Yonex ALL ENGLAND Open 2015 - Entry List & DRAW

Discussion in 'German Open / All England Open / Swiss Open 2015' started by CLELY, Jan 23, 2015.

1. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    lindan might have prepared well this time. But I expect a good fight from srikanth provided he reaches quarters.

One interesting thing I wanna mention here. Have anybody noticed the draw of srikanth in china open?. He had to fight with kento in quarters, marc zwiebler in semis and lindan in the finals.. Would it be a coincidence if srikanth fight it out again with these guys if everything come into place. His first round opponent is kento. If it goes well, he may meet marc and then lindan in the quarters.. Let's see.

2. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Funny thing is, I don't think LD cares much about winning the AE again. However, if LD meets Srikanth, LD will put in the extra effort to beat Srikanth because Srikanth embarrassed LD in Shanghai on LD's home turf. That game against Srikanth, LD took Srikanth for granted and really didn't treat Srikanth seriously. If LD is healthy (as there were rumors he was not 100% in Shanghai), I can't see Srikanth winning.

Having said that, for every other match LD plays, I don't think LD will really try 100%. I wouldn't be surprised if LD gets beat by some other player other than Srikanth. The only reason I see LD trying is because he wants to put on a good show for Yonex. But aside from his new Yonex sponsor, I don't think LD really cares much about AE, unless he wants the money. It would be a good chance for another player to catch LD off guard and beat LD again.

3. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    we'll see if Srikanth gets past Momota and Zwiebler first. They're pretty much even head to head, if you consider the fact that Zwiebler was injured at China Open when playing against Srikanth. It's 2 a piece against Momota. But yes, indeed it is interesting to note that the draw is very much similar to that of China Open. It's been a while since Lin Dan won the All England. last was in 2012. If he wants something so bad and he knows the path is easy, there simply no stopping him. Besides the absence of Lee Chong Wei would only make it too easy for him to win this, and he will!

4. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

LD was recovering from a knee injury at the China Open but he wanted to play anyway. Hopefully LD and Srikanth will be injury free at the All England!

5. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I have a friend who told me lin Dan in China open was not injured, he was getting old and slow in footwork , which I don't really agree, hey fans can kindly comment on this . Thanks

6. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    He definitely was injured. They had fluids drained from his knee, after his withdrawal from Denmark Open in October. He played at the Thaihot China Open the following month, even though he was not fully recovered. Yet he made it to the finals there where he lost to Srikanth. Slowing down in footwork - probably another baseless assumption. Lee Chong Wei couldn't even keep up with Lin Dan's speed at the Asian Games, especially in the rubber set. If you're implying that he might be injury prone due to aging, then you may have a point. I can see him ranked no.2 in the world by April. And he'll eventually sit on top of the world before Sudirman Cup.

#26 pathan, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  7. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Well, in MS both Srikanth and P.Kashyap from India has it quite tough.
    In WS Saina's real test will begin from quarters, whereas Sindhu has to be very careful round 1.
    Carolina Marin showed very strong signs of returning back to form in India Open GPG.

8. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Jan and Son Wan Ho.

Yes, all 3 matches will be interesting.
    Ratchanok Intanon vs Akane Yamaguchi has become a common fixture in recent times.

I actually expect Chen Long to beat Lin Dan this time. I must admit I have been very impressed with Chen Long in recent times. Whereas Lin Dan hasn't been at his prime lately.

But I sure hope Srikanth and P.Kashyap don't go out without a fight.

9. Yohaneesy

Yohaneesy Regular Member

student high school
    Hopefully, WYH and WSX will do better than they did at the last 3 SS, but i'm quite not really optimistic for WYH she'll meet NO who's in good form currently,

10. Heong

Heong Regular Member

Does anyone know whats happening with Shin Baek Choel?

Why is he left out of this tournament by the Korean team? Is there a legitimate reason? He has won Asian Gold and World Championships... the team needs him.

Ko is now partnered with junior Choi for MD. Shin no where to be seen in both MD and XD.

11. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Maybe Shin is injure!

12. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    Nah... Korea is just experimenting with the Juniors, giving them due exposure. Can't get luckier than to be given the opportunity to partner a World Champion. There is also the possibility that Shin has been drafted into military service, but I can't confirm that.

13. at800def

at800def Regular Member

student

thought he doesnt have to do military since he won asia games gold in XD.

14. blabl

blabl Regular Member

All right. Thanks. Anybody has the latest draw updates? I tried to search for the latest updates from the BWF tournament website but I didn't see any players name being put up in that particular website. I didn't even know which player will play and which player versus which player. So anyone wants to update me here? Thanks.

15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I am getting confused myself over Korea strategy. Their doubles seem to keep changing partners so now even I myself don't know who will partner who. I am very worried for Shin Baek Cheol of course. It seems that he has been dropped out from tournaments by the Koream team. I myself also don't know why. Anybody can give me an answer? Confused...:confused::confused::confused::confused:

16. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/tournamentcalendar_event.aspx?id=21391

it's right at the end of the page

17. blabl

blabl Regular Member

18. Mr. Epic

Mr. Epic Regular Member

Student
  19. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
  20. event

event Regular Member

Correct. Shin does not have to do military service. Most likely, it is an injury. Shin did not participate in the playoffs of the Korean League in December, either. That was right before Dubai but Lee Yong Dae, Ko, Son, and all the ladies participated. As for the scratch pairings, the Korean coaches are known to field healthy players with temporary partners just so they will keep up the intensity of playing two disciplines until they get back with their regular partners. This was the rationale behind Lee and Ko playing the U.S. and Canada in 2011, for example. On the other hand, the coaches have spoken before of having Shin concentrate on mixed so Choi and Ko may be kept together. So far, they have been entered in four tournaments in 2 months. However, things are likely to solidify once the Olympic qualifying period begins. Regardless of what happens to Ko and Shin's ranking, they will still have enough notional points to make it onto Superseries main draws in May.