Yoga Uki Kasah

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Caffrey, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Caffrey

Caffrey Regular Member

Lawyer
    This guy is a pretty big star in Indonesia. When I went over there almost everyone knew him.

He doesnt seem that well known and it may be because he peaked during a time where the internet and open source information was not popular but this guy is absolutely spectacular. He's an MD player who its incredibly hard even though he is past his prime and very sharp on court. Some highlights of his career include beating LYD twice.

He came over to Canada to coach and he absolutely stunned me. I mean I know Canadian players are a walk in the park but he was something else. I remember him warming up with another Indonesian from the national junior team and the first 5 smashes he hit, the junior couldnt react. The owner of the club he was working for actually had to come up to him and ask him to make the game interesting because he was just walking over everyone.

Sadly he is back in Indonesia and I never got a chance to spar with him. I was wondering if any of you know anything about him and/or have videos of him competing internationally. The only videos I could find was of him in Canada walking around and smacking everyone.

2. PoLLuX

PoLLuX Regular Member

Student
  3. justinnguyen98

justinnguyen98 New Member

Student
    Yoga was actually my coach in Canada. Trained with him for 2 years here. HE is a beast of a player, and a very nice and approachable guy. The young indonesian guy is Nandang Arif Saputro, former indonesia junior Men's Singles #1, and world Junior #6. I remember back when he was here, Efendi (head coach) would cancel our training, and tells us to go cheer on Yoga and Arif at the Toronto Opens. We made these plans even before the tournament started. Amazing guy to watch.

There used to be some videos of him playing in the PB Djarum Website with his partner Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki. See if you can find them....I'm not sure if they're still up though.

4. justinnguyen98

justinnguyen98 New Member

Student
    My profile picture is actually Yoga PLaying