Yonex Aerobite Boost

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by fiq_axis, Jan 15, 2019.

1. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    You know, until I tried out the 80/as combo, I always thought it would snap right away. Surprisingly it doesn't. Didn't I write a review for it already or did I forget like everything else nowadays?

I haven't used ABBT. Haven't even seen it in flesh actually. The 80/AS combo on the other hand is basically exactly what you would expect from it. It's a creaky aerobite with more but not necessarily better feel. I think my biggest issue was it didn't feel smooth when hitting on touches. Vaguely remember it being very weird. Don't remember too much more than that.

I suppose a restring is in order.

2. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Yeah, I'm not so sure ABBT is worth it over just mixing 80 with AS. As you've tried 80 with AS, perhaps you should try it out.

3. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I’m gonna be honest, that’s probably the most repulsed I’ve been after hearing of any string. Shreyas mentioned it to me and I just straight up got turned off.

I immediately went “wow what a trash concept” and decided I wasn’t going to unless people were just raving on the forums about it.

4. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    As I said, it's alright, but nothing out of this world.

swsh likes this.
  5. DouglasLee2021

DouglasLee2021 New Member

Would someone be able to switch from BG66ultimax to aerobite easily?

6. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Yep I don't see why not.

7. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Just tried ABBT for the first time today, strung at 31lbs on a zf2. First impressions would be if AB is a grippy, hybrid version of 66um, then ABBT is a grippy, hybrid version of BG80. Despite the 0.72mm mains, the repulsion at the same tension is far higher due to the aerosonic crosses. The feeling is hard, which is fantastic for anyone who prefers hard strings, and the feedback on shots is far more than AB which in comparison is much more muted. I'm not too sure why it's necessary to have 0.72 mains though, as I don't see why BG80xAS wouldn't work just as well if not better. However, I'm not sure if the mains is exactly a thicker BG80, because it's got this coating that makes it much more grippy than standard BG80.

Control wise, it's interesting because it has less repulsion than AB, so you could think of this as better control because the shuttle will not bounce off the stringbed if you don't give any power, but I would just say there is a fundamental difference in the way you need to play delicate shots like net rolls between high and medium repulsion strings. It's more of a which technique you prefer. As an example, being a long time BG80/85 user, when I first switched to AB all my net shots were bouncing awfully high. Now I'm switching from AB to ABBT and the same shot is not going over the net.

I would actually highly recommend anyone who likes hard strings to try ABBT. It's surprisingly good.

Gollum and swsh like this.
  8. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

I found Aerobite Boost much better than my "home-made" BG80 / Aerosonic hybrid (which felt awful).

I originally expected Aerobite to be bad, but really liked it. I then tried Boost expecting it to be worse, but preferred it to standard AB.

Quite often a string does not play the way I expect it to. But also, these things are very subjective. Sometimes I might like a string because I'm playing well, or hate a string because I'm playing badly. It's hard to know for sure. ;)

endFX likes this.
  9. llrr

llrr Regular Member

What was the difference between ABBT and BG80xAS?

10. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

BG80xAS felt dead, ABBT felt lively.

swsh and llrr like this.
  11. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Got it done on the n55. Granted I'll be a bitch in regards to hitting hard with it given my history with normal AB and AS, I still look forward to playing with it.

12. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Keen to hear your feedback. What tension did you get?

13. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    30x32. Dropped a teeny bit by now I reckon tho.

14. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    EA49B1F5-B020-4B23-9312-28483F448B8D.jpeg

I’m not gonna critique it. I legitimately cannot see a flaw. Call me blind at this point tbh.

I’ve been bashing shuttles for a decent bit now almost everyday and despite fraying it hasn’t snapped. Way better durability than AB and unlike 66UM this doesn’t feel dead after a few sessions. It’s not that hard. It’s a crisp hard but not even close to BG80 etc. Not even in the same sentence and I’m sure this won’t give most people elbow pain. Probably a welcome change by many in that regard if you’re a bg80 user because it’s less taxing.

Touch is very good. It’s not very rubbery unlike the original AB? I think it was better in that regard. Punch is very nice. I expected it to be much lower. Sound isn’t quite there as much but honestly it’s fine and I don’t care.

I’m curious how much longer it’ll go. There’s a tournament on 23 so I’m wondering if I should cut and restring or let it play out.

It doesn’t die quickly which is probably the biggest factor for me. Unmatched by most things I’ve tried besides no.1 and 80 in that regard.

I absolutely hate how much I’ve liked this. I keep dropping other rackets with different string for this over and over thinking this might just be the best string they make right now. No.1 here even from a packet after straining is 550. This is 880. That’s a lot per stringing.

In any case, wow I was wrong about thinking about it in a negative light.

#54 swsh, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  15. llrr

llrr Regular Member

It's a pleasant surprise for sure. Your description of this string is very very accurate imo, it's pretty much the exact same feeling as I got from it. The mains do still feel rubbery though with the coating, but upon hitting I think the Vectran feeling takes over.

16. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Good news for people who like ABBT. It now comes in reels, so it should be cheaper now.

17. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    Any picture of it?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

18. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Unfortunately not. In fact, I can't even find any official info or the fact that reels are for sale anywhere. Only reason I know they're making these in reels is because my local stringer got it and is now stringing it for cheaper because of this.

19. khoai

khoai Regular Member

20. frostcone

frostcone Regular Member

Would ABBT really give more power in smash with the increased head weight compared to AB? I've heard ABBT is good for clear/power but some say it has less repulsion.