Yonex ALL ENGLAND Open 2015 - Entry List & DRAW

Discussion in 'German Open / All England Open / Swiss Open 2015' started by CLELY, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

According to Li Yongbo, both Lin Dan and Li Xuerui are not back to tip-top condition yet owing to their recent injury problems which forced them to skip several tournaments to undergo treatment and rehabilitation that as a result also affected their systematic training. As such he is not expecting these two to do well at the All England PSS, a compulsory event in the Superseries which carries a USD5K fine for non-attendance, on top of loss of hefty ranking points for LXR especially.

As for the other CHN elite players in singles and doubles, LYB expressed general satisfaction with the overall progress of their 50-day winter training and hope to see most of them perform to their standards this season. He particularly mentioned the adjustment he made to the WD pair of Bao Yixin/Tang Jinhua whom he decided to split by partnering Bao YX with Tang Yuangting and pairing Tang JH with Zhong Qianxin. He opined that the two new combinations would enable each of them to complement their respective strengths in attack and front-court play; more importantly, it was a considered decision he made with a view to their future development and a desire to try them out for the Rio Olympic cycle and see which WD pairing would emerge first-rate in the world. http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2015-02-27/18247526894.shtml

2. double

double Regular Member

all england not found in tournamentsoftware???

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

4. Toastie

Toastie Regular Member

If i calculate it correctly, the probability should be for 4 qualifiers among the 24 remaining players: (4/24)*(3/23)*(2/22) which is 1 in 506 so your prediction is quite good :D

But then there are 8 seeded players per discipline, 5 disciplines and 12 tournaments a year, which makes 8*5*12 = 480 opportunities for such a combination to occur, so this should happen about once per year, so nothing so extraordinary :rolleyes:

5. Toastie

Toastie Regular Member

Does anybody know why Sayaki Takahashi chose to play the Portugese International instead of the All England? Her world ranking is 13, the second seed in Portugal is Sandra-Maria Jensen who has a WR of 78. So she could be looking for easy 4000 points maybe?

6. double

double Regular Member

7. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

I think this is because she was moved to to National Team B.

8. Beta2k

Beta2k Regular Member

from which day on will there be streaming?

9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

She has been demoted to the B Team for be forseeable future so expect to see her in lower ring tournaments. Only 2500 points for winning (which barring injury, she will)

10. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Her WR is 13 and she is demoted to team B? It must be for other reasons then results, otherwise it does not make sense

11. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Anyone knows about live stream?

12. event

event Regular Member

Actually, I think that results are likely a main reason and I believe that domestic events matter, too. Mind you, she was demoted partly in favour of Nozomi Okuhara, who lost in the first round of the All Japan while Sayaka made the quarter-finals. Still, all semi-finalists from All Japan made the A Team but Hirose retired. Keep in mind that she's #13 now but the demotion happened just after Christmas, when Akane and Mitani were both ranked higher. She moved up because of the Malaysia Masters but she was beaten by Nozomi, who will replace her as the highest-ranked Japanese player on Thursday. I agree that it seems harsh but I guess that's how they have to play it when they have so many players bunched together. Promoting Yui Hashimoto ahead of both Sayakas just because she made the semis in one domestic tournament seems suspect to me, though.

13. renbo

renbo Regular Member

They have so few spots on the A team?

14. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    ... No Livestream?? OTL

15. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    Hey Guys!
    Please forgive me for this unrelated message.
    I was just wondering if you can present us with the press conference conducted during the sidelines of All England on Tuesday with Lin Dan and others. It would extremely interesting for many fans!
    Thank you very much

16. Beta2k

Beta2k Regular Member

livestream will be available on thursday and friday on the official site is what they told me: http://www.allenglandbadminton.com/

17. Mr. Epic

Mr. Epic Regular Member

Student
    Highlights - Day 1
    [video=youtube;eheulBoIivw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eheulBoIivw[/video]

18. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

It's standard practice to live stream SSP from Thursday, SS from Friday and GPG from Saturday, on BadmintonWorld.tv.

Some tournaments may live stream on their own earlier, such as Denmark Open.

19. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

I saw Ashwini and Vlad the destroyer were playing together in the mixed, but also retired, what happened? both seem to be still scheduled to play tomorrow.

20. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    Then please help us in germany to post the Youtube links later here. The links will be hard to find (if the links are already posted, i can watch it with proxy)