Yonex ALL ENGLAND 2018 : Round of 32 - FINAL (14-18 March)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Mar 13, 2018.

1. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

first thing first ... sure it looks like it's fair becoz ZSW/HYQ also played very late so it seems kinda equal to yuta ... but let me remind you this is final day of a major tourney ... ppl want to see players at their best .... considering both pairs finished late last night it would be MUCH MORE PROPER to put them in 2nd or 3rd match .... that's THE LEAST they can do to give BOTH PAIRS more rest ... i mean they can even put the lame same country MS final as FIRST match to give more rest time.... or switch with TTY AY since they finish much earlier but they didn't .... they just have 0 care .... argue all you want it's just RIDICULOUS

as for Kamilla + Christina between QF and SF what the hell you expect .... Christina doing double duty in QF and SF .... can't make much better schedule than that - i'll agree they could have moved Christina WD match QF earlier so that they don't have to do the last WD as the last match of the day.... but that is really minor quibble compared to Yuta situation..... MINOR... this Yuta situation is ridiculous anyone who argue opposite is just dumb and biased no other explanation

ridiculous QF to SF compared to FINAL ..... really ????

2. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

You mean its fair or not fair?

If any i thought Arisa got the benefit. Its advantage Japan. But regardless, i hope China Win. nobody wants Japan to win 3 titles. Of course who would have though this day will come to say that? Where is chinese WS WD?

3. It'sMeMeMe

lol of course it is not fair .... it's lame and shame on the organizer

4. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

You don't have to insinuate that anyone is dumb or biased. These are the most biased forums on the Internet.

Comparing QF->SF with SF->F is ridiculous? Really? Is SF->F the only step that should be fair?

SF: Watanabe played last match scheduled for 9.00.
    F: Watanabe plays first match for 12:00.

Dumb. I agree.

QF: Juhl/Peder play last match scheduled for 9.00
    SF: Juhl Pedersen play third match, scheduled for 12.00

Fair? No other way around this? Only difference being that SF matches were longer. It is probably correct that Juhl/CP's SF was scheduled so that CP could rest between her SF matches.

So what are the fixes here?
    My fix: I think they should have swapped CP's SF matches. Problem: TV (I guess). They have one of each category in each session. If they swapped, they wouldn't have.
    Your fix: Let Mix final be third match. Problem: I dont know. TV? They think rest period is long enough?

#2244 Hassefar60, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  5. Hassefar60

Actually, now that I think of it, I think the problem is indeed TV. I think the Japanese XD is scheduled early to be in Japanese prime time. So what they should have done is not schedule his SF so late.

6. It'sMeMeMe

lol what are you smoking? TV as an excuse?
    so they put the match where the Japanese has the least chance of winning as the first match at the primetime when the Japanese start watching tv for the tournament ? really? more ridiculous excuses .... LOL

maybe next time the organizer not feeling butthurt too much MAY see that removing those 2 hours gap between session at SF and those 3-4 hours gap between sessions at QF might help a little so that the matches don't end up at midnight ....

still no argument could explain the organizer having 0 care putting XD match FIRST today

that 4th match for today is ridiculous no business there considering the XD as the first - just no excuse except european-centric

7. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Ok maybe the schedule is controversial in itself but as a neutral, just accept it. Its still AllEngland.

Whoever the winner its decided on the court not by Umpire at least ( remember last year XD Final)

8. It'sMeMeMe

judging by the amount of bad calls and bad umpiring so far ..... i sure hope you're right otherwise i won't remember it as super 1000 tourney - super 600 instead

9. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Lets just savour it. The Finals are exciting. We could have got 3 same country finals, instead we got one only. 3 Same country Finals would have made this AE Finals forgettable.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I think as long as the players have sufficient rest, say 8 to 12 hours, they won't mind or quibble over their opponents having extra 2 to 4 hours rest, unless they are 'old' and unfit.

For the qualification rounds (not for WTS750/1000 events anymore), the players often have to play two matches a day and have less than 8 hours or so rest before the main draw. That I feel is unfair for the qualifiers but not quite the case here.

11. Hassefar60

I am no expert in Japanese TV habits, but 9 PM is prime time in my book.
    With that out of the way, yes, I am almost certain that TV is the reason for putting the Japanese pair first. I think it is actually one of the main drivers when creating the schedule. Everything is about money, sponsors and TV. The way the Danish commentators talk about it, it sounds like the schedule creators' job can be likened to solving an impossible puzzle with ten kids shouting in your ears about what they think you should do (the kids being the TV stations of the different nations).

What are we even discussing here. We should just be happy that all matches have ended before midnight this year.

I agree that the breaks between the sessions could have been shorter.

12. ChanKC

ChanKC Regular Member

The break between the sessions yesterday felt long because only 1 of the matches went to 3 games; the gap was the same as the QF. Because they had already sold tickets for each session they can't change the time accordiia to the run of play.

Cheung likes this.
  13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Yes. I agree with this. 12noon start in England is there for the Asian TV market.

Even for Japan semifinal doubles , that would have been around 8am Japan time.

14. Pirayeba67

Pirayeba67 Regular Member

Head hunter
    Am I the only one having problem with Zhanyu tv. How come I always get the error 404 message every time I choose to watch a livestream?. I even set my VPN to view from China. It was not like this previously. Can somebody please help?

#2254 Pirayeba67, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  15. ChanKC

ChanKC Regular Member

Piraye you could try the BBC if you can set your location to be the UK.

16. lurker

lurker Regular Member

25mins more!

17. ChanKC

ChanKC Regular Member

18. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

where can I watch the final if I am in Indonesia?

19. ChanKC

ChanKC Regular Member

Is the bwf YouTube channel not showing the final?

20. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Today ought to be a lot of fun.
    Superbowl Sunday for baddy fans. :)