user friendly racket for off day but there's better options imo. I'd grab my trusty nf700 or if i needed fast interception and competitive doubles defense I'd grab the trusty bs12 (thats where it shines) but smashes and clears are quite hollow feeling.

Now onto the AS11Pro, after a proper session, i really enjoy playing with this racket. Its very assertive, it succumbs to the user command, zone smashes are just on point, control is very well managed. Albeit, a bit slow when it comes to fast exchanges and drive for my liking but overall in a 3u package it's a quite a balance compromise. I don't know if its the bumper or tech behind the hold time, but the string bed feels crisp and very compliance. It appears to me, at the same tension as my other rackets it just feels like its a pound or two above, crispness feels evenly distributed. Stiffness is not over the top and i was able to easily manage the two hour session with it. This could be my first racket of choice along with the 88dp henceforth.

phil1954 likes this.
  12. Marcus Ng

Marcus Ng New Member

Hi,

just wanna check is the additional string on the bottom of the racquet ok ? I have highlighted in blue. Wonder which one is the correct string pattern.

Attached Files:

13. Alex82

Alex82 Regular Member

Linux-Sysadmin
    The left one has the right string pattern. But the left one looks a bit too round for me.

14. Marcus Ng

Marcus Ng New Member

Thanks. So does the one string on the right affect the racket? The one on the left was string was sunriseclick. Left 3U right 4 U

15. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

I owned both Kalkul A5 and Arcsaber 11P but I have sold both of them. As far as I remember, it is a nice allround racket like Arcsaber, but if specifically talking about the hold time, for sure it is less compared to Arcsaber 11P. I have never encountered or played a racket with so much hold time like Arcsaber 11P, it's just crazy. Either you love it or you hate it.