Yonex 403EX Nano Towel Grip

Discussion in 'Grip' started by TSchops, Jun 3, 2020.

1. TSchops

TSchops Regular Member

A short summary of my experience with the 403EX Nano Towel Grip. I have also used the 402DX and some Unspecified Li-ning single package towel grip.

I have these wrapped on a G5 handle with the original grip removed and a layer of electrical tape on the handle.

Thickness - Extremely thin less than half of thickness of the 402DX

Feel - smoother than a towel grip but very grippy. The material is closer to woven cotton (?) rather than a thicker towel

Absorbency - absorbs sweat quite well and still maintains a grippy feel. Typically using a PU grip my racket handle used to feel soaked and slippery after 2 games. With the 403 I can continue playing for more than 5 games with no issues. Also it seems to dry faster than the other towel grips. The 402DX though is better at absorption and maintains grip feel longer.

CONS
    - I could only buy it in Japan (via Rakuten Global - which is now closed)
    - it says package can wrap 3 rackets but it seems to only be enough for 2 - note that I do not overlap a lot when I wrap my grip on an already thin handle.
    - NO STICKY BACKING - a package comes with 3 long pieces of double tape - cut in half to start and the other half to finish the gripping. There is a tendency for it to shift at certain points (exposing the lower handle) after using it for a while.
    - oh and the red color seems to be closer to pink... maybe I got the wine red variant by mistake.

Overall if you need a really thin towel grip and can get your hands on it, I think its a good option if you’re willing to replace grips more often. So far been happy with it despite the few flaws.

I will try to post some picture if anyone is interested (and if someone can help me figure out how to post images from a hosting site)

Hope this is helpful to someone

llrr likes this.
  2. llrr

llrr Regular Member

What, I didn't know that yonex released a new thin towel grip that's even thinner than 402DX!? How much are these (inc. shipping)?

3. TSchops

TSchops Regular Member

I believe they were released just last year. And they seem to only be available in Japan.

I recall that pack that says its for 3 rackets sells for around JPY1,500 without shipping. Shipping cost was fixed for packages up to 1kg depending on location so I bought it along with some other items (Badminton shoes) to save on shipping.

Unfortunately since Rakuten Global Market shut, I haven’t found a way yet to get items from Japan.

price wise it was just a little more than locally buying 3 single individually wrapped standard towel grips.

4. llrr

llrr Regular Member

That's way too expensive.. I thought 402DX was expensive..